BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Preston North End (h) - 10/12/2022

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

https://www.pnefc.net/news/2022/november/blackburn-rovers-tickets-to-go-on-sale-monday/

700 tickets for the upper Darwen End are now on sale to Nobbers but there are 600 unsold in the lower tier.

I'm not sure how that works.

Waggot desperate to entice more away fans so hoping opening up the top will do the trick.

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

Waggot desperate to entice more away fans so hoping opening up the top will do the trick.

But if they only sell a small amount for the top tier whilst there are empty seats in the bottom this would surely lose money when you factor in stewards, turnstile operators and catering staff.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

30 sovs each just before Christmas.   They guy is a turd

PNE have sold 3,600 with just 2 days to go. Waggott now expects to sell a further 1,400 pre kick off at £30 a pop to fill the lower and make opening the upper worthwhile. In dodgy weather, with the match live on the telly, just before Christmas etc etc ..... no chance, the man is a fool.

He has no idea about sales and marketing. None at all.

But he tried ......

• Like 3

The fact he gave them a full allocation of 7,000+ straight off (e.g not an initial allocation) says he fully expected them to get close to selling it… at £30, on Sky, at midday, just before Christmas, in a cost of living crisis.

The man just doesn’t have the faintest clue about what drives ticket sales in this area (and if he’s shocked by PNE, wait for the Blackpool and Wigan Cat A turnout).

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

PNE have sold 3,600 with just 2 days to go. Waggott now expects to sell a further 1,400 pre kick off at £30 a pop to fill the lower and make opening the upper worthwhile. In dodgy weather, with the match live on the telly, just before Christmas etc etc ..... no chance, the man is a fool.

He has no idea about sales and marketing. None at all.

But he tried ......

I don’t understand his thinking. 

Marketing, or simple mathematics: If Rovers sell 15,000 tickets at £20/each, isn’t that better than 10,000 at £30/each? A pie, pint, & programme by some of those extra fans… I know I feel more generous with a cheaper ticket. 

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

The fact he gave them a full allocation of 7,000+ straight off (e.g not an initial allocation) says he fully expected them to get close to selling it… at £30, on Sky, at midday, just before Christmas, in a cost of living crisis.

The man just doesn’t have the faintest clue about what drives ticket sales in this area (and if he’s shocked by PNE, wait for the Blackpool and Wigan Cat A turnout).

the **** thinks because blackburn is near manchester he can charge high prices,it does`nt work like that and he`s to arrogant to try and find out about his target market,kind of bloke if he shook your hand you`de be counting your fingers afterwards

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RoversTilliDie said:

The BBC Blackburn area forcasts snow, but i'm dreaming of Rovers in the top 2 Christmas.

A loss wouldn't be a complete disaster, we would still be 2pts clear of 7th place, but its a win we need after the dismal performance at Burnley. Its good to see Hirst on the score sheet against Hearts, might get him in the mood for the Championship.

48 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

A loss wouldn't be a complete disaster, we would still be 2pts clear of 7th place, but its a win we need after the dismal performance at Burnley. Its good to see Hirst on the score sheet against Hearts, might get him in the mood for the Championship.

you might as well pick someone off the riverside,at least they`de  run about and get stuck in,might be knackered after 15 minutes but they`de have put more yards in than he does,it`s the same with vale,if you want to crack the first team then actually put some effort in on the pitch,both of them stand about waiting for the ball and then get pushed off the it  by a gust of wind,show everyone you really want it ffs

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RoversTilliDie said:

Exactly, a win is needed.

Looking at our next three league games, they don’t get a whole lot easier, and we need to win these at Ewood, especially vs teams lower on the table. 

I should really be excited for the return of the championship, being brutally honest though I still don't think I'm completely over that shitshow at the turf.

Nothing more than a Preston pasting is acceptable here to get me back on side.

There's gonna be some random results this weekend that's for sure, hopefully our excellent home form can help us to a win. That's if Ewood can handle the cold snowy weather.....

• Like 6

5 hours ago, only2garners said:

It will obviously depend on where you live now or were brought up. I live in Penwortham and have never lived nearer Blackburn than Walton-le-Dale. So obviously I come across North End fans all the time and very few Burnley fans.

To be honest I have never felt the intense rivalry with Burnley fans because of that but largely don't bring that up on here as it clearly matters a lot to many.

Yeah I get that. I was kind of expecting someone to respond with the points that you made tbh. I do find it interesting that there is a small section of Rovers fans that get more invested in the Preston matches. I have been to Penwortham once myself and did notice the density of PNE fans around. Preston did happen to be playing against Liverpool on tv that day so it’s to be expected but yeah I get how that position would allow you to be more invested in the Preston derby.

9 hours ago, arbitro said:

But if they only sell a small amount for the top tier whilst there are empty seats in the bottom this would surely lose money when you factor in stewards, turnstile operators and catering staff.

That's his logic though unless the Police have said make provision incase there is a lot turn up on the day.

Prestons annual cup final after all, they bring more to this than they used to get at home in the plastic pitch era !

6 hours ago, RoversTilliDie said:

Hirst needs to get to grips with the U21's first.

10 hours ago, Ossydave said:

I should really be excited for the return of the championship, being brutally honest though I still don't think I'm completely over that shitshow at the turf.

Nothing more than a Preston pasting is acceptable here to get me back on side.

There's gonna be some random results this weekend that's for sure, hopefully our excellent home form can help us to a win. That's if Ewood can handle the cold snowy weather.....

Your first paragraph sums up my feelings to. Nothing less that a win tomorrow will even start to change my disappointment at our surrender at the Turf.

• Like 3