BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Preston North End (h) - 10/12/2022

25 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

As usual Sky have trotted out the "JDT wants to add value to players" line.

This shouldn't be the number one aim, we should be looking to win football matches and the players value will go up as a result. 

Fucking irritating.

Kean - 'book value'

Bowyer - 'book value'

Mowbray - 'squad value'

JDT - 'value into players'

It's a load of old bollocks trotted out to justify the fucking around on the pitch, we rarely sell a player when they hit value. They either walk for nothing when they feel like it or stamp their feet for a move then get sold.

How many of these managers have ever said me and the owners want to build a team for promotion ?

0-3 to Burnley followed by 1-4 to Preston at home is the kind of narrative a manager gets sacked over. I don’t think he’s worth sacking this soon, we’re not in danger of relegation by any stretch and “I’d rather have a lucky general than a good one,” as they say, but losing the fans so concertedly will only end one way.

Trust me I know he’s not alone. But for the love of God strip Travis of the captaincy and drop the bloke.

He’s turning into one dreadful midfielder who looks like he’s at least one league above his ability. He cannot even do the very basics of a professional footballer.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, DE. said:

Remember when we were going to use the WC break to drill the players in how to play JDT's style? If this is it we're in for a fucking miserable few months. 

I think that's the issue - the more his style beds in, the worse we are. 

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

Words almost fail me.

Utterly and utterly embarrassing.

This is even worse than Mowbray's Rovers at their worse.

Hammered by Burnley and now PNE at home - FFS, can we get a manager who knows what he's doing.

Need to get owners and CEO ect that know what they are doing first 

Travis shouldn’t be in the team just now, if he has hooked buckley then travis deserves the same treatment. As others have said, second to every ball and just don’t look interested. I have mates saying that I’m being unambitious when talking about us due to our league position but Iv said all season there is no way we go up , it’s really quite a poor team 

• Like 2

Really easy to take us out today. Eliminate Hedges, Brittain and Brereton and we have no width or attacking nous. Central midfield is nonexistent so we need our wide players to perform and not be static.

And this is my main problem with this and Mowbrays team: too static! What happened to "pass and move"!?!