BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

3 minutes ago, Andy said:

Disregarding the rest of the guff, this is blatently untrue.

But you already knew that.

GB was responsible for the Jan '23 fiasco, he said so himself.

It is the main element of his role. It was a massive administrative failure, and it will never be forgotten.

This one abject failure directly, yes directly, cost us a play-off place.

There are many of us that hoped he would then step up and pull the odd signing out of the bag, despite the challenging financial landscape. The loans have got to work, and the signings have got to be at least League One standard.

James Hill apart, this has not happened, and some responsibility for this lies directly at the door of GB. 

It's not personal, it's based on direct evidence, whereas the support for him is based mainly on pity. 

Sorry.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, roverandout said:

I'm actually at the point again like I was under Mowbray where I hope rovers get beat so we'll go down and venkys eff off. Unlike Mowbray I like jdt. Just pissed off with the whole club. I really couldn't give a toss anymore.  Rovers have been flat lining for the past 10 years and those cnuts have refused to defibrillate the club

13 years.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, alex l said:

The post I was responding to said we should bring back the talk of Venkys asset stripping. I'm not happy with how they run the club but I don't think this can accurately be labelled at them. 

Guessing we'll be hearing from you at the next window?

5 minutes ago, roverandout said:

I'm actually at the point again like I was under Mowbray where I hope rovers get beat so we'll go down and venkys eff off. Unlike Mowbray I like jdt. Just pissed off with the whole club. I really couldn't give a toss anymore.  Rovers have been flat lining for the past 10 years and those cnuts have refused to defibrillate the club

Not trying to be antagonistic but if you don't care anymore why are you reading and actively engaging with this part of the board? Genuinely, if it upsets you this much, take a break from all to do with the club. You might feel better for it.

• Like 2

Just now, alex l said:

Not trying to be antagonistic but if you don't care anymore why are you reading and actively engaging with this part of the board? Genuinely, if it upsets you this much, take a break from all to do with the club. You might feel better for it.

I'm like a drug addict I know it's bad for me but I need my fix 

At least we've finally got a striker and hopefully it's third time lucky, but ffs...

The pointless loanee kids and a 37 year old defender. Where's the full backs? Where's the pacey winger? But above all, where's the Adam Wharton replacement?

"Blackburn Rovers are our baby."

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ricky said:

We are considerably weaker coming out of the window than when we went into it. There’s no doubt in my mind that we haven’t strengthened. 

Well the Twitter and Facebook lot are over the moon now. All is forgotten and all hail Venky’s. Money will be spent in the summer. Of course.

Night all.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, roverandout said:

They didn't last time.

Happy with Dunc signing but the overall feeling about this window is disappointment and concern. We're no doubt weaker on the 1st Feb than we were on the 1st Jan. 

Super Sammi will mean we most likely won't go down this season, but the downward trajectory we're on is alarming. 

The midfield area looks very weak. If Tronstad gets injured then we are in trouble. Got no one in there that can make a tackle if he's missing. Garret is a liability right now, he's talented but  not ready to start regular. Ayari looks talented but too lightweight. JRC is a good CM but struggles to stay fit. 

• Like 1

Just now, booth said:

At least we've finally got a striker and hopefully it's third time lucky, but ffs...

The pointless loanee kids and a 37 year old defender. Where's the full backs? Where's the pacey winger? But above all, where's the Adam Wharton replacement?

"Blackburn Rovers are our baby."

massive hole in the middle of the park without adam,only jrc has the quality to be in there with tronstadt,who do you play at right back with brittain injured???????????

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, pick32 said:

Squads weaker than it was on 31st of January, relegation looming 

I genuinely couldn't tell you. 

We're certainly weaker in CM, but we might be a damn sight better at CB and CF for all I know. 

• Like 2

As far as I can guess though we don't really know till we see the players play

- Strikers - probably improved. McGuire has a decent scoring record in the US which is a pretty good league these days. We can hope.

-Defenders - maybe improved? The lad from Coventry has got rave reviews from all my Cov supporting mates as a true blood and thunder leader good at organising the defence. And also Connor O Riodan could be a good one.

GK - No change

Mid - Obviously not improved. Wharton was a great talent - lost him and Travis. Obviously a lot will ride on Ayeri being up to it, and Buckley when he gets back. I guess we could be looking at JRC into midfield with the Liverpool loanee into right wing back / right back. Feels vulnerable.

All in all a lot of turnover of players... Not clear how they will land. Will be interesting to see what JDT and GB say.

Venkys need to sell the club as the way its being run at the moment is farcical.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 47er said:

Guessing we'll be hearing from you at the next window?

I engage when there's something going on at the club that I feel I want to voice an opinion on. I probably also start an annual shirt/sponsor thread. 

2 minutes ago, G Somerset Rover said:

Well the Twitter and Facebook lot are over the moon now. All is forgotten and all hail Venky’s. Money will be spent in the summer. Of course.

Night all.

Total pillocks 

• Like 5