BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

There is no chance at all that the club will get in the required players with 3 days to go until the deadline. We can kiss goodbye to the playoffs now, so let’s just not get our hopes up. 

If the club could actually manage player’s contracts we might have some actual money to spend. We need to implement a policy of players with 18 months on their deals have 6 months to agree a deal or go on the transfer list, whoever they are. 

Time to stick players like Ayala and BBD on the bench who aren’t going to be here next season and give the likes of Markanday, Dolan, Phillips more games and get them ready for next year. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

I don;'t know the man but he shouldn't have laughed at Lenihan. All players are proud of their ability and have ambitions and Lenihan was not unreasonable in hoping for a top flight move. There are plenty of defenders worse than him in the Premier League

The irony is that Lenihan could be playing in the Premier League next season with Middlesbrough.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

When's Morton ever going to be dropped 

He’s Mr Teflon Crab, I’ve not seen one person receive so many passes facing his own goal just to knock it back to the defenders. He was to blame for their first goal, plus he got booked early on. Yet it was Buckley who was pulled. He’s bomb proof. He will not be near Liverpool’s first team when he returns. He only looks forward from set pieces even his dad Ray Wilkins moved forward occasionally!

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Spartakfenni said:

He’s Mr Teflon Crab, I’ve not seen one person receive so many passes facing his own goal just to knock it back to the defenders. He was to blame for their first goal, plus he got booked early on. Yet it was Buckley who was pulled. He’s bomb proof. He will not be near Liverpool’s first team when he returns. He only looks forward from set pieces even his dad Ray Wilkins moved forward occasionally!

Have to assume there's some severe penalties involved when not playing him etc.

Which is awful awful recruitment.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Have to assume there's some severe penalties involved when not playing him etc.

Which is awful awful recruitment.

If true - and it should be noted that there's not even been anything other than 'gut feeling' as evidence of such an agreement.

Morton has been on the bench a few times this season and, based on recent performances, you would expect to see him back there again for a spell soon.

5 hours ago, Mercer said:

Yes we DO STAND A FECKIN CHANCE.

Other teams WITHOUT parachute payments have done in the recent past eg Brentford, Sheffield United.

I've said on a number of occasions, IMO, we are SEVERELY UNDERMANAGED from top to bottom.

As I've said before Chaddy, stop trying to defend the indefensible - wake up and finally smell the coffee.

Firstly, no need to keep shouting mercer. Calm down! 

We can't complete with clubs with parachute payments in terms of wages. as shown with Ahmedhodzic and Porteous chases where Sheffield United and Watford have out bid us. Time to accept it and that why we need to back the recruitment department and by using smartly we will be finding these gems before alot of clubs do   

5 hours ago, Mercer said:

If correct, and personally I don't trust Waggott, what self respecting CEO would put up with that cr@p.  You should have asked him why he hadn't therefore resigned!

But the owners would just appoint another one. Venkys and Pasha run the shop here. They trusted Waggott to run the admin side of the club for them. 

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

So Rovers' replay at Brum on Tuesday (last day of window) which will truly feck Rovers' plans if they had any !!!

No it doesn't. Rovers don't need JDT at Brockhall on Tuesday as most deals will be already at our level.

2 minutes ago, Andy said:

If true - and it should be noted that there's not even been anything other than 'gut feeling' as evidence of such an agreement.

Morton has been on the bench a few times this season and, based on recent performances, you would expect to see him back there again for a spell soon.

in the coming seasons i expect morton to be on tranmere`s bench,not seen such an inoffensive,underwhelming and overrated player for a long time,what does he actually do bar give the ball away in stupid areas

• Like 1

It was raining all game, the pitch was cutting up quite a bit, most of our players were covered in mud.

At half time you could’ve took Morton’s kit, stuck it on a hanger and sold it in the club shop - it was spotless. 

Becoming a liability on the ball. Always been a bottler off it. 

• Like 9

32 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

It was raining all game, the pitch was cutting up quite a bit, most of our players were covered in mud.

At half time you could’ve took Morton’s kit, stuck it on a hanger and sold it in the club shop - it was spotless. 

Becoming a liability on the ball. Always been a bottler off it. 

He's made a couple of howlers but usually solid on the ball. Might be time to sit a couple of matches on the sidelines and rest up a little - has played nearly every minute so far.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

in the coming seasons i expect morton to be on tranmere`s bench,not seen such an inoffensive,underwhelming and overrated player for a long time,what does he actually do bar give the ball away in stupid areas

Essentially he's too cocky. He's much, much better than Clarkson, for example, but he makes a lot of basic mistakes (like the one for Birmingham's first goal today - that's a suicide ball) and doesn't seem to be learning from them.

• Like 2

Markandy out wouldn't surprise me. But I think the important issue there is the money aspect.

Quite clear to me that they won't increase the wage bill. So we are at max. We got shut of Hirst which freed up some cash for Thomas and now they'll try and get another off the books till the summer to free up space for another incoming.

It's Accy Stanley or more like non league style stuff for a Club supposedly trying to get a place in the PL.

Jokers the lot of them. 

I don't blame Broughton or JDT for this - it was the same under Mowbray. Same people at the top...need rid of them for change.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Quite clear to me that they won't increase the wage bill. So we are at max. We got shut of Hirst which freed up some cash for Thomas and now they'll try and get another off the books till the summer to free up space for another incoming.

So frustrating when you consider Gallagher is one of our highest earners and that Mowbray gave him a new contract, enabled by Waggott. June 2024 we've got him till.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Firstly, no need to keep shouting mercer. Calm down! 

We can't complete with clubs with parachute payments in terms of wages. as shown with Ahmedhodzic and Porteous chases where Sheffield United and Watford have out bid us. Time to accept it and that why we need to back the recruitment department and by using smartly we will be finding these gems before alot of clubs do   

But the owners would just appoint another one. Venkys and Pasha run the shop here. They trusted Waggott to run the admin side of the club for them. 

No it doesn't. Rovers don't need JDT at Brockhall on Tuesday as most deals will be already at our level.