BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Birmingham FA Cup 4th Round replay - 31/1/23

22 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

The effect is most noticeable with Scott W. He has become a liability. The passing game doesn't suit him, the Burnley debacle, having to cover for the errors of Morton, Buckley, Travis etc etc ...... it must get to him.

He should try cutting out his own errors first, before covering those of others.

He was bullied all game today.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Best just ignored

I'd agree, but if you throw enough mud, it does tend to stick. Rovers are a family club and racism has never been - or never will be - present at our club.

What a weird thing for this talentless nobody to come out with.

From where I was sat (in the JW), I had presumed that somebody had thrown something onto the pitch.

As for the match, first half was dreadful but second better. You know at 2-1 when you're missing chances to kill the game off, they'll always get a late chance or two.

Really impressed again by JRC; he's surprisingly very decent on the ball as well as playing with the tenacity that I really like from any player. Nice touch to see the BB End singing his name a couple of times.

Morton does need dropping, though I don't buy these 'obliged to play every game' rumours at all.

And I really want Gallagher to do well for us - he works hard and he's a good lad. But he's just a bit crap and not good enough for a side wanting to finish at the top end of the table.

As for whoever mentioned 'lost the dressing room' - not even close. The players aren't good enough to do what JDT wants from them, but it's just plainly incorrect to suggest they aren't playing for him.

Edited by Andy
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

The style of play he's coaching and players he is picking were responsible for us giving it away and going a goal behind again and another dire first half.

Yes better in the second because they had a go which is the minimum requirement being a goal behind to and bang average side at home.

The lack of direction from the sidelines is worse than when Mowbray was here it's no wonder they switched off again, after subs upset the balance.  And just as when Mowbray was here the manager shares and shoulders the overall outcome in the eyes of fans.

I'm still in the "it's a problem with the players" camp, with the caveat that I do find Tomasson frustrating at times.

We have some terrible players, the squad is thin and not just that, but unbalanced. I can't attribute that to Tomasson.

I don't agree it's worse than with Mowbray but it's no better.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Andy said:

I'd agree, but if you throw enough mud, it does tend to stick. Rovers are a family club and racism has never been - or never will be - present at our club.

What a weird thing for this talentless nobody to come out with.

From where I was sat (in the JW), I had presumed that somebody had thrown something onto the pitch.

As for the match, first half was dreadful but second better. You know at 2-1 when you're missing chances to kill the game off, they'll always get a late chance or two.

Really impressed again by JRC; he's surprisingly very decent on the ball as well as playing with the tenacity that I really like from any player. Nice touch to see the BB End singing his name a couple of times.

Morton does need dropping, though I don't these 'obliged to play every game' rumours at all.

And I really want Gallagher to do well for us - he works hard and he's a good lad. But he's just a bit crap and not good enough for a side wanting to finish at the top end of the table.

I thought that as the keeper was carrying a bottle of water. Gallagher does work hard, I said earlier he's not very good but also not lucky, not a good mix.

1 minute ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I thought that as the keeper was carrying a bottle of water. Gallagher does work hard, I said earlier he's not very good but also not lucky, not a good mix.

I can't even agree Gallagher works hard. Doesn't impose himself physically, can't in general be bothered getting himself into positions from which he would be likely to score.

Does make an eye catching lung busting attempt to get a ball he has no chance of winning occasionally to create the illusion he's actually doing something.

Stealing a living.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I can't even agree Gallagher works hard. Doesn't impose himself physically, can't in general be bothered getting himself into positions from which he would be likely to score.

Does make an eye catching lung busting attempt to get a ball he has no chance of winning occasionally to create the illusion he's actually doing something.

Stealing a living.

I can't dispute any of that. The lung bursters late on got to me ....

I actually thought we played well today. We moved the ball well (especially when we moved it quickly) and created more than enough chances to win the game comfortably. 

I thought the balls over the top to gally and Diaz really helped stretch the pitch and allowed us to play a bit more, which stopped us getting stuck playing it around the back all the time. Buckley is the one who can pick those passes though. We are organised and i see the basis of a good side, we just really really lack a striker and we are a good one away from being a good team (and a cm too but i think next season that is wharton). We should've been out of site at 2 - 1 up but we didn't kill them off.

Brereton Diaz is playing like just Brereton.

Gally is terrible. His touch and decision making is so poor. He wasted so many opening today.

Glad we are seeing dack back at a good level.

Morton has some ability but I certainly wouldn't be giving him this much playing time. At fault for a goal again today. 

Wharton has become a bit unreliable, makes a mistake every game post his injury. I like Carter and thought he was the better of the two today. JRC very good as other side.

Buckley shows promise being the link out of defence but made a couple of mistakes, I'd like to see him with someone of a bit more presence next to him but we'd have to go buy one first! 

We aren't a million miles away but I don't think we have the money or nous to get the 3 players we need to kick us onto the next level. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

We had a passage of play today where we dominated and should have put the game to bed. Not seen that at all this season really so that’s a big positive…

Agreed. We played well in places, some really good one-touch stuff, hopefully a glimpse into how JDT wants to play when he gets in the players he wants. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Just seen the highlights and they reaffirm my belief that Kaminski should have saved both their goals. 

Hate to say it, but it's time for Pears to start a match - Kaminksi has become a liability. 

Yeah, he's chucking them in his own net at the moment.

Our strikers are misfiring, and our keeper is flapping. Not a good mix. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Sadly that isn't true. All clubs have their vermin. 

image.png.ad6f1a0e1fbe9eb00c97f5415896a8b2.png

image.png.d853268b576ae7524b6a18df16b8a135.png

If true, hopefully they identify and prosecute the individual. 

Jeez, this is unfortunately why some people stay away from watching the football. Ignorant, uneducated fans still exist. Expect it from the bastards but this is embarrassing. 

I thought that it wasn't a bad performance. There have certainly been a lot worse. Rovers should have won it. 2 mistakes cost 2 goals. Unfortunate but at least there was no capitulation after conceding so early. 

Having Dack scoring is a lifeline. If you ask me injuries robbed hm of a chance to play in the Premier League. I hope that he signs a contract extension. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Hasta said:

My Prediction.

We will close the Riverside and, because it’s £10 anywhere, end up with more people than normal going in the JW upper.

However only 2 of the bar/food outlets will be open because they ‘aren’t expecting a huge crowd.’

And whilst we are all pissed off and complaining, exactly the above happened.

JW upper extremely busy with seats taken all the way to the back. Far bigger proportion of parents with kids than normal.

As predicted, one of the bars closed. I went down at 3.37 and got served just after the half time whistle went. Already no pies or hot dogs by that point. Queue was about 50% bigger after I got served than when I joined. As I was going back up as the second half kicked off the queues were still about 10 deep.

I’m sure the day trippers on cheap tickets loved that experience.  

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

• Backroom
1 hour ago, DarthPaul said:

Look who's raised his head... 

Screenshot_20230128_174539_com.twitter.android_edit_160893163249927.jpg

My word, the bitterness is strong. I had no idea we had such a fan.

He only tweets a handful of times a month but was fully at it on derby day supporting Burnley:

🤣🤣🤣

Someone needs to introduce him to that old phrase: Resentment is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die.

What an unhealthy place to be. 

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, arbitro said:

The game today summed up our season under Tomasson today. Mediocre for long periods, and good for other phases of the game. My real source of frustration is the slow, pedantic football where players want too much time and too many touches. This was typified by Buckley and Morton who I thought were shocking in the first half. They were sloppy, slow, ponderous and careless along with many others. Gifting opponents goals has become a worrying trait of recent times which is a real worry. Kaminski needs dropping - there I've said it. He looks devoid of confidence and is responsible for too many errors. Brereton was AWOL today, predictable in light of his summer move. Once again we have painted ourselves into a corner with nowhere to go. Gallagher, Wharton, Pickering and Hedges were poor in general today. Ironically our best two players since the World Cup have been Dack and JRC, two players clearly not rated by Tomasson and picked out of necessity. We had a decent spell in the second half in my opinion because we upped the tempo as Dolan at least showed some urgency. I sensed an equaliser coming for Brum and when it came I really thought they would win it. They bring Hogan on and we bring Vale on.

A serious question though. How many players have we seen improve under Tomasson and his staff? It probably easier to say who has regressed. 

Pretty much how I saw it, although I thought Pickering played some good balls forward in the first half. JRC was immense, Dack was good also. Buckley and Morton gave the ball away endlessly first half, 2nd half they improved. BBD might as well be in Spain and Gally just doesn't get in positions to score. Hedges is a nice tidy footballer but not much comes from it. 

I thought the defence was ok generally, SW wasn't as bad as some are making out, he and Carter kept Jutz quiet for the most part. 

Kaminski has been a liability for weeks. He deffo needs dropping. You can see why JDT wanted a new keeper. 

Today made me think that JDT is on the right path, but that he needs his own players to play the way he wants. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

I just woke up and see we've conceded yet another goal from passing the ball around in our own defence. 

Why is it so difficult for these pricks to understand that this tactic doesn't fucking work.

the epitome of stupidity and madness is attempting the same thing over and over again in the faint hope it works,how many times have we given the ball away in dangerous areas this season,it leads to conceding goals

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

We had a passage of play today where we dominated and should have put the game to bed. Not seen that at all this season really so that’s a big positive…

I agree. There were positives today. I'm not as down on us as others seem to be.

Plenty of negatives too though.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, superniko said:

It’s just all so depressing isn’t it. 

- The pitch, just sums the club up at the moment, a complete shit heap and we’ve had no game on it for 25 odd days. 

- The January window, we have 1 loanee in from a club in this division who doesn’t want him anymore for a position which we probably have the most depth and strength (at least for the remainder of this season with Diaz, Hedges, Markanday and Dolan)

- The on-pitch product. 7 points from last 8 league games and 10 from last 10. A loan from Liverpool who is treated as the 2nd coming from management, either contractually or mis-managed. Either way it held back youth development (Wharton when fit earlier in the season in particular)

- Regression under the regime, nobody can tell me these players haven’t got worse this season (even from a low bar starting point): Gallagher, Travis, Kaminski, Wharton, Diaz

- The asset management. Diaz joining the list of Nyambe, Lenihan and Rothwell in leaving for free making it £20m+ of assets getting no return….oh except this time we have to keep playing and paying him for the season!

- On top of all that add in the commercial / community aspect of the club these days….most expensive tickets we’ve had, low attendances, stadium run down, losing fans in the catchment area, no presence in local towns or schools etc (from within the club anyway)

I am still waiting for that moment of positivity that I can talk about for ‘balanced discussion’

and who in the club is going to raise these problems with anyone else? At most other clubs the owners would be demanding answers.

• Like 1