BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

We are going down (the pessimism thread)

My first post on this thread.

When in a relegation battle, the most important rule is don't lose relegation 6 pointers and we have broken it twice in the last 11 days.

So we are suddenly Stoke fans for the next 12 hours. If the Potters lose at Loftus Road we are deep in it.

• 2 weeks later...

Table doesn't look good tonight...hit a bad run of results and we are in real trouble.

Our Ham Shanker of a CEO inexplicably and against all expectation came out with the statement that survival was the aim of this Season?.

And so it comes to pass,some coincidence that...

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, philipl said:

That is a scary set of 6 wins by the 8 clubs beneath us.

Swansea away next, followed by Millwall and Plymouth at home, all who are in and around us in the table and in no better form than we are, followed by Middlesbrough away, also in terrible form

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/championship/form-guide

Genuinely think those next 4 league games could see us safe

I am a bit of an optimist 😉 

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, rigger said:

Not as scary as it is for Stoke.

Yep think they are going to save our bacon. The last two managers there have been good and done solid jobs with other teams with limited resources in this division. Not so at Stoke. A rotten club, a poisoned chalice and quite likely our best bet pf staying up!

18 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Yep think they are going to save our bacon. The last two managers there have been good and done solid jobs with other teams with limited resources in this division. Not so at Stoke. A rotten club, a poisoned chalice and quite likely our best bet pf staying up!

Our best bet of staying up , is whilst it is still in our hands ...

When it is not , we will have big problems! 

16 minutes ago, 47er said:

A bit of me thinks we'll stay up, most of me is unsure!

It’s still in our hands. It’s up to us now. The people who thought certain teams ( Sheff Wed, Hudds etc ) were dead and buried a month ago mustn’t know much about football. The scramble always starts about now and teams that couldn’t buy a win previously start winning games you never thought they would.

11 hours ago, Blue blood said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Stoke sacked Schumacher and brought Allardyce in.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, KentExile said:

Swansea away next, followed by Millwall and Plymouth at home, all who are in and around us in the table and in no better form than we are, followed by Middlesbrough away, also in terrible form

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/championship/form-guide

Genuinely think those next 4 league games could see us safe

I am a bit of an optimist 😉 

Four must not lose games.

The problem is four draws could well see us closer to the bottom three!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, philipl said:

Four must not lose games.

The problem is four draws could well see us closer to the bottom three!

Better to win two lose two than draw all four.

Part of JDTs success you could argue was from caring little for draws...

We probably do need to start adopting a more offensive approach for those four. Defence looking serviceable now. Time to press on a bit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

Better to win two lose two than draw all four.

Part of JDTs success you could argue was from caring little for draws...

We probably do need to start adopting a more offensive approach for those four. Defence looking serviceable now. Time to press on a bit.

But better to draw all four than lose them, which was the reality under JDT this season.

I think draws against Preston and Norwich are creditable, but we need to be beating the teams around us……

3 hours ago, martonrover said:

But better to draw all four than lose them, which was the reality under JDT this season.

I think draws against Preston and Norwich are creditable, but we need to be beating the teams around us……

Yeah, but it feels like that situation is now solved with a combination of better tactics and players back from injury. We should now go more aggressively after a win rather than be focussed on not losing. 

Tempting fate, but going through the first choice players it's pretty good mid table quality mostly (Hyam, McFadz, Wharton, Brittain, Buckley, Tronstad, Pickering, Gallagher, Dolan, Szmodics plus JRC, Carter and Hedges when back from injury).  Only player I really question whether they are good enough to finish mid table is Pears, but he's looked solid since coming back. 

The issue is really the bench is horrendous (Whalstadt, , Chrisene, Ayeri, Moran, Telalovic, Sigurdsson, Leonard, Markanday). We've got to hope we don't need to play any of them.

10 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Yeah, but it feels like that situation is now solved with a combination of better tactics and players back from injury. We should now go more aggressively after a win rather than be focussed on not losing. 

Tempting fate, but going through the first choice players it's pretty good mid table quality mostly (Hyam, McFadz, Wharton, Brittain, Buckley, Tronstad, Pickering, Gallagher, Dolan, Szmodics plus JRC, Carter and Hedges when back from injury).  Only player I really question whether they are good enough to finish mid table is Pears, but he's looked solid since coming back. 

The issue is really the bench is horrendous (Whalstadt, , Chrisene, Ayeri, Moran, Telalovic, Sigurdsson, Leonard, Markanday). We've got to hope we don't need to play any of them.

The problem is, a few of that core of players are always likely to be injured at any one time, and the quality of the bench is crucial in modern day football, especially with games coming thick and fast.

• Like 3