BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v The Dingles (h) - 25/04/2023, k/o 8pm

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I cant have a strong feeling of pride when Burnley have just done the double over us, won the title at Ewood and are 30 points ahead. I take nothing from battling hard especially when we never ever looked like scoring.

Neither did they

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He wasn't given £12m to sign 2 fucking useless strikers. 

He hasn't had 5 years to build a team.

He didn't decide that playing without centre forwards was the way forward.

He didn't f*** up the January transfer window.

I don't think roverfan99 is one for context.

• Like 3

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

i don`t know how you judge a player after 5 minutes(leonard),at least give him 5/10 games before you start on him

I'm not starting on him. I hope he is the answer but from what I've seen he just seems another Vale 

30 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

I disagree. Much like our 5-0 win in 2002, this moment will be replayed for decades by them. Also bear in mind that in addition to winning the title, they have also more than likely ended any hope of the play-offs for us, and I believe that mark ten years without even a GOAL against them. The title itself was never important, but the location was vital.

They will get the riches of the premier league again whilst we will continue to sit in relative squalor and the gap will widen. It will take a complete miracle of a season for us to close that gap now.

Yes the promotion is the significant event and not winning the championship. I’m sure they will replay it for decades and we would do the same if the boot was on the other foot, but in reality them winning the league was a formality and it’s not as important as it sounds….if they won the premier league at Ewood, now that would really sting! 

2 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

We were the better team, yes. 

That wasn’t my question - do you think that offensively and defensively we where better than Burnley tonight?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Proud of the effort but that's about it. We didn't really outplay them as they allowed us to play that way. They just picked us off which u can do when u have superior players. Too many passengers. Wharton was fantastic again.  Szmodics played ok. I thought Brittain improved us over Pickering.  I really don't think Leonard will be at the required level. Wharton looked quality from the moment he touched the ball against Blackpool last year.  Leonard looks another trier but I'm not sure he's got the required skill level.  Burnley are everything we're not behind the scenes. A well run club 

Leonard was on the pitch for 10 minutes - you're wasted on here if you can judge a player based off that. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, J*B said:

I think we had the two best performers in Wharton and Szmodics, but we weren’t the better team. They were better defensively and offensively than us. 

How many times did our press win the ball off them high up and we pretty much stopped them doing what they have been dominant at, playing out from the back. How many times did Muric kick it long? A lot more than he wanted to I'd wager. How much did they create, how many chances? Did Pears have any more saves to make than Muric? They resorted to kicking Adam Wharton because they couldn't handle him. Cullen aside and perhaps Benson when he came on not one of their players impressed me.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Apart from when they did.

A brilliant strike from outside the box against the run of play. If that goes into the stand you aren't saying they "looked like scoring". One of those things. We got done by the extra class that they have

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, arbitro said:

You are confusing better team with winning team. They scored and won but we were the better team.

If you couldn't see that you should give up.

And I'm sure they would trade in their title for our zero goals and our "better team" blue peter badge.

Only one thing is important, and losing well isn't it.

Edited by RTM08
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, arbitro said:

You have just assassinated the whole performance there, a performance in which we were the better team. 

Each to their own I guess.

Much in  the same way Benson was given the man of the match award by sky when clearly the best player on the pitch was Wharton.

• Like 2

Just now, arbitro said:

How many times did our press win the ball off them high up and we pretty much stopped them doing what they have been dominant at, playing out from the back. How many times did Muric kick it long? A lot more than he wanted to I'd wager. How much did they create, how many chances? Did Pears have any more saves to make than Muric? They resorted to kicking Adam Wharton because they couldn't handle him. Cullen aside and perhaps Benson when he came on not one of their players impressed me.

I thought they were better than us at the back and offered much more threat moving forward. Despite good midfield play, I didn’t once think we looked likely to score. Wharton was the best player on the park by far. 

Just now, J*B said:

That wasn’t my question - do you think that offensively and defensively we where better than Burnley tonight?

I've been clear all along. We created more chances, so, again, yes. 

You said we couldn't compete. We clearly did, we were the better team, we just don't have the resources they have.

Proud as punch tonight. We're on the right track. If you can't see it that's your problem. 

• Like 4

Just now, roverandout said:

Maybe I'm being too harsh. Let's see if he starts against luton

He's only 19, Vale is 22.

It's ludicrous that we're having to bring on a 19 year old against the team at the top of the table tbf.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, J*B said:

I thought they were better than us at the back and offered much more threat moving forward. Despite good midfield play, I didn’t once think we looked likely to score. Wharton was the best player on the park by far. 

I don’t think we were better defensively or offensively, but I don’t think we were worse. Apart from 20 seconds of calamity from Carter and Pickering, and a moment of brilliance, I never once felt like they looked like scoring.

I think we were even in those aspects, although for once I thought we clearly won and outfought Burnley in the middle of the pitch. That’s a huge kudos to Wharton.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, onlyoneDuff said:

Some could argue JDT should be sacked just for selecting Morton over Wharton all freaking season..

I think he's managed him wisely. 

He's only 18 - yes he's a superb talent, but he needs to be nurtured (and evidently his attitude has needed to be corrected). He'll be a better player for this - I just hope it's with us. 

• Like 2