BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky’s, HMRC…The Plot Thickens ?

On 21/01/2024 at 21:40, Eddie said:

I think there is a possibility that Venkys are either forced to sell (by government order or by circumstance) or simply decide that their involvement in football is now causing far more trouble than it is worth. 

Given the way they operate on players I can easily imagine if they do decide to sell it could be a very long process as they will look for an unrealistically high value.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phili said:

In the past 12 months there have been 4 enquiries for the club, 2 from American Consortiums, 1 from a Middle Eastern consortium and 1 from a UK based consortium. On each occasion Venky's haven't bothered even responding. There is interest in buying us, unfortunately we have Venky's as owners and they aren't interested in selling.

The only way this purgatory is going to end is if Venky's are forced to put the club into administration other than that there is no chance of them selling their baby sadly.

Thanks for sharing, phili. That is a potentially major development and is something for those who think nobody will be interested in buying Rovers to ponder. Do you have any more details on the Middle Eastern consortium? Not asking for names, just curious as we've had interest from over there in the past.

The fact they have responded in typical Venky fashion comes as no surprise. They did the same with the Seneca enquiry.

That reminds me. Back in 2011 when the Qataris were trying to buy us, wasn't the story that they were considering selling up until a certain individual had a lengthy phone call with Barry, begging him not to sell?

Something has felt off about the whole thing from day one. I'm not sure that even a crazy offer for the club would be enough to see them off. I think the only way they leave is by being forced to do so, either by the Indian Authorities (if they find a reason to) or via administration.

• Like 2

Whatever happened to the poster of a few years ago who said he was going somewhere in Asia (Bahrain I think) to find a buyer for Rovers. He even copied some pictures from an airport and posted them to try and prove he was in that particular country. Some sleuths on here sussed out his deceit and challenged him on his fantasy. He seemed to be a Walter Mitty type, did he resurface and change his name to Waggott? 😂😂

• Like 5

3 hours ago, TonyM said:

Perhaps Venkys just enjoy seeing us suffer .....

At the time of the infamous "snowball" incident a (non Rovers supporter) friend of mine who did a lot of business in India said that it would be seen as a serious public humiliation which they  would never forgive (or forget) because of the cultural importance of respect/status to them.

I thought he was joking, but maybe not.....

Fuck em ..  they deserved more than a poxy bit of snow being lobbed at them .

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TonyM said:

Perhaps Venkys just enjoy seeing us suffer .....

At the time of the infamous "snowball" incident a (non Rovers supporter) friend of mine who did a lot of business in India said that it would be seen as a serious public humiliation which they  would never forgive (or forget) because of the cultural importance of respect/status to them.

I thought he was joking, but maybe not.....

Didn't Glen M say that snowball victim Mr Desai was pretty much in charge over here now?

Every morning he must shake his fist whilst thinking of that cold ice meeting his forehead.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, booth said:

Didn't Glen M say that snowball victim Mr Desai was pretty much in charge over here now?

Every morning he must shake his fist whilst thinking of that cold ice meeting his forehead.

f*****g good shot though,sailed over his meathead bodyguard and landed flush on the chicken murderers head😂

• Like 7

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

f*****g good shot though,sailed over his meathead bodyguard and landed flush on the chicken murderers head😂

Is there any video footage of this please? 🙏 hi

1 hour ago, speedies gonna get ya. said:

It's been said many times before, one reason they don't want to/can't/wont sell the club is that any perspective buyer would have full access to the accounts. Their dodgy book keeping would be come to light (if looks like it already has) 

That's why i pray the Indian authorities alert the UK and ask for an investigation over here with a thorough look at all transactions.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

they thought they were going to be worshipped only to be met with snowballs and well due abuse!!!

They got what they deserved. They are lucky it was just the one snowball that landed.

The club had just been relegated, been turned into a laughing stock and was going through all sorts of chaos and this lot want to make a grand entrance as if they are royalty? F.O and have a bit of shame!

• Like 2

• Backroom
8 hours ago, phili said:

In the past 12 months there have been 4 enquiries for the club, 2 from American Consortiums, 1 from a Middle Eastern consortium and 1 from a UK based consortium. On each occasion Venky's haven't bothered even responding. There is interest in buying us, unfortunately we have Venky's as owners and they aren't interested in selling.

The only way this purgatory is going to end is if Venky's are forced to put the club into administration other than that there is no chance of them selling their baby sadly.

I seriously hope I’m not pissing on anyone’s chips, but did you mean 12 years? Because that would tally with my understanding, rather than just the last year.

If true, that’s even better than I thought!

5 hours ago, Mike E said:

I seriously hope I’m not pissing on anyone’s chips, but did you mean 12 years? Because that would tally with my understanding, rather than just the last year.

If true, that’s even better than I thought!

Either way it's proof that there will be a future after this scum finally leave.

Another nail in the coffin of any of the totally pathetic arguments for them remaining in place.

• Like 3

• Moderation Lead
11 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

I say sir ‘bloody good shot sir’.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ABBEY said:

how do the courts work in india ? silently or nothing been done yet one way or tutha?

Literally been ticking off the hours waiting for some sort of outcome from yesterday...although the signing of a player for a few suggests we may be getting news the majority of us don't want

Not sure why anyone is expecting some huge announcement with what has happened.

It will come out in the next few days or so that venkys have had another £11m approved by the courts to keep us going for 6 months and everyone on twitter or whatever will respond saying how magnificent they are.

Rinse and repeat for the forseeable.

• Like 5