BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Millwall (a) - Monday 8th May

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i genuinly think he`s enjoying working in england and the intensity of the game over here,managing in sweden must be a bit boring compared to britain,germany,spain or italy where the game means everything to the fans.you don`t get that in scandavia

He won't leave us for a club in Scandinavia. But Holland? Probably, and Leeds? More than likely.

12 minutes ago, booth said:

Well if we don't we'll be at the other end of the table as without BBD that's 14 goals less than we had this season.

To improve on this season we need to replace Brereton's goals and bring in a good striker.

I don't know why anyone expects us to get promoted if we don't have the basics in place. It's what separated us from the top 6 teams.

I actually think Brereton-Diaz unbalances the side.

With a good summer of recruiting (without spending much money on transfers) we won't miss him in the slightest - I just don't know if we're going to have that summer. There are much better players out there on frees and loans. We need 3 of them upfront to go alongside Szmodics. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

No, but logic suggests he will get offers.

Im not sure he will get a better offer than us in English football at the moment. I guess a big continental club could come along. Hard to guess.

He wasnt at Malmö very long and has done well but not set the world alight at Rovers to attract major offers. From a career planning perspective leaving again so soon would look a bit strange on his CV. 

As much as Venkys are total clowns we do have a lot of young talent. If hes backed with some investment staying makes a lot of sense.

Id be quite surprised if he goes.

• J*B unpinned this topic
2 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

He won't leave us for a club in Scandinavia. But Holland? Probably, and Leeds? More than likely.

Leeds in the Championship next season would be an attractive option for a manager looking for a quick promotion on his CV.

If I were JDT I would take a Leeds offer, no hesitation.

1 minute ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Leeds in the Championship next season would be an attractive option for a manager looking for a quick promotion on his CV.

If I were JDT I would take a Leeds offer, no hesitation.

leeds likely to go for a massive but useless name

are we starting a new rovers manager poll!!!!!!!!!

id`e take the ipswich manager kilkenny,i like the football they play

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

Do you watch football in a parallel universe? Ipswich’s manager is called Kieran McKenna

4 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

And only after trying for Bielsa again

Leeds are apparently looking for a Bielsa-type to appease their fans. They hired Marsch (sp) for that very reason.

JDT is seen as employing a similar style to Bielsa, and having a similar philosophy. Those similarities have been fairly obvious in the last few months as our passing game has improved. 

JDT's family also live in Holland so a move there might be on the cards if it isn't working out here due to personal reasons/missing family etc. 

I hope he doesn't leave but you can see why he'd be an attractive proposition to someone. Anyone with even a rudimentary understanding of the game can see we are just too much for the opposition when it all clicks together. With a forward line worthy of the name this season could have been a lot different. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Yes. I reckon if we were in for them other decent Championship teams would be as well as they are higher profile then who we previously go for. One is now a Scotland regular, and the other who was quite highly touted as a youngster has just had his best scoring season.  

Not for me. Nisbet hasn't played for Scotland for the last 18 months. Maja is playing in Ligue 2 currently. Both are the type of signing we should be making in terms of goal scoring, age profile and cost. 

40 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Who do you think we have signed in the last few years who have been higher profile than these two?

I'm not bothered about the past record. signing either one of those would improve our strikers options and wouldn't cost too much in terms of transfer fee for Nisbet or wages for both. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

3 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Leeds are apparently looking for a Bielsa-type to appease their fans. They hired Marsch (sp) for that very reason.

JDT is seen as employing a similar style to Bielsa, and having a similar philosophy. Those similarities have been fairly obvious in the last few months as our passing game has improved. 

JDT's family also live in Holland so a move there might be on the cards if it isn't working out here due to personal reasons/missing family etc. 

I hope he doesn't leave but you can see why he'd be an attractive proposition to someone. Anyone with even a rudimentary understanding of the game can see we are just too much for the opposition when it all clicks together. With a forward line worthy of the name this season could have been a lot different. 

Leeds have been linked with Celtic manager if they stay up 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

I'm not bothered about the past record. signing either one of those would improve our strikers options and wouldn't cost too much in terms of transfer fee for Nisbet or wages for both. 

And you don’t think anybody else will be interested in them? 
Im actually agreeing that they would be good signings. That’s why I don’t think we will get them.

BtW, you know all them people you said were just being negative regarding us finishing outside the top 6. They were all right. You just couldn’t tell the difference between negativity and realism.

• Like 1

Absolutely gutted to miss out by GD in the end but ultimately our results over the last 10 games have not been good enough.  I don’t bother with the “what if” moments these days as it drives me mentally mad! That being said I’m confident that a full preseason under JDT and positive recruitment in the summer we can be even more competitive next season.

Now I appreciate the recruitment element is somewhat contentious and the whole January saga is making even the most optimistic Rover like me nervous, but here’s hoping to lessons learnt and we get it right. The modern day fan is obsessed with amount of money spent, but we just need to be smart and effective with our signings. There are absolute gems out there for minimal transfer fees, we just need to hope our recruitment team can find them. And I know many people on here are dismissive of loans, but you only need to look at the likes of Burnley/Sheff U and Sunderland that have used that market to good affect.

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Signing Chris Brown would improve our current Striker option, it doesn't mean we should be doing it though. We need a proper striker that is on paper guaranteed 20 Championship goals a season or its as we were in mid table.

27 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I actually think Brereton-Diaz unbalances the side.

With a good summer of recruiting (without spending much money on transfers) we won't miss him in the slightest - I just don't know if we're going to have that summer. There are much better players out there on frees and loans. We need 3 of them upfront to go alongside Szmodics. 

Not the point, we need to replace the goals he's scored as no one else in the squad is anywhere near prolific.

3 minutes ago, Hasta said:

And you don’t think anybody else will be interested in them? 
Im actually agreeing that they would be good signings. That’s why I don’t think we will get them.

You seen the linked I posted in the Transfer thread about Nisbet being scouted by us, Millwall(who he turned down in January) and Bristol City. There is no reason why we can't compete with them thinking of the good season we had, JDT has manager and this is Blackburn Rovers 

3 minutes ago, Hasta said:

BtW, you know all them people you said were just being negative regarding us finishing outside the top 6. They were all right. You just couldn’t tell the difference between negativity and realism.

We got the win we needed sadly results didn't go our way but we got our best finish at this level since being relegation missing out on goal difference. Just let sink in.

We have something to build on and JDT has improved us massively.

More positives this season than negativity about this season. I always think positive and don't allow any negative thoughts to come into my thinking or my way of life. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

We got the win we needed sadly results didn't go our way but we got our best finish at this level since being relegation missing out on goal difference. Just let sink in.

We have something to build on and JDT has improved us massively.

More positives this season than negativity about this season. I always think positive and don't allow any negative thoughts to come into my thinking or my way of life. 

I wasn’t being negative. I just knew with the players we had available and the formation we kept playing that we wouldn’t get enough wins in the last few games to get us over the line. I said that after the Birmingham game. That’s not negative thoughts. That’s being able to asses the situation and come to a rational opinion on what I think will happen without being blinded by emotion or desire.

Now I didn’t foresee the bad luck we would have, but nor did I foresee the other teams slipping meaning a record low of 69 points would be enough. However the accusations of me being negative were unfounded because missing out on the top 6 is what actually happened.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, norwichblue said:

Take a break from being sad about the final Championship table, and spare a thought for the Millwall fans at the Den who watched their team squander a two goal lead and miss out on the play-offs.

My thoughts go to Rovers fans getting away from the ground with thousands of pissed off Millwall fans around

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Hoping we will get a bit of a cash windfall this summer if Raya finally leaves for good money (although I wouldn't be surprised at all if he just saw the final year of his contract out and we end up with nothing there also)

Remembering an interview he gave on Football Focus early in the season just ended in which, if memory serves, he gave more credit to Southport than Rovers for his career development, that wouldn't surprise me, either.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Im not sure he will get a better offer than us in English football at the moment. I guess a big continental club could come along. Hard to guess.

He wasnt at Malmö very long and has done well but not set the world alight at Rovers to attract major offers. From a career planning perspective leaving again so soon would look a bit strange on his CV. 

As much as Venkys are total clowns we do have a lot of young talent. If hes backed with some investment staying makes a lot of sense.

Why? The senior management at the club sabotaged the whole season in January. 

People will know that outside of our fanbase. 

51 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Agree with this.

Fully expect JDT to be here next season.

The focus is now on the recruitment teams, SLT and owners to show a bit of ambition and back the best manager we've had since...well, probably the first one they potted to kick off this entire shit-show we've endured over the last 10 years.

• Like 6