BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Norwich City (a) - 17/12/22

13 hours ago, Gav said:

Safe journey to the Rovers fans making the trip today. Every single one of you are a credit to the club and the town for making this trip in these conditions.

I hope you bring the points back with you.

Absolutely made up for the fans that travelled. 

It’s a funny old game….

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Brilliant result. The starting 11 line up was a huge gamble but it paid off. We ditched the passing out from the back tactic and went more direct, it really suited us. Norwich were terrible though.

Much needed win. 

One of the reasons they were terrible was passing from the back 🤣

We chased everything. They were unsettled with that. Maybe we learned something from Burnley and Preston.   

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Apparently did a hissy fit when not in the Burnley squad.....sent his agent in and everything 

He deserved to be dropped - he was poor at West Ham and rightly substituted.

Just back at my son’s in London tucking into a really nice Chilean Pinot Noir.

• Like 3

Thought we defended and broke on the counter really well, though we seemed under the cosh for most of the game  It felt like both a good well earned win yet also a bit fortunate which is an odd mix.

Anyway after a run of difficult fixtures we're back looking at a lot of winnable games ober the next couple of months and we are third. Great position to be in.... 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, bigbrandjohn said:

One of the reasons they were terrible was passing from the back 🤣

We chased everything. They were unsettled with that. Maybe we learned something from Burnley and Preston.   

Perhaps they need a week in Marbella between games!

Well, well…

I feared the worst after 2 pathetic performances, the match being on TV and all the expected promotion prospects winning.

A lot of players needed to take their chance and they did!

Luck was with us, but chasing everything we got ourselves right into Norwich.

Pleased for JRC, looked like he was off but grabbed his chance and Dack getting there.

Very pleased 👏🏻

• Like 2

Much more like the Rovers of a few months ago that got us into a good position in the first place.  Credit all round tonight and Tomasson made all the right calls.  Bit fortunate with the deflections but you make your own luck through graft and having a go and that's what we did.

Hope we continue with this and i know it'll change at times but hopefully we aren't with another revert to type gaffer who keeps going back to his preferred method just to try and make it stick.

Norwich well i don't know whats happened to them but they look shite but for once a Rovers team capitalised on that rather than rolling over and giving them an unexpected boost.

Keep the faith.

(Shudda wudda kudda kept Mowbray gang back under your beds tonight)

• Like 1

• Backroom

Worth noting we were still passing it around the back at times, and it led to a couple of scary situations where we lost the ball in a dangerous area. Norwich were just not good enough to make us pay for those lapses. I think the only reason it appeared like we were doing it less was because we only had 40% possession in this match. I wouldn't be so sure that we've seen the back of it.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, tomphil said:

(Shudda wudda kudda kept Mowbray gang back under your beds tonight)

Stop making things up.

Only one person on this site talking in such terms and that’s you tomphil.

Great win, Gallagher instrumental, just enjoy it. 

Edited by Gav

• Backroom

Under-fire Norwich boss Dean Smith said sections of the Carrow Road crowd had been "waiting" for his side to struggle after their home defeat by Championship promotion rivals Blackburn.

The Canaries slid to their fourth home loss in seven games after Ben Gibson's own goal and a Tyrhys Dolan strike secured the points for Blackburn.

Disgruntled fans called for Smith's dismissal during the game and the Norwich head coach told BBC Radio Norfolk: "I think a lot of them have been waiting for this period to happen, or wanting it to - I don't know.

"A narrative's been set about it not being good football, despite us having the second or third highest shots in the league."

Not a good sign when the manager starts having a go at the fans. Tends to end badly. I don't think the Norwich fans helped their team at all today (they were booing them really early on) but comments like that are only going to deepen the divide between the supporters and the manager/team.

Edited by DE.
  • Like 4