BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

12 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Wow, if we have the same issue on two deals then it smacks of inefficiency / lack of knowledge.

Anyone can make a mistake but two in the final hours of deadline day is  totally and completely indefensible 

Think even less likely now we will see any leeway from the EFL - might suggest the club reviews it's employees' competencies!

I'd suggest the process needs reviewing first.

12 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

the club really does regard the fans as completely irrelevant and now the local press as well,they can`t even be bothered to give anyone an update on what is going on or a proper explanation of the delay,they can shove their season ticket up their **** next season

Don’t let these transient chancers, with no emotional attachment to our club, take it away from us.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ItsRoverZ said:

I would genuinely love to know what he does? I honestly believe anyone of us on this board could do the EXACT same job as he's doing right now 

He's an experienced football administrator who knows how to dot the i's and cross the t's on league business but beyond that he seems pretty useless. 

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Andy said:

Nah, don't buy that for a second.

Medical done, club media interview done, photos all taken.

If the deal wasn't legitimate, they wouldn't have gone through these steps.

Incompetent, possibly (unless this is indeed an EFL issue).

Deliberate, take the tinfoil hat off.

We'll see.

According to Sharpe BOTH deals were in doubt. If that's true it completely blows the "bit unlucky, single document accidentally overlooked" excuse in the O Brien case out of the water. If both deals fail then whoever was dealing with them is clearly completely incompetent.  

If the outward deal for Markanday and the cheap deal for  the kid from Rochdale that no- one cares about  go through but the potentially expensive deal for the player we desperately need for the first team fails then attempts are made to apportion blame to the EFL then they really must think we were all born yesterday.

Either way, Broughton should be sacked. The football side of the Club is now his responsibility.

• Like 9

12 hours ago, BankEnd Rover said:

To be clear…JDT wants a striker. He most probably doesn’t rate Gallagher like the rest of us - it’s not the managers fault if we haven’t brought anyone in. 

JDT will be furious if a striker hasn’t been signed. 

I'm not as sure about this.

Most of us now must have noticed that JDT doesn't prioritise involving our front players.

We have had zero, one or two shots on target in a number of games. For me, JDT hasn't noticed this, as it's not part of his measures of success. 

I have said this more or less every week for the last 4 or 5 months, initially with my tongue slightly in my cheek, but anecdotally, visibly, statistically, it is now proven. 

So, sorry, no, I don't think he is as bothered as we are that we are weaker up front than before January, and that the 'winning/scoring is optional' model continues.

And please, please do not quote me the fact that dack created and missed 2 or 3 good chances last night etc etc.

We're all well aware that every 5 or 6 games we play less poorly. 

Our expectations are plummeting, and no-one cares. Keep your eye on the Wigan attendance on Monday....

I only deal in scientific facts, btw....😊

31 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

Been busy all day, have read Nixon's saga and not much else.

Taking that as correct, this is really borderline & depends how legally-minded the EFL are. As a lawyer myself I know that service of all the right documents at the right time in the right method is imperative. Minor errors or omissions are, more often than not, fatal.

Eg if a document (or documents) are not served in a prescribed way, service will be deemed ineffective even if the oppo admits they were received in time but in a non-prescribed manner. Or if a document is unsigned, or if a key document is missing, good luck arguing it in a relief from sanctions application.

Sorry if that worries folk more....

FWIW, it sounds as though an admin error was made by a Rovers employee brought about as a consequence of the last minute nature of the deal, which in itself does not sound like it was Rovers fault. This is why last minute deals are a risk, but doesn't mean they should be avoided. O'Brien was clearly worth trying for, hence why we agreed to all demands, and it wasn't the club's fault that that situation arose.

What a load of nonsense. And you're a lawyer?

IF a Rovers employee made an admin error how is it not the Club's fault the situation arose? Forest's? The EFL?

• Like 3

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

What a load of nonsense. And you're a lawyer?

IF a Rovers employee made an admin error how is it not the Club's fault the situation arose? Forest's? The EFL?

Read the post properly before making knee jerk reactions please.

I said it looks like it is an error on a Rovers employee's part (therefore if so Rovers fault vicariously - we agree) but the fact that it was a last minute deal wasn't the club's fault, it was down to the player's late availability & him dithering on whether he had other options.

The only nonsense being spouted in this is you stating the situation is deliberate.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Total radio silence from the club on deadline day plus the following day.

This is a complete lack of respect for the fans.

No wonder there is none in return.

Completely agree. The lack of communication is almost as bad the administrative bungling. It shows total contempt and indifference for the supporters and smacks of arrogance too. And they wonder why gates are falling

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

We'll see.

According to Sharpe BOTH deals were in doubt. If that's true it completely blows the "bit unlucky, single document accidentally overlooked" excuse in the O Brien case out of the water. If both deals fail then whoever was dealing with them is clearly completely incompetent.  

If the outward deal for Markanday and the cheap deal for  the kid from Rochdale that no- one cares about  go through but the potentially expensive deal for the player we desperately need for the first team fails then attempts are made to apportion blame to the EFL then they really must think we were all born yesterday.

Either way, Broughton should be sacked. The football side of the Club is now his responsibility.

Wouldn't it be Silvester as he is responsible for paperwork and registering deals with the league being club secretary.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Total radio silence from the club on deadline day plus the following day.

This is a complete lack of respect for the fans.

No wonder there is none in return.

Well I think this is the elephant in the room and is what’s annoying folk today as it highlights a deep resentment at the lack of transparency and communication from the owners 

• Like 7

I'm surprised that many of us are being soooo reasonable about what did or didn't happen at 11pm last night.

Whether O'Brien signs or not, it is without doubt a major cock-up, failure, and true, irrefutable example of multi-million pound incompetence.

Leaving our chances of a strong finish to the season to the pity, or compassion, or charity of the EFL is unforgivable.

U.N.F.O.R.G.I.V.A.B.L.E

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Recruitment's position was only changed in the sense of not being able to scout domestic games live for most of December. If our first team coaches and manager need a break in games to realise what the glaring inefficiencies are in the team, they're not fit for purpose. Also, we were still training I think (might be wrong on that) in which case staff probably took a break at the weekends anyway. It shouldn't take a lot of meeting time for the manager to convey to recruitment where his priorities lie and what type of player he wants. And recruitment/GB can put out feelers whether we are playing or not.

I think you’re missing the point, which is there is no reason we can’t do our business early and efficiently. Those scrambling around at the end are the poorly run clubs 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

I think you’re missing the point, which is there is no reason we can’t do our business early and efficiently. Those scrambling around at the end are the poorly run clubs 

Whilst not entirely disagreeing, a key part of why we're fishing around late in the window is due to players/clubs holding out for better offers/options.

O'Brien being a perfect example; we'd enquired early on in the window, but not given much reason to pursue.

We then get wind of him having an interest at the last second, once better options had fallen away, and try to get something over the line in the final hours.

Still should have been achievable though, and I whilst I still fully expect it to go through, we could have quite easily avoided this mess in the first place...

5 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Or clubs waiting for other links in the chain to be completed AND poorly run

Just now, Andy said:

Whilst not entirely disagreeing, a key part of why we're fishing around late in the window is due to players/clubs holding out for better offers/options.

O'Brien being a perfect example; we'd enquired early on in the window, but not given much reason to pursue.

We then get wind of him having an interest at the last second, once better options had fallen away, and try to get something over the line in the final hours.

Still should have been achievable though, and I whilst I still fully expect it to go through, we could have quite easily avoided this mess in the first place...

Reading between the lines nobody wants to come here unless the other options fall by the way side. I can understand why.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

Read the post properly before making knee jerk reactions please.

I said it looks like it is an error on a Rovers employee's part (therefore if so Rovers fault vicariously - we agree) but the fact that it was a last minute deal wasn't the club's fault, it was down to the player's late availability & him dithering on whether he had other options.

The only nonsense being spouted in this is you stating the situation is deliberate.

I think that is a little unfair, as you chose to aggravate an already emotionally disappointing situation by saying 'which in itself does not sound like it was Rovers fault', regardless of whether that's what you meant.

You may claim it was clumsy on your part, but you had prefaced it by saying you are a lawyer.

No element of this season-ending debacle was 'not Rovers' fault'. 

I rest my case 😉

• Like 4