BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sunderland (a) - 26/12/22

Today's performance wasn't good enough and you have to be beating the newly promoted sides, if you have any ambitions of a top-6 finish.

However, the table doesn't lie and if you're 3rd in the league, with over half of the season gone, it's absolutely not 'fluke', or because everyone else is shit.

It's because we've found a way to win enough games to put us third.

Which, in a new manager's first season, having had to replace some key members of the first team and introduce a new style of play, is extremely impressive.

We (as fans) tend to swing from one extreme to the other; I've seen both 'we're going up' and also, more bizarrely 'we'll be in a relegation fight' in recent weeks and the truth is neither. Like it or not, we're in a transition season and need to manage our expectations accordingly. 

• Like 3

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

We are a tough watch , I’m not seeing a marked improvement from mowbray. We are getting sneaky wins that aren’t entirely merited, defeats are merited, not creating enough, relying on luck, a piece of magic and resolute defending to win matches. I just don’t see where we are going with this 

That very low  "expected goals" thing speaks to my own frustration...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Andy said:

We (as fans) tend to swing from one extreme to the other; I've seen both 'we're going up' and also, more bizarrely 'we'll be in a relegation fight' in recent weeks and the truth is neither. Like it or not, we're in a transition season and need to manage our expectations accordingly. 

*Fans on social media.

15 minutes ago, Andy said:

It's 3 transition seasons. Until he gets 3 summer transfer windows we can't even begin to compete🤷‍♂️

You simply cannot be in a transition or rebuilding season if the teams main fulcrum is considered to be a Liverpool loanee or your future striker hope a Leicester no hoper donkey.

That is building nothing of value.

It never ceases to amaze me how we swallow this nonsense as the "truth" like being fed a daily diet of lies about our "young and inexperienced" team and accepting that with little rebuttal.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 8

12 hours ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

I might say that some of the players need to take responsibility too.  BBD, Gallagher, Buckley and Morton were all very poor.

No they don't.

JDT signs players, coaches them, sets the tactics and style of play and picks the team.

Responsibility is HIS ALONE.

Seen enough of this scented bullshitter to know HE IS NOT the man to take us forward.

We are feckin fortunate to have scraped a good many of our wins - good luck rather than good management 

Let's cut our losses and move on 

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 5

West Brom winning 6 of their last 7

Boro winning 5 of their last 7

Half a season and a 6/7 point handicap, both those sides are finishing above us. 

We’re closer to 16th than 2nd (1 place above us)

Theres no such thing as a transition in the Championship. It’s a league built on loanes. The playing field is about as level as it ever has been. Sunderland came up this season and are only 5 points behind us with a better GD. 

Edited by superniko
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Thank God for that. Only another 11 points and we should be safe.

And JDT used his latest interview to prepare the fan base for a downturn in league position and results and at the same time quite cleverly pass the responsibility on to "young and inexperienced" and to even suggest that we, the fans, don't actually expect more or even a real go at the playoffs 

The playbook of a conniving Canute.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 3

I'm not keen on all this 3 transfer window talk. For a start, it isn't Tomasson's remit to buy success, even if there was any money to spend, supposedly he's here to maximise the academy and improve the players we have. 

Obviously, there will be transfers in, but to say any future success hinges on it contradicts the picture painted by himself and Broughton. 

We're in a great league position, the management should not be writing off this season already, they should be gearing up for a big push, not laying out the excuses. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, M_B said:

I'm not keen on all this 3 transfer window talk. For a start, it isn't Tomasson's remit to buy success, even if there was any money to spend, supposedly he's here to maximise the academy and improve the players we have. 

Obviously, there will be transfers in, but to say any future success hinges on it contradicts the picture painted by himself and Broughton. 

We're in a great league position, the management should not be writing off this season already, they should be gearing up for a big push, not laying out the excuses. 

3 transfer window talk may be a more technical term for a “journey.” Just with Danish pastries not drizzle cake. 

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Mowbray can go and fuck himself. The way he celebrated their second goal against us, I don't think I ever saw him celebrate like that when he was our manager.

I was going to say the same thing until I saw your post, I certainly never saw him celebrate any rovers wins like that and the uppercut gesture he made was almost like saying take that you bastards,

Edited by jw_
illogical
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Mowbray can go and fuck himself. The way he celebrated their second goal against us, I don't think I ever saw him celebrate like that when he was our manager.

Never liked him as Rovers' manager.

IMO, conned many Rovers' fans with all that humble man, man of integrity nonsense.

Think for Mowbray it was all me, me, me and then more me, me, me.

IMO, a distasteful hypocrite.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, bigbrandjohn said:

3 transfer window talk may be a more technical term for a “journey.” Just with Danish pastries not drizzle cake. 

Somewhere over the past couple of days, maybe it was FB, I read a post which said it was 27 windows that were needed.

I think what the poster meant in choosing such a high figure was that there can be no defined number of windows or indeed managers during this never ending journey aboard Venky bus no. 2010, destination unknown but not PL.

Inevitable outcome after lots of sh!te passing , shocking decision making, stupid fouls / bookings and a distinct lack of cohesion in general. Against a bang average side.. Positives were JRC, and we have 5 of bottom 6 to play next. Although that means nothing with Rovers.

Buckley was poor - but has not really played all season apart from last few. Adam Wharton has been doing ok and yes only young but not even on bench? There is every chance he then starts next game. There are just too many players coming in and out of the cold.

No cohesion, no consistency, no fluidity because players spend half the game getting used to where they are all playing etc

I just don’t think JDT or coaching staff understand this league really. You cannot keep messing about with tactics and team every game. No team has ever gone up doing it.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

You simply cannot be in a transition or rebuilding season if the teams main fulcrum is considered to be a Liverpool loanee or your future striker hope a Leicester no hoper donkey.

That is building nothing of value.

This is the root cause of our failure...Venkys wont back us with serious hard cash for promotion in the january transfer market.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

This is the root cause of our failure...Venkys wont back us with serious hard cash for promotion in the january transfer market.

But would you trust JDT and Broughton to spend it wisely?   Their track record so far suggests not.  Even if we brought in Messi and Mbappe, I feel pretty sure JDT would find a way to screw it up.