BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry (a) - 1/11/22 - at CBS Arena (the Ricoh in old money)

Rovers have been poor today and deserved nothing for the game. Created very little, Passing poor as I have seen first half. Not really created a clear-cut chance all night. No standout performance from any player. Subs too late for, should have been on early. Travis at right wing back didn't get forward at all.

Hopefully Hedges and Gallagher is back for Huddersfield game. I would go back to playing 4-2-3-1 formation and Bring Pickering back in for Ayala, Travis for Hedges, Vale for Gallagher. So, my team would be Kaminski; Brittain, Hyam, Wharton, Pickering; Morton, Wharton; Hedges, Szmodics, BBD; Gallagher

Just now, neophox said:

Hirst really is league 2 standard ....  this feels just as Cardiff and Wigan losses....poor.

How do you reckon he scored 13 goals in League One last season then?

He is League One standard. And that's very far from promotion to the Prem standard.

• Like 1

One of the worst performances I've seen from Rovers, not helped with the team selection. A carbon copy of the Wigan game where it was like half the time couldn't be arsed and the manager felt like a night off.

Playing Vale or Hirst is effectively forfeiting the game but Szmodics was abysmal too.

• Like 4

• Backroom

What a waste of time, topped off with a farcical red card. 

We didn't turn up tonight, unfortunately. Team selection was absolutely ridiculous. Players looked like they'd rather be anywhere else. Manager seemingly fell asleep at some point in the second half, waking up in the last ten minutes to chuck on a bunch of subs Mowbray-style. We let a Coventry team ravaged by illness totally control the game. Once we conceded we might as well have walked off, as we don't have the balls to come back from going behind. Truly amazing that we're 2nd, honestly, when we're capable of garbage performances like that. 

Oh well. Feel sad for the travelling fans, but just have to hope we score first in the next match I suppose.

• Like 4

Crap. Utter utter crap. 

Starting line up so wrong from the start! ..Hirst needs sending back and Vale needs sending to the conference league Jesus wept I've never seen 2 unbelievably poor strikers in my life 

Subs way..waayyyy to late, overall just such a bloody crap show and made a really poor side in Coventry look good 

• Like 3

Very poor night for us, I thought Coventry were far better and deserved their win. I don't think there will be a lot to cheer about at Coventry for the foreseeable future so I hope they enjoy the win.

It's a miracle where we are in the league so I can overlook this poor result and performance. Hirst and Vale really not good enough. 

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
1 minute ago, Gordon Gekko said:

Wtf is the ref doing, should have been at least 6 mins added on 

Could have been 20 mins added on and we’d have still done fuck all.

We show absolutely no desire or fight when 1-0 down and it’s a real worry.

• Like 7

Just now, rovers11 said:

Very poor night for us, I thought Coventry were far better and deserved their win. I don't think there will be a lot to cheer about at Coventry for the foreseeable future so I hope they enjoy the win.

It's a miracle where we are in the league so I can overlook this poor result and performance. Hirst and Vale really not good enough. 

Can’t point to a single Rovers player that was 5/10 or better.

• Like 2

There should be a full inquest into how Hirst and Vale have spent more time on the pitch than Bradley Dack. Totally beyond me. 

Back to basics, 352 and find a way to play Kaminski, Hyam, Brittain, Pickering, Hedges, Brereton and Morton. The other 4 can be whoever they want. 

• Like 9

Fortunately didn't see the 1st half, but literally everyone to a man stunk the place out. 

Didn't make sense to me to have Brittain at left back and Travis at right. We need Travis in there to break it up and add a little bit of know how and twa7tyness.

For all his talent the young lad A.Wharton had a bit of a stinker tonight but acknowledge that's very much to be expected given his tender years.

Hirst was genuinely dire. First touch is abysmal and is so heavy he nearly sends it back to where it came most of the time.

Just now, rovers11 said:

It's a miracle where we are in the league

It's not really though, is it?

We've won more games than anyone else in the division - and it doesn't matter how you win those games, as long as you do.

Tonight was abysmal, but we are still 2nd in the league after 19 games.

Back down to earth with a bang. Why on earth didn’t we a) switch things up and b) show any kind of urgency after going behind? Surely Dack and Dolan would have made sense when chasing the game. 8 minutes just isn’t enough time to make an impact. JDT has seemed so smart and reactive up until now- extremely frustrating and confusing today. 

• Like 3

Really got to hope Broughton and Tomasson can see Hirst isn't up to it and terminate the loan in Jan. Worrying that he was their main target all summer. 

A win on Saturday and it's not the end of the world, but we will get a mauling of the dingles I fear.