BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

7 minutes ago, Gav said:

I'd rather have the player right now personally. 

I'm sure it's been said there's a one year extension option as well, so he only goes for free if the club decide to release him, like Dack. The difference with Gally is I think JDT wants to play him, he generally does when he is fit. 

41 minutes ago, Ghost7 said:

In fairness to Gallagher we didn't cross him a ball for about 3 years.

He himself was tasked with putting the crosses in for those 3 years, for giants like Armstrong and Dolan in the box.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Indian judiciary and government now to blame. Always someone else.

Nope definitely Venky's, they are the ones who did the dodgy dealing in the first place. Just that now they don't control the shots and won't until the the Indian Government completes it's investigation. That could be next week or 5 years from now. Up until then, they can't put money in for transfers, our playing budget is required to be reduced by a set amount a season and any funds for business as usual needs to be approved by a judge every 3 months based on the business plan for the year. Any large sales will be used for business as usual before being re-invested.

It is far worse than being in administration as at least then there would be a time scale to the end of this.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, phili said:

It's really now up to the Indian courts and Government than our owners. People seem to be ignoring the part of the last judgment where the judge mentioned he would expect us to cut costs inline with our present situation.

Bro, do you sincerely believe this ? Indian courts and government .... this is all just a PR story ...venky's would have enough outside india. Especially in middle east and europe ....and getting a stay of order is definitely not that difficult ...PURE UNADULTERATED PR BS in my honest opinion 

• Like 3

I might be in the minority here but for me, we have missed his presence on the pitch. Of course he has his weaknesses. Personally, I don't think he is physical enough for his size and his aggression for a striker is poor. That said, I feel we perform better when he is on the pitch and I would like to see our win record with him in the team as to when he is not. 1m or 1.5m is too low in todays market. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Gav said:

Really joey? Turned it on for the cameras in FA Cup I seem to recall, otherwise he was 'injured' or missing.

He was one of the worst players ever to pull on the shirt due to his attitude and his refusal to play towards the end of his time here...

These are my overriding memories of him, played well 1 in 4 or 5, usually on telly. Rest of the time was a passenger with terrible decision making. Always got the feeling he had ideas way above his station and thought being at Rovers was beneath him. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, phili said:

Nope definitely Venky's, they are the ones who did the dodgy dealing in the first place. Just that now they don't control the shots and won't until the the Indian Government completes it's investigation. That could be next week or 5 years from now. Up until then, they can't put money in for transfers, our playing budget is required to be reduced by a set amount a season and any funds for business as usual needs to be approved by a judge every 3 months based on the business plan for the year. Any large sales will be used for business as usual before being re-invested.

It is far worse than being in administration as at least then there would be a time scale to the end of this.

Good, thought you were trying to say this wasn’t Venky’s fault for a second there.

So how long will they be going through this quarterly palava for then? One quarter? Two? Twenty?

Unsustainable and can only lead to relegation.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

The Indian authorities are notorious for moving at snails pace. It took them 10 years to identify the Neville mansion remittance scam. The club could be in the National League before they've concluded their investigations. 

4 minutes ago, alcd said:

The Indian authorities are notorious for moving at snails pace. It took them 10 years to identify the Neville mansion remittance scam. The club could be in the National League before they've concluded their investigations. 

No bro...they move at a desired pace, depending on the defendant , there are things like interim stay orders to facilitate the defendant ...Do you know how many such cases ongoing , the billionaires are not stopping thier business ...Let alone one on foreign soil..so this is pure PR BS to keep this charade going

5 hours ago, Gav said:

Really joey? Turned it on for the cameras in FA Cup I seem to recall, otherwise he was 'injured' or missing.

He was one of the worst players ever to pull on the shirt due to his attitude and his refusal to play towards the end of his time here...

Well he went on to have a good career in the Prem. But looking back at the amount of goals he scored with us (8...) probably I was a bit too effusive in saying he was one of our best strikers!

Gallagher is an asset, big lad, very mobile- if we played with wingers that crossed the ball I think he'd do much better. The majority of his time with Rovers has been spent in wide forward positions- even from there his pressing and work-rate is tremendous.  If you think we're going to replace him with 1.5 million you're off your head.  It's not happening.  As someone else suggested, he'll get sold and we'll bring a loan in if we're lucky.   If Gallagher is being sold then it has to be of benefit (unlike Kaminski) financially so we can get an adequate replacement.   I'd be asking for 3-4 million.  If you don't pay it then he stays- simple.   Play him down the middle when he's back and try whipping a few balls into the box.  

Only Rovers could lose:  Brereton, Rothwell, Kaminski, Lenihan, Gallagher for a net 3.5 million.  That's why the club's fucked.

6 minutes ago, Bohinen1983 said:

Gallagher is an asset, big lad, very mobile- if we played with wingers that crossed the ball I think he'd do much better. The majority of his time with Rovers has been spent in wide forward positions- even from there his pressing and work-rate is tremendous.  If you think we're going to replace him with 1.5 million you're off your head.  It's not happening.  As someone else suggested, he'll get sold and we'll bring a loan in if we're lucky.   If Gallagher is being sold then it has to be of benefit (unlike Kaminski) financially so we can get an adequate replacement.   I'd be asking for 3-4 million.  If you don't pay it then he stays- simple.   Play him down the middle when he's back and try whipping a few balls into the box.  

Only Rovers could lose:  Brereton, Rothwell, Kaminski, Lenihan, Gallagher for a net 3.5 million.  That's why the club's fucked.

The guy can not jump or head the ball

• Like 6

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Says much about our current state when the possible return of Gallagher is eagerly anticipated; many fans would have relished an offer of about £1.5 million for him before his injury. Folk forget what a poor player he is and it's not unfair to say the only positive about him coming back is that he fills a shirt in a depleted squad 

The problem is, as always, he probably won't even be replaced. We've definitely missed him, but that's partly also because of the lack of an alternative. 

The guy can not jump or head or shoot or dribble or pass or tackle or hold up the ball or lead the line or provide a physical presence or defend or score many goals 

He does fill a shirt though

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

The guy can not jump or head or shoot or dribble or pass or tackle or hold up the ball or lead the line or provide a physical presence or defend or score many goals 

He is ok defending corners.

We are seen as a desperate club, other teams will know we need the money and we will receive nothing but derisory offers for players, I don't believe anyone is offering 1.5m for Galla, if they did he would be gone by now. FFS we are loaning out players while we have a skeleton staff because we need to save cash.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Yet he is well ahead of Ennis, Telalovic and Leonard. Defenders do not like playing against Gallagher. He’s actually quick. He is very frustrating because i believe he has the physique to be a great player but he lacks aggression and that cannot be taught. 

Gally with no doubt upgrades our current team. £1.5m will not get you anyone close to Gallagher! That’s the position we are in.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bohinen1983 said:

If the rumours are true, there's a reason Ipswich, in 2nd place and clearly with a better idea of how to run their club than we do at the moment, are willing to part with 1.5 million for him.

There was a stat last year I think about how we picked up more points with Gallagher in the team than not.

This season he has played some part in 4 games - 2 wins, 1 draw and 1 defeat, so 7 points. Without him we have picked up 25 points in 22 games. If he had played all games and got the same return we would be in the play-offs right now.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, only2garners said:

There was a stat last year I think about how we picked up more points with Gallagher in the team than not.

This season he has played some part in 4 games - 2 wins, 1 draw and 1 defeat, so 7 points. Without him we have picked up 25 points in 22 games. If he had played all games and got the same return we would be in the play-offs right now.

The vast majority of Renault Scenic drivers have wives and a car full of children but this does not lead to wanting bachelor's browsing the forecourts for 7 seater MPVs

Edited by B16Rover
Vast not mast
  • Like 2