BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v The Dingles (a) - 13/11/2022

35 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Yes.

I have just had another look at the table as we go in to the World Cup break. Of the top 5 teams we are the only one that are not in receipt of parachute payments from the Premier League, three of the other four receiving £55m and one I think £33m compared with our £8m - £9m from TV rights. The manager has done a brilliant job putting us where we are - and the idea that he might be chased out of the club because of one disappointing day or not giving some absurd "apology" horrifies me.

Handy to exclude the other play off place for not fitting the narrative. 

Also it's 9 games having gone behind not one disappointing day. 

And  chased out is a tad overdramatic too. Most people on here are just expressing concerns about losing a derby but more importantly the same stupid mistakes being repeated. 

Mind you that doesn't fit the narrative 

36 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

(Yet another) shocking decision from Tomasson. Let’s save him for England and youth competitions. Makes sense.

He was a promising Academy player 5 months ago, now he's being asked to save our team against a squad assembled for £30m+.

Sounds reasonable. 

• Like 1

I don't really have the words or the energy for how I feel tonight.

Anything I do say will be echoing what's already been said (wrong team / wrong tactics / lack of passion).

In my lifetime (in my 30's), Burnley were always lower-league nobodies whilst we dominated English football and they barely registered to me. On the rare occasion we did meet them, we either outclassed them (5-0 win at Ewood) or out battled them (under Souey, at their ground).

To now be the poor relation is something I really struggle to comprehend.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, booth said:

They don't care Tyrone, it was clear to see on the pitch that not one of the players or staff gave a f*** today.

Ok, last reply on this thread / match then I'm going to go outside - it's only a game of football after all, it's not that important.

Garrett, Mola and Travis all put in crunching tackles in this match. Unfortunately the referee was only blowing for fouls one way - so no matter how much you 'give a fuck', it doesn't make a blind bit of difference if you're blown up for everything and their CF can push your GK into the back of the net / hit your CM late and no-where near the ball without a booking. 

This was also the game where Gallagher was desperate to play on despite a very deep gash to his leg. 

I don't question the commitment of these players, I question the ability - I always have. 

• Like 1

I can't believe there isn't even a proper apology, JDT doesn't even look bothered in his post match interview. Not only that but basically shrugs his shoulders and says "we play like this every other game and will continue to". 

That he's no longer saying we will be more consistent after the WC is a major red flag. 

• Like 2

JDT has done tremendously so far, but he got it totally wrong today. It’s easy to over react, but it happens. Even the best managers get it wrong sometimes. It hurts to lose any match and even more so a derby, but when the dust settles we can reflect on an excellent league position with a promising young squad of homegrown talent and we can look forward to what’s to come. Chins up all! 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He was a promising Academy player 5 months ago, now he's being asked to save our team against a squad assembled for £30m+.

Sounds reasonable. 

I don't think that people are expecting Wharton to single-handedly win the game. Just that he/they, would have been more effective than what was picked. Anyway, bring on the Nobbers. We could be top by new year. 

1 minute ago, RTM08 said:

I can't believe there isn't even a proper apology, JDT doesn't even look bothered in his post match interview. Not only that but basically shrugs his shoulders and says "we play like this every other game and will continue to". 

That he's no longer saying we will be more consistent after the WC is a major red flag. 

I don't recall Alex Ferguson giving any apologies, proper or otherwise. On one occasion , after a bad day, he blamed the colour of his team's shirts !

28 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Do any of them live in the area? Does Waggott? Do they have any idea of the rivalry? Does Waggott  have any inkling of what Rovers v Burnley means? A good CEO would be impressing onnewcomer like Tomasson the importance of today's match. Kompany certainly does - and as do the Burnley directors and the players to judge from the passion they showed. Our lot played like it was a training exercise

Some of the playing it out from the back looked like it was a training exercise. Robotic, but without the accuracy that autonomy usually brings.

14 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Maybe a sniper had got him ?

Wishful thinking but I suspect he just couldn't care less. Thinking about what his missus was making for tea most probably.

Edited by booth

38 minutes ago, The1mattjansen said:

A very sensible post in a sea of alarmism and borderline shameful cringeworthy hammering of JDT.

We're 3rd in the league with a very average group of players and probably the youngest squad.

He got it wrong today but that's always easy to identify in hindsight and we really didn't look that threatened until Gally went off injured.

Burnley have a far more talented group of players than we do at present. The bookies had us 4/1 against and they're not often wildly wrong.

A bit of perspective eh.

They do not they  are made up of journey men pros. Loanees and buts from Belgium. Our defeat was based on our total ineptitude not their ability. Let’s make sure that is understood. They are not great it’s we are ours poor. Our manager today was shite and it’s not the first time. He said he plans meticulously then kick it long and get in their face. They can’t cope with it

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

He needs to realise he’s skating on thin ice, more so after today. At any other club there would have been a meeting asap - this afternoon  back at Ewood or tomorrow morning at the latest - with the board, manager & coaches , captain , and a couple of senior players. It would be made plain that performances like that aren’t acceptable at Blackburn Rovers and if there are repeats in the future there will be consequences.

Of course at the current Rovers none of that will happen and it will be all pals together, ear flicks, and piss taking at training tomorrow. If they don’t get a day off that is.

5 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

I don't recall Alex Ferguson giving any apologies, proper or otherwise. On one occasion , after a bad day, he blamed the colour of his team's shirts !

When JDT has won as much as Fergie won he can please himself what he does but for now he needs to hold his hand and at least be honest about what he got wrong.

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He needs to realise he’s skating on thin ice, more so after today. At any other club there would have been a meeting asap - this afternoon  back at Ewood or tomorrow morning at the latest - with the board, manager & coaches , captain , and a couple of senior players. It would be made plain that performances like that aren’t acceptable at Blackburn Rovers and if there are repeats in the future there will be consequences.

Of course at the current Rovers none of that will happen and it will be all pals together, ear flicks, and piss taking at training tomorrow. If they don’t get a day off that is.

The vast majority of players and staff will be on holiday from tomorrow and not training for the best part of a fortnight.

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

The vast majority of players and staff will be on holiday from tomorrow and not training for the best part of a fortnight.

Joke of a club. I’d take em’ to Blackpool and have them running up and down the Tower. On the outside !

So what happened to JDT’s master plan of getting them used to “ his methods “ during the World Cup ?

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Sounds reasonable. 

Nah, he should have at least been on the bench. He's a one of a kind player and would have been useful to change things around. Midfield was none existent today.

Not having his older brother starting was the biggest mistake, especially replacing him with a 21 year old who has had one appearance in the cup, in London, midweek.

As with January which preceded a spectacular death spiral, the biggest mistakes were made in the transfer window. If we have a decent striker to start or come on for Gallagher, they can't play as openly and we have more chance of scoring.

18 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Ok, last reply on this thread / match then I'm going to go outside - it's only a game of football after all, it's not that important.

Garrett, Mola and Travis all put in crunching tackles in this match. Unfortunately the referee was only blowing for fouls one way - so no matter how much you 'give a fuck', it doesn't make a blind bit of difference if you're blown up for everything and their CF can push your GK into the back of the net / hit your CM late and no-where near the ball without a booking. 

This was also the game where Gallagher was desperate to play on despite a very deep gash to his leg. 

I don't question the commitment of these players, I question the ability - I always have. 

Sorry, alot of them looked like they couldn't be bothered. It's not unusual - I've seen it many times this season. Then you get games like West Ham, where they were clearly pulling their tripe out, so it shows they can do it when they want to. To win get promotion, you have to be 100% focused every match, not every other game or when you feel like it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Sorry, alot of them looked like they couldn't be bothered. It's not unusual - I've seen it many times this season. Then you get games like West Ham, where they were clearly pulling their tripe out, so it shows they can do it when they want to. To win get promotion, you have to be 100% focused every match, not every other game or when you feel like it.

Maybe they just don’t believe in the managers way of playing ? I’ve worked for gaffers who told me how they wanted a job doing that was complete bollocks. So you do it their way without much enthusiasm and it usually end up a cock up. Been there, done it.

Really disappointing day, feel bad for everyone who went. We created a few decent breaks first half and start of the second, but didn't get any shots away at all. Once Gallagher went off we stopped looking at all competitive, it could have been 5 or 6.

While I can accept being beaten, the manner of the capitulation in the last 30 minutes is totally unacceptable. We desperately need a quality physical centre forward who can share the burden with Gallagher.

Also I was very surprised we didnt move Diaz central after Gally went off and we toiled away with Vale up front. It was so clearly not going to work but we did it any way which I find absolutely baffling.

7 minutes ago, arbitro said:

And when they do come back it's a week in Marbella warm weather training.

OK lads weve got a few months coming up during the winter playing in freezing weather on bumpy hard pitches so were going to prepare for that by getting a tan in Spain 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

But at least he’d change his fucking game plan from time to time.

I could go back and find plenty of posts all season about how playing out at the back is dangerous if you are not good enough. When it’s not working we need a plan B. Surely actually being able to change the way the team is playing when you are playing very poorly is a simple ask for any competent manager.

And yet games such as Wigan, Luton, Coventry and again today are all the same. We fuck about and don’t go anywhere. In that first half today how many times did Kaminsky roll the ball out in his area to a defender and we ended up losing it within 35 years from our goal. 5? 6? It’s happened all season. It was first commented on at Celtic in July!  Our brighter (and I say that loosely) moments in the first half where when we got SG and BB on the ball around the box. And those instances tended to come by going front to back quicker (as did our 1 shot on target). And yet the second half we played the same way, and when we went a goal behind we still did the exact same shit which ultimately led to the 2nd goal and killed the game. Stubborn.

Now I’ve no problem with tippy tippy plan A if that’s how he wants to play. It’s reaped it’s rewards and our league position shows that. However it’s also why we have lost so many games so spectacularly badly. As soon as any team presses up on us and puts us under serious pressure we can’t pass it out and struggle. Even in games we’ve won at home such as Birmingham, Sunderland and Huddersfield, once that team has realised they need to push on to salvage the game, they’ve suddenly had us on the back foot. The evidence is there even in the games we have won.

And yet he refuses to change it - ever. After the first goal we should have been going a bit more direct. How hard can it be for Kaminsky to kick it up field and for the midfield to push up and try to win the second ball. It’s not like it could be any less effective than what we saw all game. 

I’ve no issue with losing to Burnley. I expected it and they have better players than we do. But we had 1 fucking shot (on or off target) all game and that sums up out performance completely. And for all the “ooh. Burnley are a Ferrari “ posts, how is it Crawley and Shrewsbury can muster more shots, let alone every other Championship side?

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 6