BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Preston North End (h) - 10/12/2022

it`s been a while but im` still seething over the dingle game,not the defeat especially,the manor of it,sheff utd showed the week before how to play burnley,get in their faces,run them down and load up on set pieces,we did exactly the opposite including playing a 17 year old who is`nt reading for first team football and a left back who has`nt played for 8 months,as it stands jdt can **** off and and join qpr for all im`e concerned,he`s got a lot of work to do to get back in my favour

• Like 1

Roughly 13k home fans and 4.5k away is on the cards for this then and we can thank SKY as usual for their contribution to messing these games up for hardcore fans.  Still the big day out for Knobbers but not so much interest for home fans outside of the usual attenders.

£20 a ticket would still have seen a 20k crowd though even given the stupid kick off time and tv.

That's how you re-engage and attract new regulars, the way it's done though just puts off all but the most keen fans but that penny never ever drops.

Easier to fleece than to gather.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

Roughly 13k home fans and 4.5k away is on the cards for this then and we can thank SKY as usual for their contribution to messing these games up for hardcore fans.  Still the big day out for Knobbers but not so much interest for home fans outside of the usual attenders.

£20 a ticket would still have seen a 20k crowd though even given the stupid kick off time and tv.

That's how you re-engage and attract new regulars, the way it's done though just puts off all but the most keen fans but that penny never ever drops.

Easier to fleece than to gather.

Is it easier and cheaper to handle 17k i wonder…? Looks good on the spreadsheet with a healthy profit per fan.

The long term wellbeing of the club and fanbase is apparently not a consideration despite the usual BS at fan meetings 😢

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Roverthechimp said:

Is it easier and cheaper to handle 17k i wonder…? Looks good on the spreadsheet with a healthy profit per fan.

The long term wellbeing of the club and fanbase is apparently not a consideration despite the usual BS at fan meetings 😢

Hit the 4 mill or as near as damn it target then protect your own wages that's all that matters doesn't matter how it comes about.

• Like 1

On 15/11/2022 at 18:25, Upside Down said:

Well after England's inevitable early exit from the World Cup and that totally disgraceful display at t' turd, the only way is up!

I'm going to be optimistic about this one. Our winter break will have done us the world of good and JDT has the team running like a well oiled machine. 

3-0 to the Rovers. 

Ye of little faith, England in the quarter finals and Rovers beating Ajax and Hearts. Lets hope Rovers continue it against Preston on Saturday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoversTilliDie said:

Snow forecast for East Lancs Thursday and Friday, whats the chance of posponed. I remember freezing my balls off last season waiting 2 hours for the Rovers v Millwall game to get under way, only to be cancelled at the last minute. Looking forward to the Preston game, hopefully it will be on.

Yes, the forecast I've seen shows a lot of snow from 6 pm Friday for the following 14 or so hours.

A bit this evening too.

1 hour ago, only2garners said:

I don't know what weather forecasts you guys are looking at but the Met Office has no snow forecast at all. It's certainly going to be very cold, barely getting above freezing so there will be ice about and maybe some fog but no snow.

The BBC Blackburn area forcasts snow, but i'm dreaming of Rovers in the top 2 Christmas.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Yes, the forecast I've seen shows a lot of snow from 6 pm Friday for the following 14 or so hours.

A bit this evening too.

Good thing we've just been off to a warm weather training camp, that should prepare them just nicely....

• Like 2

I feel like I'm not speaking for the whole of the Rovers fanbase when I say that, to me, Preston are just another run-of-the-mill championship team and it isn't even a derby. Being from Accrington I've barely met any Preston fans in my life time. Burnley fans however... (it has been tough living in Accrington over the last few weeks). Obviously I still want a win and a good performance like any game Blackburn play but a loss won't hurt more than a loss against Reading or Middlesbrough for example. Any one agree with that or am I the only one?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Cuppliance said:

I feel like I'm not speaking for the whole of the Rovers fanbase when I say that, to me, Preston are just another run-of-the-mill championship team and it isn't even a derby. Being from Accrington I've barely met any Preston fans in my life time. Burnley fans however... (it has been tough living in Accrington over the last few weeks). Obviously I still want a win and a good performance like any game Blackburn play but a loss won't hurt more than a loss against Reading or Middlesbrough for example. Any one agree with that or am I the only one?

It will obviously depend on where you live now or were brought up. I live in Penwortham and have never lived nearer Blackburn than Walton-le-Dale. So obviously I come across North End fans all the time and very few Burnley fans.

To be honest I have never felt the intense rivalry with Burnley fans because of that but largely don't bring that up on here as it clearly matters a lot to many.

• Like 1