BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Gregg Broughton

1 minute ago, FE123 said:

Anyone else not be surprised by a Damien Johnson promotion to DoF? Popular with fan base, knows the academy and first team inside out, will have a very good knowledge of PL2 players as well. I for one think he is very competent and I don’t think he’d be a bad shout at all.

Good shout but he's probably happy doing what he does. Why put himself in the firing line? 

1 minute ago, FE123 said:

Anyone else not be surprised by a Damien Johnson promotion to DoF? Popular with fan base, knows the academy and first team inside out, will have a very good knowledge of PL2 players as well. I for one think he is very competent and I don’t think he’d be a bad shout at all.

Mm, he was going great guns a while ago with the youth teams. I had him down as a future Rovers manager/head coach. Then he seemed to get marginalised under Mowbray. Stats man and chief drone pilot apparently. We’d have to see who applies and run a proper series of interviews. If it was between him and Rudy it’s obvious he’s a better bet.

Just now, Crimpshrine said:

Good shout but he's probably happy doing what he does. Why put himself in the firing line? 

Money probably and the knowledge that if he does a good job one of the bigger boys will come calling

1 hour ago, booth said:

Waggott hangs in there like a cockroach after the nuclear fire.

That said, Broughton deserved the sack for Wahlstedt. The only real money we had to spend and his choice of keeper almost relegated us.

OR THE TURD ON YA FINGER WHEN THE SKID WONT GO AWAY

12 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I am not bothered that Broughton is leaving in isolation, he hasnt impressed even allowing for the restrictions in his time here. I would think we would be better off without a director of football as it just seems to cause an extra layer of confusion and conflict at this dysfuctional club.

I think a director of football is essential to deal with non playing side of football side like contracts, transfers, improve the academy facilities, etc

Its allow Eustace to focus on the training ground and match days 

12 hours ago, JHRover said:

And where did Glen get his account from? 

You can sack an employee for gross misconduct immediately. You don't have to wait 4 months.

asked Glen not me, I posted it to you on here the other day. 

After his 14 years service, he would need a proper investigate into the incident 

10 hours ago, JHRover said:

I know there will be loads of arse covering and history re-writing going on over the next few months but I'd like to know who decided to employ Broughton.

If it is true that they have now concluded that he wasn't up to it, and are holding him responsible for the last couple of January fiascos, then who decided to give him the job?

Waggott has said it was the owner decision to move to DoF/head coach structure at the fans forum I think

10 hours ago, JHRover said:

If Waggott then why is there a power struggle when he sanctioned the appointment? Or are we back into the good old days of persons unknown parachuting people into the club with remits and powers at odds with those already there and a power struggle ensues?

Think this must be the 4th or 5th time we've apparently had a similar 'power struggle' imposed on us by these owners.

who says there is a power struggle? 

4 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

It definitely has. 

Everyone thinks everything was GBs fault and SW looks clean as a whistle.

In reality it's probably all SW.

I have not got a clue how you have come to that conclusion. I literally know no one who has anything positive to say about Waggott, whether in person, on here, social media or anywhere. Songs calling for Waggott to go are common place at Ewood, whereas there has never been anything about Broughton. I think this is solely in your head.

Ultimately it's all down to Venkys.

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

It took Mowbray five seasons to achieve his highest Championship points tally and over several windows he was given healthy budgets. Tomasson did it in his first season with a paupers budget. And he bettered anything that Mowbray did in the FA and League cups. His 'tantrum'was because he was misled on several occasions.

No real comparison unless you are just being a contrarian.

You are obviously correct about the contrarian view about him throwing a tantrum etc, he was right to leave and right to be so annoyed. But comparing Mowbray and Tomasson's time here is not like for like, the former inherited a team full of crap destined for League 1, the latter inherited a side that had just finished 8th and with more funds than we had for a few years to replace the 3 out of contract players. Both did good jobs but ultimately both were undermined by Venkys.

4 hours ago, Mercer said:

You really don't get it, do you.

I hear / get told some things, just like there are others on this MB who do, and where appropriate (without risk of either breaking confidences or compromising others) I will post if I think there is something in it.

If you think Broughton has been an active DOF since February and it's been 'business as usual' for him then I think you are totally deluded.

I don't give a feck what you think and if you don't like what I post then just put me on ignore.

I can't say that I know if it has been business as usual, although he has done interviews with various people about what happened in January and what he wanted to do going forward, had he been sidelined back in February, he would have not been allowed/chosen to do such interviews in late March.

I am just pretty confident that if you had actually heard something proper on Broughton's exit, that you would have not resorted to a cryptic post that you refused to take questions on.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think a director of football is essential to deal with non playing side of football side like contracts, transfers, improve the academy facilities, etc

Its allow Eustace to focus on the training ground and match days 

asked Glen not me, I posted it to you on here the other day. 

After his 14 years service, he would need a proper investigate into the incident 

Waggott has said it was the owner decision to move to DoF/head coach structure at the fans forum I think

who says there is a power struggle? 

At a club like ours, it just caused more problems than benefits unfortunately, as we have seen.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

@JHRoveris right.  Irrespective of service whether it be 1 year, 5 years or10 years etc, a serious offence merits immediate dismissal.  What went on in the January window could have been investigated, legal advice taken and all concluded within a week.

Firstly, let's assume this is a Sylvester performance issue, and for me that's one big assumption given it seemingly  happened 3 times in 2 consecutive January windows with an experienced administrator!  However, assuming it is a performance issue, IMO, it's gross negligence given Sylvester's managerial seniority and the seriousness of the issue(s) which one can only imagine hugely adversely impacted upon the trust and confidence in Sylvester's working relationship with Broughton.  Potentially, these are serious, serious issues where events can lead to a destruction in the trust and confidence of the working relationship (Sylvester and Broughton) - should this happen, it could be construed as a breach of contract and categorised as gross misconduct and feet shouldn't touch the ground on departure!

I would just love to see the report on the investigation!

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I can't say that I know if it has been business as usual, although he has done interviews with various people about what happened in January and what he wanted to do going forward, had he been sidelined back in February, he would have not been allowed/chosen to do such interviews in late March.

I am just pretty confident that if you had actually heard something proper on Broughton's exit, that you would have not resorted to a cryptic post that you refused to take questions on.

Cryptic or otherwise, I think it's quite clear what I meant.

As for 'refusing to take questions on', I stated today, as I have done in the past, sometimes there is a limit to what can be posted on a MB without breaking confidences and/or compromising people.

I think you are just irked that I may be proven right - just get over it and stop boring folk with your constant wittering.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mercer said:

As for 'refusing to take questions on', I stated today, as I have done in the past, sometimes there is a limit to what can be posted on a MB without breaking confidences and/or compromising people.

I think you are just irked that I may be proven right - just get over it and stop boring folk with your constant wittering.

You weren't right.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, FE123 said:

Do people realise what a Director of Football actually does?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

We replaced Mowbray with a manager who got exactly the same number of points in his first season - 69 - as Mowbray got in his last and then threw a tantrum the next season to the detriment of the club.

Jesus Christ I've read some bullshit in my time but this really takes the cake.

Mowbray finished 8th. JDT finished 7th.

As always you miss the point by a rather large number. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Waggot has won the battle 

The experiment almost cost him his job. Rovers nearly went up, but word kept getting out just how much of a cock he is. Coach-gate should have cost him his job. Instead, everybody else around him has been took out, and there he remains 

There’s a lot of “JE is Steve Kean” shite plastered on here. The man with more in common with Kean is right in front of us. We will never be anywhere with him in charge. He’s well in with the Raos and he’s just another person we have to accept will be making a fortune whilst our club declines 

I don’t like the man. Never have. It pains me to see him win 

It does rather all suggest though that Eustace is Waggott's man.

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

It does rather all suggest though that Eustace is Waggott's man.

Until he publicly complains about a lack of investment in the squad, then he'll be out on his arse like the rest. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Mercer said:

Sorry but after years and years of your 'information' being proven to be complete bs and gueswork I find it astonishing that you still think anybody takes any tidbits that you invent seriously and when(if ever) your info does come even remotely true its purely just by chance.

Everyone knows you're a betting person and you know full well that if you spew enough bs then by law of averages you're going to get the odd thing right occasionally. 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 5

Can’t be a surprise for GB to go. Should have immediately been sacked after the McGuire debacle, probably should have been after the O’Brian and Brierley failures if we’re being fair. Not sure he’s to blame for it, but any owners who pay attention would have sacked him then. The only surprise is Waggot remains. A competent organization would have sacked the whole lot and started fresh. Unfortunately as long as Venkys are around competently ownership will remain illusive. 

Gregg has constantly reiterated his areas that he overseas. Transfers are one and last three windows have been dire. Contract renewals have been excellent but the rest…sheesh. 
let’s see what happens next.

2 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Do people realise what a Director of Football actually does?

Sweet fuck all by the looks of it, especially here with no pot to piss in 

• Like 1