BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

2 minutes ago, neophox said:

Ennis former manager manages Stoke...theres the connection.

He’ll probably get a tune out of him as well. Can see him getting his first league goal at Ewood a week on Saturday.

• Like 1

I hate these owners with a passion and I’m gutted Adam has gone, he’s clearly been forced out in my opinion looking at his interview. Could Adam have refused to sign therefore denying the Venky’s the money which in turn brings an end to their ownership? I can’t help but feel this transfer has given these bastards a get out of jail free card. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, BRFC4EVA said:

This Ennis to Stoke deal seems odd. Anyone got any more details. LET says permanent deal. Any fee?

Rumour was we demanded £500k from Bolton so probably just enough to cover our costs. Good thing with Stoke is they probably have no problem taking over his wages.

Daft question but if this lad is a loan and not a transfer does that mean we are paying a loan fee + whatever his salary is (23 year old out of uni as a draft pick so presumably nothing)?  Or can you pay more salary 

6 minutes ago, DE. said:

Probably a small fee in the low-to-mid hundreds of thousands. I think if they pay enough to cover Ennis' wages and signing on fees - which presumably weren't extortionate - then we'll take it. Seems obvious JDT does not rate him in the slightest and whilst it technically leaves us another man down, the fact is Ennis has - according to Transfermarkt - played a grand total of 338 minutes for us in the league and contributed nothing of note, so tough to say he'd be missed. Assuming McGuire comes in (big if) then we'd have him, Gallagher, Leonard, Dolan and Szmodics as forward options which is probably enough. Scoring goals hasn't been our problem, keeping them out has been the issue. 

That's with Adam Wharton pulling the strings in midfield. Where is the creativity and ball retention with Garrett?

12 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

You are posting very oddly tonight.

For something to be a ‘good deal’ to a party it has to benefit said party.

So for the third time is this a ‘good deal’ for Blackburn Rovers?

Yes it is, because the money goes into the club, and the club is bigger than Venkys. Even if the bank take it all it ultimately still benifits the club by reducing debt.

Just now, Spankus Munky said:

Yes it is, because the money goes into the club, and the club is bigger than Venkys. Even if the bank take it all it ultimately still benifits the club by reducing debt.

In what way is it reducing debt?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

It's got to the stage where I really don't care anymore.

Another total shit show of a window but no doubt GB will charm his way through the post window review and nobody ( certainly not the  LT) will ask him the tough questions 

Those tough questions should be for Waggot in all honesty - Him are Suhail are the men in charge (after the no shows).

GB will have been ordered to not spend any of the money.

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 1

• Backroom
1 minute ago, alcd said:

That's with Adam Wharton pulling the strings in midfield. Where is the creativity and ball retention with Garrett?

Maybe he's been getting tips from old Bucko on how to become our new midfield maestro. 

19 minutes ago, G Somerset Rover said:

I really don’t think there’s much science behind these loan deals.

Rovers: We’re enquiring about X on loan

PL club: Sure thing but it’ll cost you x and you’ll need to contribute x to wages.

Rovers: bugger, we’ve got fuck all money

PL club: we’ve got some useless tosser in the under 23s who you can have for free as no other club wants them

Rovers: brilliant!

I think you're giving rovers a bit too much credit there

• Like 1

I full expect the American lad not to sign. 

Sad time to be a rovers fan. Feels like the last few months, especially last couple of days have seen a shift from inept owners to blatant asset stripping and cash saving. Don't think they'd have any worries about us sinking down the leagues. 

The playing and coaching staff must be looking on like we are and thinking about getting out of it 

Edited by benhben
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Spankus Munky said:

This is an inane take. Paying down debt by selling assets which you then don’t replace, when you run at a loss means you’re just delaying the inevitable.

The point I assume mattyblue is making - correctly - is it’s not a good deal for the club because the funds aren’t being reinvested to try and create more saleable assets.

The owners have created the conditions for this cycle and are visibly so inept that they cannot recognise the futility of their actions.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Spankus Munky said:

I've still got a sale on for my magic beans.

Bargain at only £350 each.

• Like 5