BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sunderland (h) - 20/9/23 - 19:45

I don't think it's that Leo ain't trusted, it's that Pears has earned the shirt last season- it's his to lose. you could drop him after one bad game but it'd kill moral. 

If Tronsdadt has come in and JDT thinks what we already have is better then that speaks volumes about our academy.   

Moran I thought was really wasteful in possesion and a weak link. However, it's early doors. So many positives, shit result but we move on- exciting season ahead.

• Like 1

It’s a very frustrating night tonight. As in most Revers games, over the last 2 - 3 seasons, the first goal was crucial. What a pity we couldn’t turn that blistering 25 minute start into a 2 or 3 goal lead.

The pen and their goal changed the game and conceding the second, when we did was also a killer.

Some good performances tonight from Moran in particular and Hyam and Carter.

It feels like small margins, but there is a long way to go yet.

Unlikely as it feels just now, a win on Saturday, will make tonight a faded memory and I think we could surprise a few there. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, pick32 said:

Terrible summer recruitment, Sigurdson not fit, Ennis not fit, Trostad can’t make the bench and the keeper can’t get a game either 

Yet you weren't allowed judge them on here without seeing them play, let's just say I had a very bad feeling they wouldn't work out. Looks like that feeling was unfortunately accurate for one reason or another. 

• Like 1

What a tired lot we became. No problem with the "game changing" penalty but we were far too tired and TM's game plan won the day. Rovers can't walk the ball into the net with no strikers. Ok we had a few tame shots but after our senior players had missed the target the kids could do nothing. 

Hate to say this but this is the worst performance by JDT and one that will live in many of us for a long time. Poor decision to by ref awarding kicks wrong way. Wharton was outstandingly terrible. Tony Mowbray will beat Rovers every week. We've a very weak squad and tonight proved it.

You played well first half. Ballard kept us in it first 15 minutes and no surprise you scored your goal when he was off the pitch injured.

However, we comfortably controlled the 2nd half and we’re way off our best tonight but Jack Clarke is simply different gravy.

Don’t get the hate towards Mowbray mind - he’s been brilliant for us since day one and has us playing fantastic football the majority of the time. 

Good luck the rest of the season, except at the SOL. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, BigBar said:

I agree with you. Fair points.

When Gallagher went off injured at the weekend it gave us a glimpse of what tonight would bring so I suppose I was expecting a defeat or at best a draw.

I think we'll struggle for any manager to stick around with our current transfer policy, and our inability/lack of urgency to sign a quality goalscorer in 3 years.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Why did we spend 850k on a sub goalie

We didn’t - he’ll be our first choice for years, but for some reason Pears hasn’t been dropped yet.

I was sat in line with where their 2nd was hit from, haven’t seen it back but it felt a soft one to concede.

There were a lot of positives, but it’s hard to really take any pleasure from them when you’ve been beaten 1-3.

Also, Dolan really needs to not play for the first team for a while.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, SAFCfaninpeace said:

You played well first half. Ballard kept us in it first 15 minutes and no surprise you scored your goal when he was off the pitch injured.

However, we comfortably controlled the 2nd half and we’re way off our best tonight but Jack Clarke is simply different gravy.

Don’t get the hate towards Mowbray mind - he’s been brilliant for us since day one and has us playing fantastic football the majority of the time. 

Good luck the rest of the season, except at the SOL. 

He over stayed his welcome here - by about 3 seasons.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Tugay-is-God said:

Another season of mid table mediocrity beckons. Without even the false promise of a playoff push to keep us going. 

Mid-table?? I struggle to come up with three teams that are likely to finish below us with the kamikaze ineptitude that's been on show so far this season. . 

4 minutes ago, booth said:

When Gallagher went off injured at the weekend it gave us a glimpse of what tonight would bring so I suppose I was expecting a defeat or at best a draw.

I think we'll struggle for any manager to stick around with our current transfer policy, and our inability/lack of urgency to sign a quality goalscorer in 3 years.

Yeah it's a sad state of affairs. Worse when the chances being missed aren't half chances, they are chances that professional footballers should be taking regardless of your natural position.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Andy Moran was really good in the first half but then faded away second. At least Dolans performance has made JDTs life a lot easier of who he should be picking out of the 2.

You'd hope so, but he continues to give Dolan chances to disappoint. It's a no brainer as far as I'm concerned. 

• Like 1