BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Wigan Athletic (h) - 6/2/23

5 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

On the subject of gambling, Nyambe is 50/1 first scorer.

It's the most Rovers thing ever for a player that never scores to score tonight! I'm having a fiver on it.

I put a pound on this every game for over 2 years. Got a feeling today is the day!

1 minute ago, rovers11 said:

A woefully out of form team who desperately need a result. Who do you wanna play in those circumstances?

If Wigan get in our faces and press high on goal kicks then they will get chances as we make a lot of mistakes in possession.  

JDT speaking about a patient approach tonight pretty much guarantees the result… 🤬

• Like 1

JDT: “So far I think we’ve had a good season, in the last 16 of the FA Cup, in the other cup we were in the last 16, something Rovers haven’t been for many years.

“We’ve been in a good position in the league all year.

“Is it too high? If you look at our squad and the rest of the money involved in this great league, yes it’s too high.

“Is that our target to up there? No, but we can dream about it.

“We are not favourites, I’ve said that from day one, we’re under construction, and where we’re trying to build over time.

“That’s the situation here.”

He doesn't help himself does he? All he has to say is 'we'll get as many points as we can and see where that takes us'. Managing expectation is not that fucking difficult!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Thomas starts, Morton on the bench as are Gallagher and Hedges 

Can't really defend Morton lately in fairness but would have liked the other 2 to start. Pickering and Buckley always a worry. Hopefully Travis shows up after his sabbatical. Big game for alot of these players. Let's see if they actually have the metal to actually put a shift in with the pressure on...

• Backroom
5 minutes ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

Oh shite. Pears has form against the Pie Men of the Pier. Not great form, either 😞

Perhaps it is his time to put that right? 😉

Forgot that was against them.

Redemption for Pears, blistering debut from Thomas, and Diaz to have a stormer to prove his head's still in it.

Those things happen, we should be all right. 🤞