BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Norwich City (a) - 17/12/22

1 minute ago, BankEnd Rover said:

A great result and reaction to a very very bad few weeks! We still need to be better on the ball but such a good feeling getting 3 points.

The upmost respect for JDT on dropping Travis. We all know mr Mowbray wouldn’t have done the same. Has he lost his place? I think so

I hope so.

• Like 1

Enjoy the long journey home lads and lasses. Get a few cans for the coach!

You’ve done the club proud making that journey a week before Christmas in the cold after two derby thumpings!

Positives  

- 3 points and clean sheet

- Showing some real fight and grit, especially Dolan on multiple occasions. Makes a world of difference 

- Fluidity in midfield, showing we are a team without Travis slowing it down / giving it away in the middle

- Dack oozing class, especially the 15 minutes in the 2nd half

- Buckley having a strong game

- JRC pretty solid, he’s not superb but he can do a job in the squad 

Negatives 

- Injuries: Ayala and Gallagher and hopefully nobody else. Not ideal at all, especially as Ayala was one of the best players on the pitch. 

- Diaz looking more like Brereton

- Only a sub so won’t judge too harshly but I’m not sure Szmodics is the one. Has to be seen as a squad player now rather than starting 11

Next up I’d be starting same team but Wharton for Morton (assuming Ayala is okay)

Have a good Christmas everyone and see you all on Boxing Day!

• Like 6

High pressing, hard chasing, moving into space to open up play, hard tackling when it was needed, a bit of nous when under pressure, team work, some great individual performances, graft and a shit load of luck.

That, my friends, is a recipe for happy Rovers fans.

Wow didn't see that result coming after the last few performances, especially with that starting 11. Jekyll and Hyde team this one. 

The fact we're still picking up wins rather than draws has kept us in the promotion hunt. We're not as good as the top two but as long as we don't go on a Mowbray spiral and maybe do some business in January the playoffs are definitely possible. 

Edited by benhben
  • Like 1

JDT and some of the team have been rightly hammered recently, but credit where it's due, that's a terrific result. First win there since an Ostenstad-inspired win in 1999. 

Unlike under Mowbray, when we go ahead now we don't look like conceding really. Credit to JDT for that. He's obviously instilled some resilience in the team. Incredible how we still always win when going ahead, and lose when going behind. 

JDT now needs to try and improve us as an attacking unit when we have to take the game to the opposition. We're not very good at it. 

Pleased to hear Buckley played so well and back in form and in favour. He's always had the ability. 

Great win. Up the Rovers!! 

• Like 6

• Backroom

When our defenders DEFEND, their hard work seems to set the tone for our attacks, from which we get to see some fantastic football at times.

No need to overcomplicate it by getting defenders to tikitaka.

• Like 5

Very impressive performance today and we got a response after last week very disappointing performance. 

Solid at the back and defending as a team. We played narrower and no risks/playing out from the back and played it longer. All the back 4 were very good tonight. Hyam won everything tonight. Captain performance there. maybe Travis need to learn from that now. Buckley and Morton press the ball, tackle and played some simple and tidy passes. a couple of unnecessary risks by Morton but still good overall. Look a threat going forward tonight. Rovers pressed higher and closing down quickly then previous game. Also made some tactical fouls and shown they can do the ugly side of the game.

Hyam and Buckley outstanding. JRC and Pickering played good aswell. Gallagher is very important to this team cos what he brings to this team. Dolan and Dack played well and pressed the ball at the right times tonight

Also special praise to every Rovers fan who went to Carrow Road tonight. Surprised by Norwich fans reaction to Dean Smith and them being 5th in the league

JDT's Blue and White Army! 

• Like 9

I never felt more like singing the blues, the Rovers win, the North End lose....

A very happy Rovers fan. Its a funny old game indeed.

Well done to the management and players, clean sheet and two goals, in a game most of us expected to lose.

Massive respect to the travelling fans. I'm very happy for them and wish them a safe journey home.

COYB. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Crozzy said:

As much as we’ve criticised some of the recruitment. Must say Dom Hyam was a brilliant piece of recruitment. None of us saw it coming but how good has he slotted in? 
Really like him with the armband too. 
Was at Blackpool game away for his debut and he looked like he’d worn a Rovers shirt for years. Brilliant 

Hyam has been very good signing and he is real leader for the defence. 

• Like 2

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Which is why judgements on managers should be made on their overall records, not one or two games.

While I understand your point (and completely agree), I think it hasn't helped our general feeling of despondency that those two pathetic results prior to today book-ended 3 weeks of no club football.

Therefore it felt like a whole month without a win.

• Like 5