BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v The Dingles (h) - 25/04/2023, k/o 8pm

1 minute ago, SBlue said:

I’d probably be happier to piss the league next year and pass Jesse Marsch’s Burnley on the way up.

God, I’m in love with the idea of Jesse Marsch managing them. Ted Lasso’ing his way to the lowest points total in Premier League history. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, neophox said:

Sunderland play Watford and Preston to play

Rovers play Luton and Millwall

Coventry play Birmingham and Boro

West Brom play Sheff U, Norwich and Swansea

Millwall play Blackpool and Rovers

All tough games everything can still happen

Can see Sunderland getting in with Coventry. 

1 minute ago, neophox said:

What we do is that we can match every team ib this league. The problem is our strikers...Gally, Dolan and Hedges won't score 10-15 goals a season... We need some proper strikers who can actually score goals. 

Dolan and Hedges aren’t even strikers, that’s the biggest problem, Mowbray’s bizarre experiment of playing without centre forwards.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Yeah it's baffling and again shared blame, he has not been anywhere near good enough. As a collective we've fallen short. Then again, does 2 wins get us the playoffs? Actually think it might 👀

Only West Brom, Coventry, Sunderland can finish above us with 2 wins (as one win is vs Millwall).

If West Brom fail to win tomorrow it’s only Coventry and Sunderland who would both have to win both their games too.

We play Monday so should have a better idea before we play, but I think it would too much - I just don’t think we win our next two - not even sure we get another point now. I’m think 10th or 11th about where we deserve.

I thought 5 more points (70) would do it before today. So it’s not over yet 

Edited by superniko
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

As for Ashley Barnes, I'd have in our team tomorrow - exactly what we've been missing all season.

No, we need a player in his style (someone who can hold the ball up).

We don't need that actual fat, balding prick under any circumstance.

• Like 7

Yes let’s throw out all of the good work and get a Gary Megson in. Smart.

A bit of a pointless comment considering Megson didn't get results either.

But if you're happy to continue watching us do sweet FA game after game, get consistently embarrassed by our bitterest rivals etc then be my guest.

Not a chance Venky's back JDT with anywhere near enough to make this football work at the level we need it to.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Andy said:

No, we need a player in his style (someone who can hold the ball up).

We don't need that actual fat, balding prick under any circumstance.

I don’t even think we need that.

We need someone who can finish.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SBlue said:

Yes let’s throw out all of the good work and get a Gary Megson in. Smart

Good work ?

2 points from a losing position all season , some of the worst football, I have witnessed in over 50 years of watching Rovers .

Tinkering with the defence in the last 10 minutes of matches ...

• Like 4

Got to take the positives, because the alternative is therapy.

If we can keep JDT, the squad we’ve got, add some forwards and a little experience in the middle… we can piss this league.

The improvement is enormous.

Stings like a bitch though.

The problem is Broughton the only forward he has been able to find so far is Hirst. He claims to have considered 25 strikers in January and yet didn't mange to get a single one in. 

Playing without a striker might look very good in tippy tappy youth team football where Broughton had spent his entire career but in senior football results are what matters and you don't win games without putting the ball in the net.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, superniko said:

Only West Brom, Coventry, Sunderland can finish above us with 2 wins (as one win is vs Millwall).

If West Brom fail to win tomorrow it’s only Coventry and Sunderland who would both have to win both their games too.

We play Monday so should have a better idea, but I think it would too - just don’t think we win our next too - not even sure we get another point now. I’m think 10th or 11th about where we deserve.

No point even considering what the other sides will do.

We are not going to suddenly develop a goalscorer and start winning games.

Moreover we are not going to do it for the next 2 games, bever mind 5 games.

Just let it go. Enjoy the summer.

• Like 4

Just now, RTM08 said:

A bit of a pointless comment considering Megson didn't get results either.

But if you're happy to continue watching us do sweet FA game after game, get consistently embarrassed by our bitterest rivals etc then be my guest.

Not a chance Venky's back JDT with anywhere near enough to make this football work at the level we need it to.

Time will tell.

”Get a Big Sam type who can get results”

Well give us a Samba, Nelsen, Salgado, Warnock, Prime Dunn, Pedersen, McCarthy etc first and then we’ll talk managers.

The squad isn’t good enough atm. We’re over achieving. A bit of quality and depth and we’ll be up there, agree we might not get it, but this is as close as we’ve been and we’ve done it with half a team.

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, roverinmontreal said:

Would you take 4 points from the last two games if offered now? Even that could well be enough. 

I’d take it if 3 of them come against Millwall as that could be enough and 4 would be above our average points we’d expect from those two games