BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v The Dingles (h) - 25/04/2023, k/o 8pm

Thought it was about as good a performance as you can have while ending up losing the match. We completely dominated for most of the match, everyone played well outside the box, but as per all season struggle to actually look like a goal threat. 

I'm looking forward to next season, think we have the best squad we have had in a long time, a very good manager, we play very attacking football, more good young players coming through. Just need to find the goal scorers.

So while devastated by the result, and Burnley lifting the Championship at Ewood, feeling quite optimistic in the longer run.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, DE. said:

I think JDT might be too. It's going to be hard for him to forget the clown show that was our January transfer window. How can he have any faith in Broughton or the recruitment team when they couldn't manage simple things like faxing the correct paperwork on time - for two signings no less - and didn't manage to secure a single striker despite knowing since the fucking summer that we were desperately lacking in that area. It's a total embarrassment.

Since the summer of 2019 we’ve needed a striker 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Torgeir said:

It's also where the difference in quality shines through. A good finished doesn't need 12 chances per goal.

I'm not sure when was the last time we scored from a set piece, does anyone know?

Or just took a good one.

Corners/freekicks are all dreadful 

• Like 1

Grim. So grim. Turned off instantly at full time so no idea what’s happening, the main reason I didn’t want to fly in for this was the fact they could win the league. What a sickener.

Played decent until they scored then horrendous afterwards. 
JDT got fucked with nothing up top. The front 3 are horrendous. Brereton pathetic - said it every match thread for a month but shouldn’t be played again all season. Hedges and Dolan - all work no skill, that’s what you get signing from Aberdeen or PNE youth on free transfers. 
Having said that, JDT also fucked us, playing Morton all season over Wharton when fit. He’d have been worth at least 3 extra points over prior 44 games - some of us called for him to start in all match threads.  

I think Kaminski saves that shot with his extra height. 

Refs in this league oh boy (was that the linesman side too? If so that’s a shocker)

Carter will get the pelters but I think he’s been great for us since coming in, superior to Hyam in the way JDT wants to play. I think the latter can regularly become a liability.

Someone please climb up the comms tower and lamp Michael Brown too the prick. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Miker said:

Don't know how we can go on and win our last 2 games now, but if we can then we deserve promotion. 

On what basis? We've lost more games than anyone around this part of the league and have an appalling goal difference. There are arguably few teams less deserving at this point.

• Like 5

Thought it was an excellent performance. If we play like that in the final two matches we will make it to the playoffs. If we play like that in the playoffs we will have a chance at promotion.

Not quite getting the rub of the green at the moment and missing that extra bit of quality in the final third and with the final ball, but more positives than negatives from that performance and it's a huge improvement over what we saw against Burnley the first time around.

• Like 3

3 blatant handballs in our last 3 games the 2 against us don't get given the one by us gets given. It's almost enough to make you want VAR in the Championship but then of course you realise that the same clowns who are out in the officiating now will be the same clowns operating VAR. 

The authorities in this country really need to do something about the standard of refereeing, it is the biggest crisis in the English game. 

• Like 3

JDT has already said we'll be fishing in the freebies market this summer. I have a sinking feeling we've just blown it and the gap between us and them is just going to get wider and wider. If teams like Everton and Leicester drop down you can forget going up next year.

• Like 3

We did actually play well in long sections of that - Wharton is a gem, Szmodics needs better players around him and the defence (even Carter) are solid enough for this division.

But players like Dolan, Hedges and Travis are just not good enough.

Massive window in the summer. Make or break.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, neophox said:

We have had a bit of really bad lick three games in a row...must be really tough mentally this.

Remember when Leicester got done to that missed penalty and Deeney goal in the playoffs. They won the league a year later then won the prem 2 years after that. 

We just need to get stronger, get some mentality into the team and fucking get stuck in more (as well as getting a full new front 3).