BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

1 minute ago, Tom said:

Feel tomorrow really could be a key moment, if after this the Wharton sale goes through and no money is spent you would struggle to find anyone who doesn’t think it’s a signpost for a slow and painful demise into oblivion.

Time for protests will be back, and the appetite to go with it

If this happens I think JDT walks.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

Feel tomorrow really could be a key moment, if after this the Wharton sale goes through and no money is spent you would struggle to find anyone who doesn’t think it’s a signpost for a slow and painful demise into oblivion.

I dunno, I think you could find a few who think it's a signpost for a rapid and painful demise into oblivion.

Just now, rog of the rovers said:

If we didn’t want to spend the money then fine, but don’t put the poor lad on a trans Atlantic flight just to pull the rug out from under him mid air! 

Shocking form from Rovers. Ashamed to be an associated with the Rovers if this is true!

Saved Wednesday a few quid since hers already cross Atlantic. 

• Like 1

Of course not. Broughton might not be perfect but has nothing to gain by derailing deals. He will be doing the best he can with an impossible situation working for charlatans and liars.

As with O'Brien he will have been led to believe that funds are being made available, he will have done the hard work in getting the deal ready and the player on board and then when it comes to parting with the cash the owners fail to deliver.

Each and every time.

Of course nobody employed by Rovers is ever going to admit this because if they did they'd be out of a job and probably not employed elsewhere in football, but anyone thinking logically about this knows where the blame lies.

It makes no sense for Broughton to line it up then scupper it, just as it made no sense last January supposedly for the Club Secretary to suffer temporary amnesia and forget how to do his job.

It's just lies, bullshit and smoke and mirrors aimed at shielding the Indians from any blame for what are their decisions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy612 said:

If this is accurate then I can’t really see how JDTs position as manager is tenable. 
I’d be amazed if he’s still manager beyond the weekend. 

JDT’s position is tenable as his primary job is to coach the team.

Broughtons is untenable as he simply cannot do the job he has been brought in for if funds have been pulled from under him. For his reputation in the game he either needs to lay the blame elsewhere or quit. (Presuming the stories about no transfers with fees turns out to be correct).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, yankfan said:

Saved Wednesday a few quid since hers already cross Atlantic. 

That makes it more laughable, we’ve paid for a cross Atlantic flight for a player to sign with a relegation rival.

I didn’t think it could get worse after last January, but this tops it.

• Like 5

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

If this happens I think JDT walks.

Hope so to be fair, I would, we need to embarrass the club further if it comes to pass 

Anger shouldn’t be aimed at anyone other than the owners, go for the big fish now 

• Like 6

What this will do is make any self respecting professional footballer to think twice about even entering into preliminary negotiations if rovers come knocking.

The Venkys are useless beyond belief. It’s always their fault but arguably the most humiliating sagas have come during swag/the eggs watch. Useless one and all. 

• Like 4

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, Gamst21 said:

IMG_0357.png

Hardly any followers and no source, someone just regurgitating the tweet about us cancelling incomings 

1 minute ago, Hasta said:

Broughtons is untenable as he simply cannot do the job he has been brought in for if funds have been pulled from under him. For his reputation in the game he either needs to lay the blame elsewhere or quit. (Presuming the stories about no transfers with fees turns out to be correct).

If it has been pulled by the owners (again?) you're right.

Let's see if he walks then.

I think JDT resigning now, rather than after the season is done, is the only way of a very loud and public message getting sent to the owners and the boardroom, and people waking up to what is going on here.

Anything else just isn't going to cut it. We can moan and groan but for Waggott and the Indians it will be business as usual and a job well done, unless JDT causes them a big problem by walking and shining the spotlight on them.

• Like 2