BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Middlesbrough (h) - 29/12/22

3 minutes ago, Blackpool_Rover said:

When you’re down to ten and needing a goal you’re gonna be putting long balls in the box. You want him there and you have those two brought on in midfield to break it up and win the ball.

In theory, yes. That didn't work, or happen, though. Gallagher isn't that player.

Just now, davulsukur said:

We now have the same amount of losses as Blackpool (12), who are 23rd and only Hudds 13 losses (22nd) and Wigan 13 losses (24th) have more than us. 

It was never sustainable and it's now catching us up. 

We are an awful football team.

You have to look at who's in charge.

10 minutes ago, Blackpool_Rover said:

‘JDT out’ ‘Gally off Dack stay on’

I can’t take you seriously. Down to 10 for 40 mins you wanna take the big guy off? Makes no sense. No manager would have done that.

Just ridiculous that anyone can want JDT out. You’re boring.

Big guy? He plays like he's 4"2

• Like 1

Well that was beyond frustrating. 

A great first half which rapidly went downhill. Morton again was far too weak for the goal and showed little desire to make amends.

Hugely down to the officials. Ironically not long before, Szmodics was talking about how a lot of referees are sound and enjoy a bit of banter, but some want to shift the attention to themselves and they're the bad ones. We got one of them tonight! Not defending Buckley for one minute, but no way on this planet was that a red card offence. 

As an aside, Szmodics also said the Spain break was like a lads holiday, make of that what you will after watching the Preston game that followed!

• Like 1

Seen a replay of sending off "incident" - if that isn't over turned there is something desperately wrong. It was thrown by a smiling Buckley with no force - it was stupid, but when you think one of there players should have been sent off for two yellows in the 1st half, it is an unbelievable decision by the referee.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, J*B said:

Adam was gutted that he wasn’t in the first eleven against Burnley. He was pissed off he wasn’t in the squad. He was upset when he was told he wasn’t allowed to sit on the bench with the squad. He was furious when he was told he wasn’t allowed to travel with the squad. He called his management when he was told he couldn’t even get a ticket to the game.

His personality is going to take some serious management but the player is worth it. If we don’t do it, someone else will. 

Difficult not to side with him if all of the above is true.

• Like 4

Just now, joey_big_nose said:

Presided over a complete shitshow at Boro whereas JDT has us third atm, with only Watford who could leap over us. I don't think we will be making that change just yet...

Not for a few years at least... 

We'd need to be 3rd from bottom before even considering it. 

Kaminski was very poor for the first goal. Watching it back now and it goes through him.

Both goals down out left, Pickering not up to it even if he can be ok he's not good enough.

So many errors in this team. Self imploding all over the park. Midfield are like ghosts, barely recognise they are on the pitch. 

Very disappointing and deflating...again.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, J*B said:

Adam was gutted that he wasn’t in the first eleven against Burnley. He was pissed off he wasn’t in the squad. He was upset when he was told he wasn’t allowed to sit on the bench with the squad. He was furious when he was told he wasn’t allowed to travel with the squad. He called his management when he was told he couldn’t even get a ticket to the game.

His personality is going to take some serious management but the player is worth it. If we don’t do it, someone else will. 

Cheers for the update on that, much appreciated 

2 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Could be a season chnager that. We played well & even with conceding every felt we would of gone and won.

Pressure is building and Sunday is a MUST win.

Anyone blaming the manager for this loss should re-think. If we had 11 players on the pitch we’d of beat them.

I agree, I thought we played well in the 1st half - could have been at least 2 up. Manager got his tactics spot on.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DE. said:

Sorry but if that's the barometer for playing well the expectation must be 15th or so. We weren't as bad as previous performances but that's not saying much. First half we were okay, but by and large it was the same as always, lots of passing, a couple of opportunities and then the usual implosion and an inability to turn things around when it started going against us. Watching us it's not difficult to see why we have the worst xG in the division.

Of course JDT shouldn't be sacked, but let's be honest, this lot play terribly under him and despite our current league position (soon to be a distant memory) have done for 80% of the season. Yes this is a project and he needs time, but he should still be able to make better use of the squad he has available now. He should have more strings to his bow than this style of play we're seeing the players repeatedly fail at attempting. I need to see more from him in terms of ingenuinity and creative thought. I gave Mowbray stick for the same flaws, so it'd be hypocritcal of me to stay silent and not criticise JDT for what I see as the same basic issue in a different, no more entertaining form.

Nah, we play terrible under him and he continues to try the same thing over and over again despite it never ever working.

He refuses to learn. 

Get rid.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Could be a season chnager that. We played well & even with conceding every felt we would of gone and won.

Pressure is building and Sunday is a MUST win.

Anyone blaming the manager for this loss should re-think. If we had 11 players on the pitch we’d of beat them.

That’s pretty much how I saw it as well, and I’ve been teetering towards the JDT out camp.

Just now, DE. said:

Sorry but if that's the barometer for playing well the expectation must be 15th or so. We weren't as bad as previous performances but that's not saying much. First half we were okay, but by and large it was the same as always, lots of passing, a couple of opportunities and then the usual implosion and an inability to turn things around when it started going against us. Watching us it's not difficult to see why we have the worst xG in the division.

Of course JDT shouldn't be sacked, but let's be honest, this lot play terribly under him and despite our current league position (soon to be a distant memory) have done for 80% of the season. Yes this is a project and he needs time, but he should still be able to make better use of the squad he has available now. He should have more strings to his bow than this style of play we're seeing the players repeatedly fail at attempting. I need to see more from him in terms of ingenuinity and creative thought. I gave Mowbray stick for the same flaws, so it'd be hypocritcal of me to stay silent and not criticise JDT for what I see as the same basic issue in a different, no more entertaining form.

We've got some utterly shit players mixed with some decent players and a few exceptional ones on their day.

We've no decent fullbacks, no centre forward that we can rely on, and the midfield consists of two misfits and a few kids.

While JDT isn't blameless I don't know if this squad can do better if I'm being brutally honest.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, joey_big_nose said:

Presided over a complete shitshow at Boro whereas JDT has us third atm, with only Watford who could leap over us. I don't think we will be making that change just yet...

Jesus please stop with the third nonsense, we're a relegation level team who fluked a few wins, and now it's catching up to us. We'll be in the bottom half within 3 to 4 league games and it's unlikely we'll get back out.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

That’s pretty much how I saw it as well, and I’ve been teetering towards the JDT out camp.

It just had that feel, even after they scored. They looked dangerous ‘kind of’ but didn’t threat. We looked really good on the counter so it’s just a moment of daftness which has piled the pressure on the manager.

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 1