BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yet again, what people need to understand that you can lose only £39m over a 3 year period FFP rules and Rovers lose around £20 per season so Rovers needed to sell Armstrong and the training ground to prevent a Transfer ban/restrictions on signings where the EFL must approve each signing. 

Where do you seriously see this club going under the Venky/ Waggot stewardship of the club? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

Has JDT or anyone given an explanation as to why Szmodics wasn't in the squad today?

Genuine question. I've been away most of the day.

The official team news said he was ill, but as we all know he has a private matter which means he can’t leave his family and go on international duty. I hope it is as stated the former. 

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

Has JDT or anyone given an explanation as to why Szmodics wasn't in the squad today?

Szmodics and Pickering were still ill. Flu? Sicky bug? Whatever!

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

I was told just before Xmas that Szmodics was on the Ipswich radar, now this week  Gallagher is on it..

Travis is all ready there , something is happening ! 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

I was told just before Xmas that Szmodics was on the Ipswich radar, now this week  Gallagher is on it..

Travis is all ready there , something is happening ! 

Venkys will have a price and won't move as we all know if there is actually any interest which I don't think there is they will have to put up or shut up. Won't be a small figure either especially with the position we are in 

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Who are "some fans?" Randomers at the game that you spoke to, randomers on twitter? 

These vague rumours dont help anything.

He’s always been the king of vague rumours, believes everything he reads. Really can’t see Sammie leaving. 

• Like 3

• Backroom

Selling Szmodics would be tantamount to announcing "we want to be relegated". Unless we are financially on the brink of going onto administration it's an unfathomable scenario. 

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, DE. said:

Selling Szmodics would be tantamount to announcing "we want to be relegated". Unless we are financially on the brink of going onto administration it's an unfathomable scenario. 

I can't wait for administration to be honest. 

Whatever is required to get rid of venkys, I'm behind it.

• Like 9

11 hours ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

Illness. JDT did mentioned his press conference on Friday that couple of players were ill but no names 

10 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Who the hell is going to take Ennis on?

linked to 3 clubs in league 1 this week 

8 hours ago, islander200 said:

So why play him for practically the whole cup game last week?

exactly. Plus he has just signed a new contract and if he want to leave or clubs interested why would he sign that new contract. Its non story based on pointless rumours

15 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yet again, what people need to understand that you can lose only £39m over a 3 year period FFP rules and Rovers lose around £20 per season so Rovers needed to sell Armstrong and the training ground to prevent a Transfer ban/restrictions on signings where the EFL must approve each signing. 

And to avoid this situation in summer, we need £11million of additional sales income (not Venky handouts) by 30th June.

£11million less the Raya money (£5million isn't it?)  IF that deal is completed before 30th June.

Same scenario as when we sold the training ground because the Armstrong sale didn't happen in time. Although the Armstrong money then vanished so we were left without both.

So what player assets do we have who can muster £11m (or £6m) before 30th June ?

And with the window system is that 2 months of time to do it ?

So where is the Szmodics rumour from ?

Developing the Championship top scorer in 1 year and selling him is EXACTLY the project the club announced.

They have never once mentioned promotion.

Only avoiding relegation.

Edited by OldEwoodBlue
  • Like 3