BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

FAC Q/F v Sheffield United (a) - 19/3/23, 12pm K/O

1 minute ago, roverandout said:

I wasn't blaming the defeat on Gallagher.  Someone asked a question about him. I answered it.  Jdt is to blame 

Use the "even a stopped clock is right twice a day" to those defending the lump of lard known as Gallagher. Wet bags of cement are safe with him.

• Like 2

If we were going to lose due to a cock up I'd rather it was cos Morton had tracked back and two footed Doyle rather than just giving up like that. As my father in law said 'you'll be pissed off if he's not bleeding after all that carry on' 

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Moptop1 said:

How long has Andy Grey been dating the Sheffield United team. He certainly was all over them like a love struck teenager! My god, he was embarrassing. Twat! Lol

What’s Andy Gray to do with it?

Edited by Ianrally

I can’t decide if loses are easier to take when we’ve played shit. I wasn’t optimistic this morning, but I was very proud of the performance. We should have won. If Hedges or Gallagher take their chances at 2-1 we’d have won. 

Changing to a back 5 seemed a mistake as we invited pressure, on another day of may have kept them out. 

I feel emotional drained and a little pissed off that every time we play those Thick Yorkshire Bastards they get away with murder. Garret should have come on for Morton earlier to give them a few kicks, Morton along with Gallagher were the weak links again. Replace those two and we’ve a decent team. 

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its a fair point and one you could have done 

Another game to blame Gallagher again. Its tiresome to keep reading week in week out. Same old tripe again

Don't mention the good through ball Gallagher did for Szmodics goal. Of his backheel for Hedges goal on Wednesday

true. I would keep the same formation but maybe Dolan for Gallagher or bring on Dolan for Hedges. 

I would the back 4 in place. Maybe Brittain for JRC if he was tired but not moved to back 5

They had 3 central strikers on, I don’t see what else he could have done. The only problem was both subs we brought on have had nil game time recently.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

If we were going to lose due to a cock up I'd rather it was cos Morton had tracked back and two footed Doyle rather than just giving up like that. As my father in law said 'you'll be pissed off if he's not bleeding after all that carry on' 

Yep. He’s bound to back him in public, but he needs to be giving him a rollicking behind closed doors. As I said earlier, he’s pussied out of so much this season and it’s cost us hugely today.

I bloody hope he gives Wharton a run in the middle. Morton is not good enough.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, yankfan said:

The law itself hasn’t changed but how it’s interpreted has. 

https://www.football.london/international-football/handball-rule-world-cup-2022-25428941

The interpretation has changed (your link) but the law already included a definition of handball (my earlier link) which didn’t include it having to be deliberate 

I’ll be making no further comment on this as I’m sure I’m boring everyone!

Edited by wilsdenrover
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I thought that as well. What a great game for any football fan. Miles better than yesterdays procession and City’s shooting in practice.

I know our friends down the road have run away with the league this season, but everyone else is capable of beating each other.

Its great seeing Rovers complete at the top end again and today was a day to enjoy, despite the result. 

• Like 1

I get the defensive switch, and it has worked before, however this situation was different. We were on top, both players coming on have recently come back from injury, when Brittain came on against Leicester he struggled and there were other players that looked tired and could have been replaced instead. 

7 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

They had 3 central strikers on, I don’t see what else he could have done. The only problem was both subs we brought on have had nil game time recently.

They had 3 strikers on at Ewood a couple of weeks ago when we led by one goal and we changed Dolan for Diaz and Sorba for Hedges. We then played a lot of the rest of the game out in their half.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Yep. He’s bound to back him in public, but he needs to be giving him a rollicking behind closed doors. As I said earlier, he’s pussied out of so much this season and it’s cost us hugely today.

I bloody hope he gives Wharton a run in the middle. Morton is not good enough.

I’m really looking forward to seeing Wharton again. Hope he is heavily involved from here on in. 

• Like 4

Perfectly normal to be hurt, gutted and annoyed but honestly don't see the point in looking for people to blame.. even though its human nature..

As I've said over and over again.. JDT has got this group punching way above their weight.. yes on many occasions the true capability of this team comes through (see last year / years also).

Best season in years, yes loads of warts, but who hasn't..  with a few additions we will be a top 6 'quality' team.. 

Edited by Darwen Rover 007
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Yes jdt subs are to blame.  We had them in out pocket till those bizarre changes and formation change

Even with the changes the players should have dealt with it better though. Brittain clearly wasn't warmed up, again. Gallagher showed absolutely no desire towards the end. And the less said about Morton the better. Him and Gallagher are very similar in that they'll do a few things right, but many things wrong.

I think the wrong players went off and came on, but I can't blame the manager for a player's face being touched and dropping like he'd been dragon punched. Even if he had been fouled, just kick it out for a throw in to be sure.

Gallagher scored a bizarre own goal, then had some excellent opportunities and doesn't even trouble the keeper. Brereton should have scored another. They should have been 3-1 down, down to 10 but they had the luck of the cup with Hedges hitting the bar.

I'd say our problems are still very much off the pitch, leaving us with having to perservere with players who aren't the best.

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

No he isn't. Gallagher creates the impression of doing something. but at the end of the day he can't be arsed getting into the correct positions from which he is likely to score.

There were two moments in the game where the ball was crossed in and he either wasn't there or completely missed.

Looking at the replays it was because he was jogging into the box ball watching rather than running in to get onto the end of one.

• Like 1