BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry (a) - 1/11/22 - at CBS Arena (the Ricoh in old money)

23 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Spot on. The wins haven't been empathetic at all and that's from a team that have won 11? Very bizarre. Said it before and I'll say it again. It all seems very fragile. Feels like we could go on a classic rovers spiral at any moment. Torture.

Just as well there's 33 points on the board already. If results start to match performances even getting to 50 points will be a stretch. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

markanday must be frighteningly bad if he can`t displace hirst or vale😬

The side certainly lacks someone who can win a duel in the right wing. Seems like BBD left, Gally center and Markanday right could cause lots of problems. 

39 minutes ago, booth said:

Generally I have to cut JDT and his team some slack that we have literally only one centre forward worth picking, and he's not a player you want to pin your hopes on. We had literally no centre forwards playing tonight (I can't accept that Hirst and Vale are capable of the role) and that's what you get when for two years you haven't purchased a decent striker.

Though I can't cut them some slack about the choices made tonight. If I was desperate for a goal I'd stick Brereton up front with Dack just behind feeding him.

They are handy to come on and and replace BBD or Gallagher and run around a lot when we are sitting on the edge of our box hanging on. I think that's all he actually wants from them and he tends to rely on like for like subs as his go to whatever is happening before eventually he throws more bodies on.

So yes we are a bit hamstrung with no quality but there are a few other options and he bangs on about flexibility yet there is never anything shown when we are losing. 

6 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Oh would you look at that. Comfortable win at the weekend and the thread is quiet.

A poor performance and the thread is jumping.

Ewood Park, it's not a crowd it's a jury.

It’s not just one performance though is it ? It’s just the latest in a succession of dog shite performances against very average teams were we have looked totally disinterested. I don’t expect us to win every game but I expect a performance every game. I would like to see us come back from going behind just once in a while.
Play like we have done recently away from home at the Dingle dome and it could be a repeat of the 5-0 only the other way around.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 9

New manager, new ideas, new players and 2nd in the league.

Road works are a nightmare on route home, but we keep the faith. Tremendous support as always. 

BD7737CD-5FB6-4DCD-B625-649B3FE587FD.thumb.png.3cc205185dce8d9609fd114a68c868a0.png

Edited by Gav
  • Like 3

Over the moon one day, down in the dumps the next---that's following Rovers in a nutshell. But what gets me most is not losing but the manner of it. Games against teams below us and we simply don't turn up. Its not like were unlucky in a nail-biting 1-0 loss. Precious points there for the taking from a team way below us and in all sorts of trouble and we can't cash in on it.

Doing way better than I thought we would but you wouldn't put your house on us finishing even top 6 would you?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, 47er said:

Over the moon one day, down in the dumps the next---that's following Rovers in a nutshell. But what gets me most is not losing but the manner of it. Games against teams below us and we simply don't turn up. Its not like were unlucky in a nail-biting 1-0 loss. Precious points there for the taking from a team way below us and in all sorts of trouble and we can't cash in on it.

Doing way better than I thought we would but you wouldn't put your house on us finishing even top 6 would you?

I’m counting how many points we need to get to 50.

1 minute ago, 47er said:

Yeah.

And in reality, most of the winning performances have been less than overwhelming.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Oh would you look at that. Comfortable win at the weekend and the thread is quiet.

I didn't notice the thread was quiet at the weekend. Are you expecting fans not to be happy when we lose in this way and not come on here and vent frustration? Would any other fans be the same or Blackburn Rovers fans exceptionalists in this matter?

• Like 2

Think JDT got it wrong tonight. Travis shoe horned into the side at right back, putting Brittain onto the left made us completely unbalanced. 

It worked once before because we had Hedges as a threat from the right. But tonight it just left our two best players in the same area of the pitch and everything going down that side. Easy to defend against. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 47er said:

I don't think there's a cat in hell's chance of us , finishing in the top 6 ...

3 or 4 ready made Championship players , would have to be signed in January to do so...This team will run out of legs soon .... Struggle to play twice a week now ...What will they be like come February?

17 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Well I never...as if its not the same on every football Club MB!

Dust ourselves down and smash Huddersfield Saturday.🙄

Edited by A Northern Horde...
  • Like 2

Only managed to catch the second half tonight. From that it seemed to me to be an exceptionally complacent performance in that we seemed to be under the impression that we only needed to continue playing at the fairly leisurely pace we wanted to play at and sooner or later we'd get back in the game. It didn't happen in fact in reality we lacked any real intent or intensity and rarely stretched the opposition back line or troubled their keeper.

Individally I know Szmodics has chipped in with a few goals but I still think he's rubbish and Hirst - Christ - BUT - what annoys me most about him was we knew we were signing a striker with a record of 0/32 at this level before he came here - so what led anyone to believe it might be any different? If you sign someone with a decent track record then maybe you can make out you've been a bit unlucky that he's failed to perform, but when you sign someone who's previously completely bombed, you only have your selves to blame.

Nineteen games in and I still have no idea whatsoever to expect from this team on any given day. If we were handing out points on performances we'd be hovering just above the bottom three, I literally have no idea how we're second in the table having generally played so poorly and having lost something approaching half our games. After each defeat I expect everything to come crashing down to earth with a bump but we've generally responded to a defeat by pulling out an unexpected victory. I hope we continue to do this but fear it wont last much longer unless we start to play a lot better.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers have been poor today and deserved nothing for the game. Created very little, Passing poor as I have seen first half. Not really created a clear-cut chance all night. No standout performance from any player. Subs too late for, should have been on early. Travis at right wing back didn't get forward at all.

Hopefully Hedges and Gallagher is back for Huddersfield game. I would go back to playing 4-2-3-1 formation and Bring Pickering back in for Ayala, Travis for Hedges, Vale for Gallagher. So, my team would be Kaminski; Brittain, Hyam, Wharton, Pickering; Morton, Wharton; Hedges, Szmodics, BBD; Gallagher

Ayala starts over Wharton if you’re moving to a 4. Him and Hyam is the best centre half pairing in this division, Scotty was awful tonight so if you are going to a 4 he has to drop out. And there’s no way JDT drops our captain. Kaminski, Brittain, Hyam, Ayala, Pickering, Travis,Morton, Szmodics, Hedges, Gally, Diaz for me 🙂 

• Like 1