BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Chelsea (a) - 1/11/23 - Carabao Cup

I'd be really grateful for a bit of local knowledge for travelling down to this one.

Work patterns and the college timetable of my lad mean that going on the coaches is a non-starter, so I'm going to drive down early afternoon, park at a tube station on the outskirts and go from there. 

Previously, Cockfosters was always a good bet for Arsenal/West Ham but ideally i'd like somewhere over the M40/A40 corridor. Can anyone suggest a good spot?

Alternatively, in the past I've also parked at Luton Parkway and caught the fast train to St. Pancras. The trains run back from St. Pancras quite late, so returning after the game shouldn't be an issue. Would this be a reasonable alternative to dodge any potential M25/circular Road issues?

Both Luton and Cockfosters will work but you're looking at up to 90 minutes travel in from there. If you use the M40 you could look at Hillingdon - it's right on the A40 just after passing the M25, has 280 spaces and you can get to Stamford Bridge in just over an hour. Ive never use dit but it looks a good bet. There will be other tube stations along that corridor you could use as well.

As it's inside the M25 is your car OK to enter the ULEZ zone? If not it's a £12.50 fee.

1 hour ago, only2garners said:

Both Luton and Cockfosters will work but you're looking at up to 90 minutes travel in from there. If you use the M40 you could look at Hillingdon - it's right on the A40 just after passing the M25, has 280 spaces and you can get to Stamford Bridge in just over an hour. Ive never use dit but it looks a good bet. There will be other tube stations along that corridor you could use as well.

As it's inside the M25 is your car OK to enter the ULEZ zone? If not it's a £12.50 fee.

Thanks O2G!

5 hours ago, Ray-Von said:

I'd be really grateful for a bit of local knowledge for travelling down to this one.

Work patterns and the college timetable of my lad mean that going on the coaches is a non-starter, so I'm going to drive down early afternoon, park at a tube station on the outskirts and go from there. 

Previously, Cockfosters was always a good bet for Arsenal/West Ham but ideally i'd like somewhere over the M40/A40 corridor. Can anyone suggest a good spot?

Alternatively, in the past I've also parked at Luton Parkway and caught the fast train to St. Pancras. The trains run back from St. Pancras quite late, so returning after the game shouldn't be an issue. Would this be a reasonable alternative to dodge any potential M25/circular Road issues?

Another option is Westfield shopping centre in Shepherds Bush

24 hrs is £15 used it for this year's FA Cup Final, so I am sure cheaper for less, easy tube journey from there

40 minutes ago, rigger said:

Again, shouldn't the club have put the tickets on general sale last week, then when they are sold out, they could ask Chelsea for more.

Couldn't get any more as Chelsea had already started selling them in the Shed End next to the Rovers fans.

We stated to Chelsea at the beginning that we didn't want any more than 3k.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 1

On 17/10/2023 at 12:13, only2garners said:

Talking to a Burnley fan earlier, he's paid £15  to park on someone's drive, on top of the ulez charge, that's for Brentford. Seemed like a good option, although I did ask him why he's bothering. 

• Like 2

Looks like Rovers have got it wrong again on the tickets.

Could have had more, yet took the low allocation, promptly sold out and now leave fans disappointed.

Of course it is always a gamble, could have taken a bigger allocation and not sold out but it just reflects to me the 'play it safe' mentality of those making these decisions, rather than aim high and try to sell a big allocation instead they aim low and then leave people disappointed at missing out.

Sold out with nearly 2 weeks to go before the game tells me there will be a lot of people missing out here.

4 hours ago, JHRover said:

Could have had more, yet took the low allocation, promptly sold out and now leave fans disappointed.

Of course it is always a gamble, could have taken a bigger allocation and not sold out but it just reflects to me the 'play it safe' mentality of those making these decisions, rather than aim high and try to sell a big allocation instead they aim low and then leave people disappointed at missing out.

Sold out with nearly 2 weeks to go before the game tells me there will be a lot of people missing out here.

We have gone from one of the best run clubs in England to a friggin laughing stock.  How stupid our leaders are.  We seem to like to step over Dollars to pick up Dimes.

Also, does anyone else think that our "cups" eleven look to play JDT style football better than a lot of the 1st team he olays for th2e league.  Should bode well no?

Edited by USABlue
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, JHRover said:

Is there a more out of touch , useless big wig in world sport ? 

And to think manure think they have it bad.