BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

I'd got for Armstrong on loan too. It's obviously not worked out for him at Soton, the team is struggling and he's still not playing as far as I'm aware. He must be champing at the bit to get back playing first team football and scoring goals again and we know he loves Rovers. Not the big, ugly bruising CF I think we need but he'd be more of an asset than Gallagher, Hirst and the the others

I liked Armstrong but not sure he'd work in the current team. He had a hell of a lot of shots in his last season with us to return his 20 odd goals. Just don't think we create enough currently and he's be a bit of a passenger.

AA could slot into Breretons spot if he left but he'd not offer half the graft of tracking back Ben does which has been vital in many of our wins this season.

I think people forget how one dimensional we often were with Armstrong as TM sought to get the best out of him.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Brighton nearly dropped out of the football league in 1997 and sold their ground. They were in League One in 2010. Now they're out of sight for us - we're literally begging for the scraps off their table this transfer window with JVH. Sadly they're a fantastically run club. 

Certainly not sad for them. I’m pleased for Brighton. Living in London, I have a fair few Brighton fans as friends and it’s a good club, run well. Good day out for a neutral, as well. A guy I play football with works for Tony Bloom and could not speak higher of him and the operation he works at.

A sophisticated, progressive and considered approach to football club ownership. We should be happy for them, really, much the same as they are sad for us. It’s a good thing for football, generally.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Displaced Rover said:

I liked Armstrong but not sure he'd work in the current team. He had a hell of a lot of shots in his last season with us to return his 20 odd goals. Just don't think we create enough currently and he's be a bit of a passenger.

Agreed. Loved watching him score goals for us but without a lot of other investment and some considerable change to his approach, I don’t think he materially improves the potential of the side. Undeniably, he would score goals, but the shift in dynamic means throwing out the current philosophy. While a lot of us would be in favour of that, I’d expect performances to drop off a cliff and his goals to then dwindle.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JoeH said:

I said the lad was aeging, which at 28 he is. He's far from past it, which I didn't claim 

He's the exact same age (born literally the same day) as Jamal Lowe who you said we should "definitely" take on, a few hours back.

The exact same height as well (though I'm struggling a little on whether that's also relevant or not...)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jny said:

He's the exact same age (born literally the same day) as Jamal Lowe who you said we should "definitely" take on, a few hours back.

The exact same height as well (though I'm struggling a little on whether that's also relevant or not...)

Lowe is a loan though. 

Whereas he'd be a permanent.

Let's not forget context 😂

9 hours ago, tomphil said:

I certainly wouldn't let BBD go now for anything other than a big offer.

From his point of view though a move to Everton isn't as daft as it might sound to some given their current position. Huge club, just up the road, big contract and maybe signing on fee AND a chance to play in the Prem right away.

Struggling team or not it's a big draw and if they come down they'll be highly likely to bounce straight back and he'll have the prospect of scoring a bag full in this league then another crack at the Prem.

I wouldn't rule it out from his point of view but i expect the Vs will want 10 mill.

Struggling team, not exactly pulling up trees at the  moment, could end up like our Adam. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bohinen1983 said:

The reason we aren't scoring is a lack of service, simple. The strikers run around pressing, exhausting themselves then feed off scraps.

We need both but I disagree the strikers are feeding off scraps. A better goalscorer than Gallagher would have scored at least a couple between the Boro and Cardiff games.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, booth said:

We need both but I disagree the strikers are feeding off scraps. A better goalscorer than Gallagher would have scored at least a couple between the Boro and Cardiff games.

Fair point that. He misses some howlers, but he's still feeding off next to nothing. 

Cole was a goal machine, but he was infamous for needing a hatful of chances before he scored. If you stuck prime Cole in this team he'd look shite.  I think we have good strikers (for this division), good defenders and keeper. But a woeful midfield. Fix that in this window and we will get into the playoffs. If we don't it'll be a midtable finish imo.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

No, nothing more on any of that. It was info that I had seen shared by two posters elsewhere. Simms won't be happening as he played for Everton the other night. Based on today's article above, it looks like there is something in the BBD to Everton rumour.

Thanks. Didn't Everton have scouts at the Cardiff game watching BBD?

9 hours ago, TheRevAshton said:

If we could get say £6m for Diaz, with the promise of being able to reinvest the money right away, i'd take it with no hesitation. Mindful that BBD has fallen off a bit lately, and we'd lose him for free in a few months anyway.

If that did happen, a successful window for me would be along the lines of;

Siriki Dembele - Loan
Reda Khadra - Loan
Jo Inge Berget - Free
Jan Paul van Hecke - 1.5m
Ben Pearson - 2m

Very unlikely of course... but I think we'd be in a much better position with additions like that, than if we kept the currently out of form BBD. Khadra might be questionable to some, but I think he'd thrive under JDT with the current system.

Realistically, wages would probably be the biggest issue regarding the above.

I wouldn't take Kharda back. Too much of a show pony for me. 

9 hours ago, JoeH said:

JCH is ageing and Hardie is a Jordan Rhodes type. There's no value in selling BBD because A) We won't reinvest the money B] Even if we could, we aren't going to get someone as good as him C) We could still reach the play offs this season, but without him it's extremely unlikely.

I wouldn't mind Hardie as he seems a goalscorer from what I seen which is limited. Wouldn't cost much. 

Who would you like us to sign? 

9 hours ago, rigger said:

He may well get another league club. But will he improve them ?

We will have to see if he leaves us for another loan somewhere else. 

• Backroom

Ben Brereton has put an Instagram post on tonight with a few photos with the caption 'Rovers😃'

Dack has shared it on his story with a smiley face and Garrett has shared it with a clap emoji. 

New contract inbound? 👀

• Like 7

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, Madon said:

Ben Brereton has put an Instagram post on tonight with a few photos with the caption 'Rovers😃'

Dack has shared it on his story with a smiley face and Garrett has shared it with a clap emoji. 

New contract inbound? 👀

I thought that too but the pic looks suspiciously like a goodbye. Could go either way.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Madon said:

New contract inbound? 👀

He's really happy here and I wouldn't be surprised if this were to happen 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bohinen1983 said:

Fair point that. He misses some howlers, but he's still feeding off next to nothing. 

Cole was a goal machine, but he was infamous for needing a hatful of chances before he scored. If you stuck prime Cole in this team he'd look shite.  I think we have good strikers (for this division), good defenders and keeper. But a woeful midfield. Fix that in this window and we will get into the playoffs. If we don't it'll be a midtable finish imo.

He'd score a lot more than Gallagher though. Going into the second half of the season with Gallagher, Vale and Hirst (who is maybe gone) would be disappointing. We've got BBD and Dack too but BBD plays wide and Dack plays deeper. I expect Dack to chip in with a few goals and BBD to notch more but as we learned last year we shouldn't rely on BBD for goals.

It'd be amazing if we could find a prolific centre forward and an experienced midfielder who could dictate the pace of a game.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I wouldn't take Kharda back. Too much of a show pony for me.

Unless Greg or JDT says we're interested and then you'd change your tune and say he's a great signing and you recommend him on 13th October 2022

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Madon said:

New contract inbound? 👀

Got excited thinking it sounded like it could be something along those lines and went for a gander..seems the norm for him to post that caption. Here is one from the recent holiday, sorry, training camp 😉

Screenshot_2023-01-06-22-01-39-377_com.sec.android.app.sbrowser.jpg

6 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Brighton nearly dropped out of the football league in 1997 and sold their ground. They were in League One in 2010. Now they're out of sight for us - we're literally begging for the scraps off their table this transfer window with JVH. Sadly they're a fantastically run club. 

What about Bournemouth? 13000 every home game!! Why can't we do it?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bohinen1983 said:

Cole was a goal machine, but he was infamous for needing a hatful of chances before he scored. If you stuck prime Cole in this team he'd look shite.

I believed that until he signed, but soon realised he was actually pretty clinical. And most of the chances he got was because he was in the right place at the right time. The ‘five chances to score a goal’ was a myth spouted by Hoddle to justify not picking him. You rarely put a ball in the box and thought ‘why is no one there with him in the team’.

• Like 6