BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

11 minutes ago, BigUts said:

Rovers don't owe anybody 200m or whatever the figure. That's all share capital so unless somehow that was converted in to a loan to the tune of, we would basically be debt free.

The share capital is in the holding company which has lent the funds to the operating company. If the net assets of that company - mainly property - are realised in a liquidation, that amount is repaid to the holding company and returned to the Venkys in the course of its liquidation Venkys get some of their funding returned and Blackburn Rovers is just a name with no assets. 

New left back required 

2 New Midfielders needed

1 (maybe 2) Strikers needed.

Imagine we will get 1 midfielder and 1 "attacker". Come the summer we will need other places filled. Then next January the same and round and round we go. We just don't seem to have the forward thinking to sort each position, when we had decent strikers the defence was in bits ..when the defence was in a good place the attack wasn't up to it.

Its like revamping your house. You sort the bathroom and kitchen but you leave it so long or use cheap materials when doing the bedroom or living room that the house just never seems to be up to the required standard. Before long the bathroom and kitchen need addressing again. It's poor planning basically.

8 minutes ago, alcd said:

The share capital is in the holding company which has lent the funds to the operating company. If the net assets of that company - mainly property - are realised in a liquidation, that amount is repaid to the holding company and returned to the Venkys in the course of its liquidation Venkys get some of their funding returned and Blackburn Rovers is just a name with no assets. 

My bad. Thanks for clarifying it for me 

Edited by BigUts

Undav will end up in the French/Belgian top flight on loan.

If WBA are pushing, which they apparently are, O’Brien will most certainly be going there.

Painful! Having to replay yesterdays game on deadline day hasn’t done us any favors either, we had great chances to put that game to bed.

Anyway… I’d still really like to see us move for Josh Onomah from Fulham. Would be a squeeze financially sure, but what a difference he could make.

Edited by TheRevAshton

Not sure why having a game on Tuesday affects things. If Broughton and his team are in charge of recruitment they can stay in Lancashire to complete deals and JDT and team go to Birmingham for the match.

Hope this won't be the latest excuse for a failed transfer window.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

Not sure why having a game on Tuesday affects things. If Broughton and his team are in charge of recruitment they can stay in Lancashire to complete deals and JDT and team go to Birmingham for the match.

It would certainly be a pathetic one. A game on Tuesday shouldn't make a blind bit of difference. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

Burnley just brought in Obafemi on loan with a view, took a while to settle at Swansea after us missing out previously but a good championship forward 

Consistently slated by managers for his attitude. Kinda glad we didn’t get him. He’ll be bit-part at Burnley at best 

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
3 minutes ago, Tom said:

Burnley just brought in Obafemi on loan with a view, took a while to settle at Swansea after us missing out previously but a good championship forward 

So, he doesn’t mind coming up north after all! Who’d have thought it?….

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

As Sharpe says in the LT today, JDT sees Morton as integral to the way Rovers play. 

Our CM's are more like DM's. They just sit in front of the back 4, get the ball and move it on. Buckley's instruction seems to hit the killer ball as often as possible, whereas Morton seems to just play square/back and keep possession.  

Therein lies a massive problem.

When you have to borrow a china doll midfielder from a huge clubs youth team then build your style around him because he is guaranteed games it's sandcastle foundations to start with. If he is the only thing you can find to base your method of play on you are in the wrong league imo.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Tom said:

If that's the sort of transfer business they are into with promotion virtually secured and preparing for life in the PL that's fine by me.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tom said:

Have you seen the screenshots though of him chatting up a 14 year or girl? 

Not sure he’s the type of character we want! 

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Therein lies a massive problem.

When you have to borrow a china doll midfielder from a huge clubs youth team then build your style around him because he is guaranteed games it's sandcastle foundations to start with. If he is the only thing you can find to base your method of play on you are in the wrong league imo.

Morton's had good games and bad....he's just making glaring mistakes at the moment like for Khadra's goal yesterday. He's not a DM in the traditional sense, he's suited to PremWorld where nobody puts a tackle but you have to be good enough on the ball to keep the ball when you're being swarmed. Like you I think he's in the wrong league but that doesn't mean he won't have good games for us. It's just everyone seems to have gone backwards since the WC break...except Dack and JRC.  

If we are in for O'Brien then that might suggest JDT is trying to rectify the issue. I think O'Brien is a DM who is a bit more rugged and can pass it, but I might be wrong?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, BigUts said:

Rovers don't owe anybody 200m or whatever the figure. That's all share capital so unless somehow that was converted in to a loan to the tune of, we would basically be debt free.

Exactly what I wrote. But the choker is that this is how balls-deep the Venkys are in their 'commitment' to 'their' club - apart from a few insanely rich people on the planet, I can't think of anyone who would swallow a £200 million plus write off from a commercial perspective, without there being a serious reckoning.

I can imagine the banter in Pune, every time the subject of Rovers comes up:

Balaji: Chill peeps, bro, dudes. It''ll come good. Mark me wahds.

Mrs D : I knew you were an idiot, the first day your tutor said you'd skipped school to hang out with that boy from the Red Hot Chilli Peppers. I should never have let you have this playtoy in England... Major Brand, Proud Tradition.. Founder Member of the Footbahl Leeq, whatever ballax that is..

Venkatash: No comment

Balaji: Pass the deodorant, I've got Miley Cyrus coming over later to check mi etchings..What waz yus sayin abaht mi pride and joy of Lancshakira? I'd forgotten I still owned that.. must stop the direct debit. It's only a piss in the ocean, but me pocket money is mine to do wid what I wanna, right.

Mrs D : Right! You're grounded until you learn to be more responsible with my money. You told me it was only going to be five lakh a year, and that I'd have right fit athletes busting their balls to play in our back yard. Or was it my back yard... anyways, it has got to stop. The famli can't afford to chuck our hard earned money at the poor people in England, not when there is every chance it won't even exist once the Russian bear wakes up and scratches its arse properly. So it stops now, Blaji boy. Hear me. Balaaaaaji.. oh feck it, where has he gone now? 

Venkatash : No comment

Mrs D : I'm ringing the bank now. You are officially off the team, Balaji.. Hello, is that the Bank of India? Yes, it is I, Madame. Yes... Yes.. No, I'm ringing about some loose change one of my sons keeps dropping down the back of his sofa. The losses are mounting, and we can't even sit on the fecking thing any more. I want any spare change that can be salvaged back in my account by Wednesday. Yes... Call it Deadline Day.

27 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Yeah, I don't know why either. Surely the discussions about what players we are going to try and sign happened ages ago. JDT will have had his input and now it's up to GB and his team to deliver.

The game shouldn't impact it too much.

*From our point of view at least

Edited by davulsukur

46 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

He’s said he “reckons there’s a chance of one” before deadline…that’s not even 100%….

Did he? Iv just read his tweets and someone asked if any signings today and his reply was there is a chance of signings in tomorrow.

He never said chance of one before deadline unless iv missed it?

Screenshot_2023-01-29-10-58-26-12_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

14 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Essentially he's too cocky. He's much, much better than Clarkson, for example, but he makes a lot of basic mistakes (like the one for Birmingham's first goal today - that's a suicide ball) and doesn't seem to be learning from them.

Accepting the fact that Morton has made some individual errors that have proved costly (yesterday chief amongst them, it was right in front of my temp seat in the JW Upper & was suicidal), he's not alone in that.  Can I suggest to those criticising why we signed Morton that they listen to GB"s interview with the Assoc of Sporting Directors that is posted elsewhere on this forum?

It explains exactly why he was signed, which was to bridge the gap between experienced midfielders leaving at the end of last season & the likes of Wharton & Garrett coming through. He's 12 months ahead of both in his overa development & age, so a 12 month loan made sense given the budget & timescales GB & JDT had to work to, but next season will likely be founded on Wharton, Garrett, Travis& Buckley plus 1 other. To me that's rational, common sense, forward / succession planning which has been missing from this club for a decade.

Additionally, Morton himself has said on record that he wasn't expecting this many appearances, so it can hardly have been written into his deal that he gets them! The main reason for that has been the drop off-in form of Buckley & Travis, which proves that reliance on just your own (younger) players isn't always successful so loans are required to supplement that, like all other clubs at our level given the fact that established Prem clubs have about 40 senior players in their books at any one time

Why does everything have to be a conspiracy theory about penalties for lack of minutes, jobs for the boys, stats over eyes etc??

Edit: that post wasn't directed at you Exiled by the way, I realise on re-reading that it could've come across that way!!

Edited by Atko's Engine
Clarification
  • Like 8

58 minutes ago, alcd said:

I am pretty sure the won't do that and (maybe naively) think that's why it is structured like it is.