BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Leicester City (h) - 01/10/23

3 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

It was in the end. It wasn't for most of the game as everyone who watched it has said. 

I watched it and I thought Leicester always had another gear if necessary. We flattered to deceive and looked likely to concede every time they attacked.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Thought 4-1 flattered them - and overall we played well. Obvious issues in defence for their first goal, second was Premiership class, third - yes a penalty but the guy is over 6ft and dives so easily it is untrue, 4th goal pressing to get back in game though thought keeper could have been quicker to close down shot.

For all the stick the defence will get - our decision making in the final third was woefull at times - possibly highlighting the lack of a centre forward. Gallagher will get better and better the longer this goes on.

Agreed on the score line flattering them.

We create lots of opportunities, but like you say, our decision making in the final third often lets us down. 

Siggy will get better and I thought Moran looked class. 

Gally, HL and Ennis being injured obviously isn't helping. 

I think we'll get better as the season goes on. 

• Like 2

Defensive horror show for the entire game. Absolutely toothless up the other end too.

Adam Wharton was our best player by some distance for the first 60 or so minutes. He’s expected to pick the ball up in tight positions, turn and get us playing, and start creating things from just in front of the back 4. He was doing it well today until every player in front of him started tiring/getting marked out of the game/lost interest. He is also left ridiculously exposed in this current system.

We need personnel changes in the defence. JRC has to play. The number of goals we have shipped since he has been out of the team is horrifying. One or both of Carter or Hyam deserves dropping now. Carter is taking a lot of stick today (deservedly), but seeing Hyam chasing strikers to the halfway line and being taken out of the game with a simple pass is far too regular an occurrence. We badly need someone who can organise in there, Hill has shown this in brief glimpses.

We basically played 5 attacking midfielders and no striker today. Only Moran (clear MOTM) really did anything. Sigurdsson still getting up to speed, Szmodics had a real off day. Markanday was back to slowing down play, causing attacks to stall, and making bad decisions. Dolan did pretty well when he came on.

Annoyed with most of the players, the manager, the sick notes (Gallagher and Ennis), the board, and especially the owners today.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, harryhealless1928 said:

To answer Mr.Gussets question, my answer would be to do some work in training on 1.defending and 2.changing the tactics so we sometimes have 3 in the middle and offer protection to the back line & goalie.

We cant play Harrogate or Cardiff every week unfortunately.

By the same token, we don't play Leicester every week. 

My question was really, that if he continues to play the way he is and doesn't make the tactical changes you state, do you think he should be replaced? 

Edited by Sweaty Gussets

44 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Fair comment from the Foxes board -

Great result and the quality in this squad at this level is clearly unfair. Thought we were comfortably second best between both boxes but apart from the press at the start of the game, just far better in the areas that mattered.  

Blackburn shouldn’t stay down where they are for the quality of some of their play and how well drilled they are tactically. Wouldn’t be surprised to see someone take JDT soon as he’s not gonna get any investment there.

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/133015-blackburn-1-4-foxes-post-match-thread/?do=findComment&comment=7111469

"Score line was harsh on Blackburn they are the best side we have played so far."

Feel like we've already heard that from opposition fans in most of the games we've lost this season. Light praise when they're just walking through our defence. 

• Like 2

It's a really tough system for our 2 centre backs to play in i don't envy them one bit it's making them look bad at times and they aren't.

If we had Ryan Nelson and Chris Samba in there we'd probably be top of the league, but we haven't.

56 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

They spent over 4 million on Jude Bellingham’s brother . Different level to a German 4th tier gamble

£10m on Jack Clarke too. Can’t compare the two. I said the German 4th tier was the level of Spennymoor and some tried to claim it was a Bundesliga signing (lol). 

Venkys killing us one cut at a time. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

I can't bring myself to comment on the game or the situation the club is in, as it simply angers me a great deal. The way I feel about the owners, their lapdogs and their tosser agent friends, can't be put into words.

I felt from day one that this project would lead us to L1. We've had that toad Waggott come out and say "the aim is to avoid relegation". I fear he's going to get exactly the opposite of that. He and his bosses deserve nothing less. This club has felt cursed ever since they walked through the doors in 2010.

I just want to say how proud I am of Chris Sutton for dropping those truth bombs live on Sky. That's a proper Rovers player right there, he knows about standards at Rovers and he knows bullshit when he hears it.

He was absolutely spot on with what he said. In a nutshell:

JDT hasn't been backed, despite repeated requests for strikers. We've got a CEO talking about avoiding relegation. The ambition at the club is not good enough. We're looking at a development team and asking a development team to win promotion. It simply isn't good enough.

Hearing Sutton speak like that hit me. That's one of 'our own', back from when the club was healthy, saying it how it is. This has got nothing to do with entitlement before some smart arse tries to come out with that crap.

It's quite simply a disgrace what these bastards have been allowed to do to the football club. I don't give a shit about their £20m yearly bill. That does not mean we should silently put up with all of this. Something needs to happen, to get these owners out.

10/10

3 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Leicester boss says we are the team they’ve faced this season.

I’m sick of hearing it. I’d prefer “ They’re a shower of dirty bastards who kicked us off the pitch !” 

Do we have to fill in the missing word Paul ? I’d go for “ easiest “.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 8

3 minutes ago, harryhealless1928 said:

The answer to the question" should JDT be replaced if results dont improve ?" is fairly irrelevant Id say. Simply because he wont be. 

Look how the Venkys let Mowbrays contract run out.

Sacking managers costs money and the purse strings have been tightened.

Mowbray wouldn’t dream of rocking the boat, at least until A week or so before his contract was up. If JDT turns the subtle digs into outright complaints he’ll go the same way as everyone else who has dared question the owners.

• Moderation Lead
6 minutes ago, Tugay-is-God said:

"Score line was harsh on Blackburn they are the best side we have played so far."

Feel like we've already heard that from opposition fans in most of the games we've lost this season. Light praise when they're just walking through our defence. 

I’m absolutely sick of hearing it tbf. I’m a big fan of JDT, but I’m getting tired of us being wide open. Bad defending and not scoring at the other end, usually has one result and it’s not success….

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Mowbray wouldn’t dream of rocking the boat, at least until A week or so before his contract was up. If JDT turns the subtle digs into outright complaints he’ll go the same way as everyone else who has dared question the owners.

i feel jdt will walk rather than be sacked,he`s not the sort to hang around picking up his wages,the guy is ambitious

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’m sick of hearing it. I’d prefer “ They’re a shower of dirty bastards who kicked us off the pitch !” 

I was passing on what I thought was an important viewpoint, without comment. 

I was at the game today and I thought we played some lovely football, but we’re beaten by a team with better players.  I caught myself thinking if we just had 15% larger budget and owners who cared about the club… so I can praise the players and understand the position we are in.

• Like 2

Playing attractive football going forward but being wide open on the break and shipping 3/4 every week doesn’t make you a ‘good side’. Opposing managers being a bit disingenuous with three points safely in the bag.

Though I do think we’ve enough to stay up… so job done Swag, and you can carry on thinking of other schemes to save a few pennies. 

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'm sure we haven't been the easiest team they've played, unless he's lying.

• Like 2