BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Luton Town (h) - 1/5/23

2 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

I like Dolan's enthusiasm, but he lacks quality with his final ball. He's not a No9 or No10. Probably been most effective in BBD's position. 

Yep. I edited my post ending after I posted it as it read like I was bashing Dolan when it’s not really fair on him to ask him to play there regularly.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

Dolan wants to sit and watch Benson videos for a week. He's exactly the player he should aspire to be. I remember watching a raw Benson and he was exactly like Dolan is now, and wasteful. He was new to the league, he adapted. That's as much credit as I'll ever give to a dingle and I'm going for a lie down.

• Like 6

• Backroom
42 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

I like Dolan's enthusiasm, but he lacks quality with his final ball. He's not a No9 or No10. Probably been most effective in BBD's position. 

I remember when I went to watch us play Norwich at Carrow Road, Dolan was playing just behind Gallagher and was a real pest throughout, never gave the Norwich defence a moment's rest and scored a goal as well. As you say, the enthusiasm is there and I think Dolan does have the potential to be very effective in the right role. Central striker isn't it though.

• Like 7

Luton have injuries and I would expect them not to risk any players with fitness doubts either. The play-offs are in the bag for them and automatic promotion out of reach so they are playing for professional pride tomorrow.

Irrespective of no wins in eight, we have been playing well so we are not without hope.

We have a decent record against Luton at Ewood and Keely's tackle/assault on Lil Fucillo on a frozen pitch remains one of the most terrifying things I have seen in watching football. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, philipl said:

We have a decent record against Luton at Ewood and Keely's tackle/assault on Lil Fucillo on a frozen pitch remains one of the most terrifying things I have seen in watching football. 

Yeah, Jimmy Hill was most indignant about that as I recall.

• Like 2

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Yeah, Jimmy Hill was most indignant about that as I recall.

Is this the one where he nearly took the bloke's head off? My mum still talks about that one to this day, before my time though.

36 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

One of my mates assures me that Fucillo was able to play in Luton's next game?

I remember that game like it was yesterday..Noel's wild celebration!!

It looked really bad but it was just one of those things that can happen in football. Fucillo went over Keeley’s shoulder and came down head first on a bone hard pitch. He made a full recovery fortunately.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, philipl said:

Luton have injuries and I would expect them not to risk any players with fitness doubts either. The play-offs are in the bag for them and automatic promotion out of reach so they are playing for professional pride tomorrow.

Irrespective of no wins in eight, we have been playing well so we are not without hope.

he was`nt one to mess around was keeley,remember him in the battle of ewood against portsmouth when he clashed with the dirty **** mick tate,the evil **** paul wood and the nasty **** mick kennedy,he was sent of for a testicular high tackle which nearly deprived wood of his manhood😂,guarantee he`d be given his marching orders within 10 minutes in todays game,he`d have taken the plank ashley barnes out straight away😉

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

he was`nt one to mess around was keeley,remember him in the battle of ewood against portsmouth when he clashed with the dirty **** mick tate,the evil **** paul wood and the nasty **** mick kennedy,he was sent of for a testicular high tackle which nearly deprived wood of his manhood😂,guarantee he`d be given his marching orders within 10 minutes in todays game,he`d have taken the plank ashley barnes out straight away😉

Jim Brannigan was another not to be trifled with in that game.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

It's not me that needs belief, it's the players and it's up to them to show some passion, get the job done by hook or by crook, and prove me wrong

Whoever's name is above the door, whatever incompetence has occurred on & off the pitch in the last 12 years or 12 weeks, this club is OUR club and this is still the best chance we've had of returning to the Prem since we came down.

It's in our hands, however we might have struggled to get points on the board these last few games, we'd all have taken this in summer.

The players have shown passion IMO, they've shown desire; what they've lacked is killer instinct, experience & no small amount of luck. 

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

aye,he did some agricultural stuff,i,.e kicking one of the pompey players well up in the air,i recall colin randell rabbit punching one of the pompey players as well,jimmy hill was scathing at the end😂

Jim got some stick from the Riverside but it was a love / hate relationship, he could often be seen encouraging the Riverside to raise the decibel levels and get behind the lads.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hasta said:

If we aren’t going to play Leonard or Brereton up top , I’d rather play Szmodics there and put Dack in Szmodics’ position.  Dolan is completely ineffective there. Szmodics will make more intelligent runs in behind and Dack can either pick him out or arrive late in the box and offer a genuine threat. 

We won’t lose anything in ‘presence’ as Dolan has none there. ( he needs to be careful he’s not ruined by being played out of position)

why play Brereton-Diaz up top? 

I rather play Dolan up there and let him press the ball with Szmodics in behind. If not Dolan then play Leonard then

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DE. said:

I remember when I went to watch us play Norwich at Carrow Road, Dolan was playing just behind Gallagher and was a real pest throughout, never gave the Norwich defence a moment's rest and scored a goal as well. As you say, the enthusiasm is there and I think Dolan does have the potential to be very effective in the right role. Central striker isn't it though.

Dolans problem imo is that he doesnt have a proper forward to play off to make space for him. If we sign a good Championship striker who can occupy the centrebacks, draw them away, make them think about dropping off rather than pushing up, I expect Dolan and Hedges to really profit from it. Their movement is pretty good, theyve got a lot of energy, just need a bit more up top to work with.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

Dolans problem imo is that he doesnt have a proper forward to play off to make space for him. If we sign a good Championship striker who can occupy the centrebacks, draw them away, make them think about dropping off rather than pushing up, I expect Dolan and Hedges to really profit from it. Their movement is pretty good, theyve got a lot of energy, just need a bit more up top to work with.

Surely SS is the one to play off a focal point forward.  Maybe his mate from Posh, JCH....? Dolan we just really need to demote to the 23s for good.

5 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

Sky don't want pundits like Souness. Too controversial! Toe the line or you're out.

Roy Keane will be the next one out  don't know if anyone saw it but, Rio  & can't remember who the other guy was,  tore jernaine jenas a new one the other night. Great tv, but not the sky way! I know it was BT before anyone corrects me.

Yep you're right, I can't believe Keane has lasted this long to be honest! Only a matter of time before he tells a woman pundit to feck off and do the dishes and he'll be gone 🤣

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Surely SS is the one to play off a focal point forward.  Maybe his mate from Posh, JCH....? Dolan we just really need to demote to the 23s for good.

Even though he has scored and assisted at Championship level?

I also think he has shown signs of improvement- I think with the right players around him he will develop a lot next season.

10 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

why play Brereton-Diaz up top? 

I rather play Dolan up there and let him press the ball with Szmodics in behind. If not Dolan then play Leonard then

For the obvious reason that recently Dolan has been terrible up top, and Brereton has been terrible out left (which I know is where his best form was but not any more). 

I think you’d get more out of Dolan on the left than up top, whilst getting no less out of Brereton up top.

However given the choice I’d play Leonard as you say. But if he’s not going to play Leonard, and he’s not going to go with the  Szmodics / Dack option , my third choice would be BBD up top.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1