BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Luton Town (h) - 1/5/23

19 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

After a string of must win games, in which we failed to bother a succession of keepers, why would today be any different ?

It probably won’t be, but it’s still in our own hands (klaxon) and if we play like we know we can (klaxon) there could be a twist and turn (klaxon) by 19:30  😉

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Easter onwards we’ve had four home games - Norwich, Hull, Coventry and Dingles.

How many saves has the opposition keeper made in them?

The constant attempts to walk it in are driving me mad.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Hasta said:

For the obvious reason that recently Dolan has been terrible up top, and Brereton has been terrible out left (which I know is where his best form was but not any more). 

I think you’d get more out of Dolan on the left than up top, whilst getting no less out of Brereton up top.

However given the choice I’d play Leonard as you say. But if he’s not going to play Leonard, and he’s not going to go with the  Szmodics / Dack option , my third choice would be BBD up top.

I don't think Dolan was terrible in the last game and in fact I think he played well. He pressed the ball and his work rate given us what we want at times, winning the ball high. 

I see Dolan playing from the left next season as BBD replacement and bring in striker who will be first choice next season there in the summer  

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Just use your eyes mate...

I totally agree.

People say that Dolan is 'developing'.

Developing into what, exactly?

He can't shoot, can't head, can't cross, never beats his man, is easily brushed off, constantly gives the ball away....

His redeeming feature is that he runs around a lot.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

I totally agree.

People say that Dolan is 'developing'.

Developing into what, exactly?

He can't shoot, can't head, can't cross, never beats his man, is easily brushed off, constantly gives the ball away....

His redeeming feature is that he runs around a lot.

His goal and performance against Leicester and Sheffield united shown you what type of player he is. 

• Like 1

Chaddy, genuine question (as I’m not sure of the answer) in the games you’ve mentioned did Dolan play through the middle? I’m sure in both those games he would have been playing wide.

Im not against Dolan playing but don’t think he should be played through the middle as he doesn’t have the physical attributes to play there in my opinion.

So, starting today off on the positive note I intend it to continue, I've just booked my early bird season ticket for 23/24 then I don't forget in the excitement / anguish of post-match mentality.

£379 for 19 matches works out at £19.95. That's surely an omen right, 1995??

C'mon boys, don't make me feel instant regret!!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Atko's Engine said:

So, starting today off on the positive note I intend it to continue, I've just booked my early bird season ticket for 23/24 then I don't forget in the excitement / anguish of post-match mentality.

£379 for 19 matches works out at £19.95. That's surely an omen right, 1995??

C'mon boys, don't make me feel instant regret!!

Love those sort of quirks.  So often turn out right!

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't think Dolan was terrible in the last game and in fact I think he played well. He pressed the ball and his work rate given us what we want at times, winning the ball high. 

I see Dolan playing from the left next season as BBD replacement and bring in striker who will be first choice next season there in the summer  

We've scored 4 goals in 7 games Chaddy. Working hard clearly isn't enough with the players we have on the pitch.

Dolan is not a centre forward but I completely agree his future lies on the left. 

Edited by Hasta

6 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Unfortunately there’s a booking fee.

Stop peeing on today's parade, that doesn't fit the narrative, so is irrelevant.

Jeez, the negativity on here...!!

Blowing my own trumpet, I also donated a small amount to the Trust, but didn't count that either.

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

So 2057? Definitely reckon we’ll have made a playoffs in some division by then…

Its a journey Matty. It doesn't have a time-line or a destination.

We're on it till we join the thousands who have already got off.