BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

3 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

It could but could also be better 

Wasn’t Duncan Ferguson due an interview or something? This administration could really mess up a managerial appointment, the kind of decision that sees us fall at least a division.

JDT leaving within a year of being appointed, because of issues around recruitment is borderline “basket case club” territory. The outcome on the pitch might not be much worse short-term, but for a manager who has consistently toed the line on “budget” to become exasperated by transfer windows sends a reminder to anyone we’re trying to bring to the club that the owners make us a no-go.

It’s so obvious. They’re so out of their depth.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, tomphil said:

He was an 11th hour appointment by Rovers when they were running out of options for cheap yes men and he probably only took it because it was pitched to him.  At no point have i heard he applied for the job or was interested in it before so when you fish in those ponds you know very little about each other until you work together. 

I agree and as it happens because it's a recognised name in football it masks his unproven record. It done the trick in the same way Lampard or similar does/did when in reality the jury is out big time on their managerial abilities.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LDRover said:

I have heard second hand from a staff member that JDT is indeed unhappy, has interest from Germany and is keen to leave. Don't shoot the messenger.

hardly surprising if true ,he`s wasting his time and reputation here,while i don`t think he`s a very good coach he does deserve some backing transfer wise,i said last week they are doing a lambert on him,will he take greg the egg with him??

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BigBar said:

I agree and as it happens because it's a recognised name in football it masks his unproven record. It done the trick in the same way Lampard or similar does/did when in reality the jury is out big time on their managerial abilities.

Check out Malmo pre and post JDT...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Wow this is depressing.

Who'd be a Rovers fan? Fuck me.

I am...busy assembling my pitchforks ...

If this window really does end in another abject failure, I am going to be asking myself whether I just accept it and crawl down to Ewood to continue the pretence that we have a football club....

• Like 1

I wouldn't be devastated if he went. I was as excited as anyone knowing how good of a player he was. I thought attacking and exciting football. Neither of which we do. If anything the squad he has inherited has gotten  worse than last season. Seven months or so into 'the experiment' we should have an identity and style. Again neither of which we do. I don't think he's done anything to warrant backing from the owners. We could be top of the league though and they'd still be the same. The only thing that concerns me is if he went, who would we get? That would out up with this circus of a club? 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

Wouldn’t be a great surprise but I don’t see him jumping ship before the end of the season.

He's got a contract here. We put a silly clause in Lamberts contract allowing him to leave at the end of the season. It would be highly, highly unlikely we'd have done similar with JDT. 

If he becomes unhappy, that's fair, but it wouldn't look good on him trying to force an exit. It doesn't reflect well when looking for other jobs. If he did want to leave he'd have to perform well and another club buy him out of his contract or perform miserably and get the sack, risking him getting a decent job elsewhere.