BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

so mcguire a big may be(paperwork and emails seem to tech advanced for the backroom staff ewood)

a liverpool centre back no one has ever heard of

no replacement for adam

the brekelo and ackerman signings far to ambitious for an embarrasing outfit like us,i mean we`ve only just sold our best player for a potful of cash

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Worth noting JDT's comments that buying players in this window is risky and cleat that V's won't want to spend now - if at all- anyway.  That said we might end up signing McGuire through embarrassment.

Yet we let two of our first team midfielders leave, and so far have replaced them with a youngster from Brighton, who doesn’t actually play the same position as them. 

• Like 1

Just now, G Somerset Rover said:

If I were big Dunc I’d be booking a plane home for later tonight. Happy to eat my words but we’ll bugger this one up (again). I just know it.

At least check out Manchester first - it's the greatest city in the world. 

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Although we won't be getting £18m up front for Wharton, the fact we have only spent around £500,000 on ,McGuires loan deal, means that we are being taken for idiots by the people in charge. It's a fucking disgrace tbh

I'm guessing we've now only been able to go back in for McGuire because it seems we may have a bit of money coming in for Ennis. 

The wharton sale(if it actually goes through) doesn't seem to have had any real effect one way or another! Like others have said.... That money will likely go into the venky/Waggot abyss  (or ""running costs"" as they call it) 

1 minute ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

I'm guessing we've now only been able to go back in for McGuire because it seems we may have a bit of money coming in for Ennis. 

The wharton sale(if it actually goes through) doesn't seem to have had any real effect one way or another! Like others have said.... That money will likely go into the venky/Waggot abyss  (or ""running costs"" as they call it) 

Running away with the money costs?

• Like 1

I've been out since half 3. Someone summarise what's happened

Who have we signed? Assume no one

Who is in the pipeline and looks like completing? Assume some PL youngsters on loan

Who is in the pipeline that will fall through at the last minute? Assume mcguire. 

11 minutes ago, G Somerset Rover said:

If I were big Dunc I’d be booking a plane home for later tonight. Happy to eat my words but we’ll bugger this one up (again). I just know it.

Its actually a good point - if hes on a pittance at Orlando as reported to suddenly be told he's getting loaned presumably on the same wage as compared to sold and on a new contract that may well make him consider his options.

• Like 1

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

whatever happened to the claim by swag and broughtonthat rovers could spend whatever they raised in the transfer market???more shite from the shiteshow

Wasn't that in the summer, prior to the budget reduction? In which case it would be reasonable to expect we should be able to spend a percentage of what gets brought in. But even that doesn't seem to be happening.