BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sunderland (h) - 20/9/23 - 19:45

To be fair we outplayed Sunderland until the three nonsense subs...we need to put all the chances in the net....some shots were shockingly bad...but our play was good. We gave them a penalty and a stupid mistake led to a goal for them.

Edited by neophox
  • Like 1

Just now, DE. said:

Really worrying. I'd take mid-table right now if it was offered.

You must be joking?? We've battered Sunderland and could, probably should, have been 3/4-0 inside 24 mins. 

If you arc back to last season we don't play for a draw, we play entertaining football and shoot for 3 points. I see so many positives from today, excited for the season.

My one concern is the lack of a striker to put that ball in the net, however I think that'll take care of itself as the team evolves.

(Mainly) Great performance with an undeserved result. Ipswich won't be able to handle us. Today luck was against us. That won't happen every gane. 

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, Bohinen1983 said:

You must be joking?? We've battered Sunderland and could, probably should, have been 3/4-0 inside 24 mins. 

If you arc back to last season we don't play for a draw, we play entertaining football and shoot for 3 points. I see so many positives from today, excited for the season.

My one concern is the lack of a striker to put that ball in the net, however I think that'll take care of itself as the team evolves.

(Mainly) Great performance with an undeserved result. Ipswich won't be able to handle us. Today luck was against us. That won't happen every gane. 

We clearly have very different perspectives on things. For me a 3-1 home defeat, our third in seven matches, is not a sign of great things to come... but hey, I've been wrong before.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

That goal was really all down to garrett not being able to take the ball on the half turn. Since hes come on we can't pass through the middle at all. I like Garret but you can't expect him to play the Wharton role.

Tronstad and Buckley better options in that role surely but one not in the squad and the other out on loan. Garret better in the Travis role 

Edited by all you need is duff

Offensively we were brilliant today except for our finishing. We controlled the game. Had the most shots the most possession... but defensively when they did come at us we were poor.

If we struggle to score easy chances but find it easy to concede rare chances from the other side it doesn't really matter how many chances we create or how much we control the game.

The big positive for me was Moran who looks a real player. Doubt we will see much more of Dolan starting. Big negative is thats the first time I saw Wharton really rattled. If he goes off the boil we've got a big problem. He had a poor game today and we could have done with Buckley coming on.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, pick32 said:

Terrible summer recruitment, Sigurdson not fit, Ennis not fit, Trostad can’t make the bench and the keeper can’t get a game either 

I am starting to think JDT might be purposely not playing the summer signings as a way of saying fuck you to his superiors.

7 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Two losses at Ewood already and we’re not even out of September. Hard to see how we do anything this season - squad simply doesn’t have enough quality.

It really is laughable that not one signing is having remotely any meaningful impact on this side. The blame is pretty much on Venky’s here but I will say that our recruitment team don’t seem to have covered themselves in glory either - likes of Tronstadt can’t even get a kick whilst the Ennis gamble is backfiring.

Mental how we've signed 7 players and none of them get games.

As soon as we are relying on Dolan and Markanday to come on and change a game, you know we've got problems.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, BigBar said:

True, you are dead right. He should persist with a team of not technically good enough players playing tiki-taka football in around our box week after week. That's not a recipe for disaster at all 👍

That's his game, and it seems to have worked for him previously. Blame Waggot for such a stupid appointment considering they brought him in, gave him the mandate to do better then gave him a lesser squad and less backing than the man that came before him. Why bring a manager in like Tomasson if you don't have the players to play his way?

Because it's a club rudderless making bizarre decisions at odds with each other. Waggott going on about avoiding relegation whilst Broughton talks about wanting Premier League sums it up.

On the pitch the biggest problem is they don't score enough goals, and it's been that way a long time before JDT turned up. 22 shots, 6 on target this evening. At the weekend we should have been out of sight before Boro woke up. Plymouth, we dropped points due to awful miss after awful miss in the first 25 mins.

• Like 3

Very concerned by some of the new signings.

Leo not trusted behind Pears, Ennis a sicknote, Telalovic a last resort with the game done (despite there being no striker on the pitch), Tronstad relegated to the reserves.

Moran looks alright but final ball/shot a lot to be desired, and bloody hell we better hope Sigurdsson is a player. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, superniko said:

What’s Top 6 got to with my post stating they’ve looked ordinary tonight? 
Tony and Sunderland are blessed with a decent wallet, £10m for Clarke, £4m for Bellingham etc. 

You’re blaming the wrong horse here if you’re snapping at JDT relying on our academy, free transfers, and the dregs of Mowbrays signings for us (Markanday, Pears, Dolan, Pickering).

You never said tonight, you were replying to someone saying mowbray is doing a good job at Sunderland.

Where did I snap? If that's a snap that you have a fairly low tolerance or are you just looking to provoke?

For the record, he has some real shite to work with I agree with that, you left out a few more but I guess I'd like to see a bit of imagination and different tactics from time to time. Dirt set pieces and poor game management, tonight was like a cup tie it was so open and the same against Boro, they were end to end with us when we were 2-1 in the final few minutes. It's madness from the manager even with unquestionably limited players.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Pathetic, lightweight rubbish, but that's what you get in a Pound shop.

Markanday and Dolan, FFS, and JRC and Garret would have played better for us if they'd stayed on the bench.

Travis and Wharton disappeared after their yellows.

All in all cowshit.

Or bird sh**? Guano Rovers @ Guano Park? (Perhaps not, chickens aren’t seabirds.)

2 minutes ago, booth said:

That's his game, and it seems to have worked for him previously. Blame Waggot for such a stupid appointment considering they brought him in, gave him the mandate to do better then gave him a lesser squad and less backing than the man that came before him. Why bring a manager in like Tomasson if you don't have the players to play his way?

Because it's a club rudderless making bizarre decisions at odds with each other. Waggott going on about avoiding relegation whilst Broughton talks about wanting Premier League sums it up.

On the pitch the biggest problem is they don't score enough goals, and it's been that way a long time before JDT turned up. 22 shots, 6 on target this evening. At the weekend we should have been out of sight before Boro woke up. Plymouth, we dropped points due to awful miss after awful miss in the first 25 mins.

I agree with you. Fair points.

• Like 1

Just now, WacoRover said:

I don’t understand our failures defending. I thought that was going to be the best part of our team. 
But we sell off Kaminski & Phillips. Those moves did not help us defensively this season. 

The worst move was not signing Batth and instead bringing in another young lad.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Offensively we were brilliant today except for our finishing. We controlled the game. Had the most shots the most possession... but defensively when they did come at us we were poor.

If we struggle to score easy chances but find it easy to concede rare chances from the other side it doesn't really matter how many chances we create or how much we control the game.

The big positive for me was Moran who looks a real player. Doubt we will see much more of Dolan starting. Big negative is thats the first time I saw Wharton really rattled. If he goes off the boil we've got a big problem. He had a poor game today and we could have done with Buckley coming on.

Whartons been poor all season. Not the same as last season. He seems a bit unfocused at times losing balls and miss passes.....he should be up to speed by now.

• Like 4