BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

A ‘Venky delegation is visiting’, what an honour, I’m sure the staff had to provide their quota of bowing and scraping… oh it’s just to facilitate selling players, is it? Amazing how quickly and easy the Venky machine judders into life when it revolves around downgrading the club.

• Like 5

Huge question marks around the future of Travis, our club captain who can’t get a game. The strong links to CB’s lead you to think we’re losing one. Then there’s our top scorer, SS who will be attracting admiring glances. Some suggestions on here that a bid is in for him.

Here’s my big worry…Based on evidence, I think there’s a managed decline at the club. I actually do trust GB and JDT but I don’t trust Venkys not to pull the rug from under them.

Whats the chances that we’d adequately replace the possible sales of Trav, Carter and SS whilst plugging the glaring gaps at fullback and the forward line? 🙈

• Like 2

- Jackson mentioned that Broughton claims we expect about £5m for Raya in the summer, FWIW (ducks) (https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/24014940.blackburn-agree-transfer-fee-ahead-transfer-window/). Have to assume whatever (nominal) clause have been easily met. Would bring the overall Raya sale to ~£9m, which frankly isn't too shabby (ducks again).

- I don't see Bournemouth recalling Hill. Presumably they're happy with his gametime and they've been on a great run of late. Hill's last few games would presumably give them pause about him being a short-term solution... Had a glance at their forum and they seem generally happy with depth and are primarily worried about strikers. (edit: perhaps I'm 100% wrong haha...)

- Shame about Buckley's loan/injury. 5 starts + 8 subs for a woeful Sheffield Wed isn't great and seemed to get mixed reviews from their fans, but not exactly put in a position to succeed. However, given he had apparently been surpassed by Garrett in preseason and Garrett's only gotten 2 league starts + 9 subs (+4 cup starts), doubtful he'd have gotten any more gametime here. (Anyone else getting Davenport vibes from Garrett? Has shown flashes as a sub and against inferior Cup opposition, but seems overwhelmed with full starts. Still young and has something to him, so certainly not giving up on him yet!).

Edited by RoverCanada

5 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Is there no loanee keeper we could grab from the premier league. Guarantee the starter position to

Was thinking this, maybe Mark Travers, Fraser Forster or Ethan Horvath could be tempted for 6 months - they aren't playing much atm.

• J*B pinned this topic

I would guess the key thing is whatever is being discussed with this delegation from India. Could be anything from an agreement on a new cash infusion to an exercise to generate more funds through sales.

The horrendous run we are on will not be helping any conversations around boosting investment.

• Moderation Lead
31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The lad clearly has a fair bit of talent, when he’s bang on form, but unfortunately for us, that’s not been for a little while now….

15 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Is there no loanee keeper we could grab from the premier league. Guarantee the starter position to

Oh there will be but we'd have to pay wage contributions so it ain't happening unless he's an U21 third choice with one appearance.

3 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

I would guess the key thing is whatever is being discussed with this delegation from India. Could be anything from an agreement on a new cash infusion to an exercise to generate more funds through sales.

The horrendous run we are on will not be helping any conversations around boosting investment.

They can't add any further cash into the club other than enough to cover the existing bills whilst under investigation by the Indian government. i.e. they can't send us money for transfers, but they can send us money to cover existing contracted obligations. 

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Huge question marks around the future of Travis, our club captain who can’t get a game. The strong links to CB’s lead you to think we’re losing one. Then there’s our top scorer, SS who will be attracting admiring glances. Some suggestions on here that a bid is in for him.

Here’s my big worry…Based on evidence, I think there’s a managed decline at the club. I actually do trust GB and JDT but I don’t trust Venkys not to pull the rug from under them.

Whats the chances that we’d adequately replace the possible sales of Trav, Carter and SS whilst plugging the glaring gaps at fullback and the forward line? 🙈

I am not really bothered who if any we sell, as the way we are playing is not working with the players we have. What I would be more concerned with are the replacements or additions 

Hill going back to Bournemouth is a big blow given current injuries and suspensions. He may not have played well recently, but not many have. Not sure bringing in a lad from Crewe as a replacement is the best plan.

Wahlstedt needs to be given a break from first team football. He's shown himself not to be ready for the Championship. The problem is that Pears isn't that much better than him. An experienced goalkeeper is needed in January, but sadly I doubt it'll happen

Bringing in young players and selling for a profit later down the line is all well and good, but young players need more experienced heads to learn from to help improve their game. Experienced players are a must this month.

• Like 6

Maybe the club knew we would lose Hill and decided to sign the Crewe defender as a replacement. Short term I'd image he won't be as good as Hill, long term better for the club as we would be developing one of our own players.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Huge question marks around the future of Travis, our club captain who can’t get a game.

Someone who knows someone who knows someone told me he's got 2 offers from America, and interest from Soton and Luton. 

Told definitely leaving this January

1 minute ago, Hannoverover said:

Maybe the club knew we would lose Hill and decided to sign the Crewe defender as a replacement. Short term I'd image he won't be as good as Hill, long term better for the club as we would be developing one of our own players.

Club knew Hill was going weeks ago

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

Not a clue

Please provide me with one then?

He’s had some very good games where I praised him to high heaven and some stinkers.

Just now, K-Hod said:

Please provide me with one then?

He’s had some very good games where I praised him to high heaven and some stinkers.

He decided to go back weeks ago and he didn't want to get injured.  Big few months ahead for young James.  We are a basket case.