BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Preston North End (h) - 10/12/2022

14 hours ago, Cuppliance said:

Yeah I get that. I was kind of expecting someone to respond with the points that you made tbh. I do find it interesting that there is a small section of Rovers fans that get more invested in the Preston matches. I have been to Penwortham once myself and did notice the density of PNE fans around. Preston did happen to be playing against Liverpool on tv that day so it’s to be expected but yeah I get how that position would allow you to be more invested in the Preston derby.

Whilst I have plenty of interest in games against PNE I don't have any great animosity towards them. Or towards any other team to be honest. Life is too short to invest too much anger into football.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Losing two on the bounce to local rivals is not acceptable,again,nothing but a win will suffice.

Our lot have been enjoying the Sun for two weeks 🙄...

Rovers 2  PNE 0

Lets not repeat last season, flying high then free fall Christmas onwards. The long suffering supporters deserve better.

my team would be

Kaminski

Brittain Hyam S.Wharton Mola

Morton Travis

Hedges    Szmodics  Brereton-Diaz

Gallagher

Subs:- Pears, Ayala, Hirst, Dolan, Dack, Buckley, Wharton

20 hours ago, only2garners said:

It's presumably not too serious. Only a few days ago both Pickering and Vale were thought to be possibly fit for Saturday.

I thought JDT said he has been ill over the few days but over that, but not ready to play football?

4 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

I'm looking forward to getting back to Ewood.

The World Cup has been great, but nothing beats watching the boys in blue and white.

Its feels months since Rovers will be playing. Looking forward to getting back to normal football. 

3 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

JDT said we would look alot better after the world cup break so let's see if he's correct 

Not another no show please 

iv`e not got a problem with our home form,away from home is another matter,lots of weak capitulations against sides we should be beating(coventry,wigan,reading and cardiff) prime examples

13 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Assuming they’ve flogged c4,000, so c14,500 Rovers fans at £30-£35 for a Sky game in this weather… can’t see it unfortunately.

Yep, £30+ for an early ko sky game, on an expensive world cup drinking day was always gonna limit the attendance, at both ends. 

16,500 is more like it, and could be lower. 

There will be 1000+ late arrivals, so will take a while for the atmosphere to crank up, 1st Diaz goal will ignite the sleepy fans, and 2nd half will be fun. 

Lotsa rushing around in morn, so will be arriving at Ewood around 11.58...

COYB!

On 08/12/2022 at 20:16, Ossydave said:

I should really be excited for the return of the championship, being brutally honest though I still don't think I'm completely over that shitshow at the turf.

Nothing more than a Preston pasting is acceptable here to get me back on side....

Yep, the exact thoughts of many of us.

The Burnley performance hit me harder, and longer, than I expected. Still not ready for tomorrow, another week would have helped, but by the time we beat Forest, all will be back on track  🥳

For any moaning minnies out there seeking to blame Rovers if there is a postponement let’s deal with fact not idle speculation.

I was at Ewood for a work meeting yesterday and the pitch looked magnificent; the groundsman TW was even cutting the grass.  He told me the undersoil heating has been on all week along with the pitch ‘daylight heat lamps’.

If it is off blame the snow / referee / local authority / Police not the Rovers.

• Like 2

All the club can do is put the under soil heating on and sort out other elements they can control, I.e entrances and walkways within the Ewood estate. If they have been doing, great, as there have been times when they haven’t, including Millwall last season.

The rest of it is out of their control and as you say if the ref or other ‘stakeholders’ say no game then fair enough.

12 minutes ago, Bad Boy said:

For any moaning minnies out there seeking to blame Rovers if there is a postponement let’s deal with fact not idle speculation.

I was at Ewood for a work meeting yesterday and the pitch looked magnificent; the groundsman TW was even cutting the grass.  He told me the undersoil heating has been on all week along with the pitch ‘daylight heat lamps’.

If it is off blame the snow / referee / local authority / Police not the Rovers.

No one is moaning, yet,just weather updates and comments.

Don't invent bullshit.

• Moderation Lead
25 minutes ago, Bad Boy said:

Probably not very helpful to call posters on a forum moaning minnies, particularly when barely anything has been posted about a potential postponement. Not exactly conducive to Messageboard harmony!

• Like 2