BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry City (a) - 4/10/2023

7 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Let’s put it this way - if we’d have known he was going to be missing for the first 3 months of the season should we have still signed him ? Knowing all along that Gally is only a nose bleed away from going missing for a month or two at the same time.

Well yeah either the medical wasn't done properly, despite the what professor doctor Chadwick says. Or it was done properly and we signed him anyway, in which case, wtf?

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Given even the dogs in the street knew about his fitness history at Plymouth you would have thought he would have been given the fitness test to end all fitness tests. Maybe it was the fitness test that knackered him up ?

Maybe it was and then the results reflected in the terms he was offered. 

Edited by AllRoverAsia

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

why should Procter be sack? Ennis passed all the medical tests

There are medicals and there are medicals ranging from the 'can he walk' to the most stringent.

Parts of medical judgements are subjective - it's down to the judgement of the practitioner.  Why do you think Rovers sought a second opinion on Hedges' injury?

And then you have the competence and abilities of the medical practitioners.   The competence and abilities of doctors and physiotherapists, as in most fields of life, vary widely.  I've seen two physios over recent times - one was abysmal and the other one was superb.

Perhaps Rovers should review their medical screenings because it would seem Ennis was signed when he was far from fit enough to start and complete a full 90 minutes and it would seem we will be 3 months into the season before he might, and I think it's a big might, be ready to complete 90 minutes.

Rovers simply can't afford players on 3 or 4 year contracts who are unfit for purpose.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Due to the terrible window and increasing injury list, we're now in a position where Tomasson is rushing Ennis back into the squad.

What could possibly go wrong?

I'd be more worried about Siggurdson, it's a big workload at the moment, last thing we want is him breaking down again. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

Well perhaps Proctor needs sacking as his judgement seems awry!  Seems he was never going to be ready for the season's start - farcical.

Perhaps Proctor said don't sign him. He's not fit. And got overruled by Pune/Swag/ etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

There are medicals and there are medicals ranging from the 'can he walk' to the most stringent.

I'm sure Andy Proctor and Chris Dalton would do these medicals properly as always. 

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Parts of medical judgements are subjective - it's down to the judgement of the practitioner.  Why do you think Rovers sought a second opinion on Hedges' injury?

You tell me Dr Mercer seems you seem to know? 

• Like 1

Can only assume Ennis was signed with the expectation that they could resolve whatever injury issues he has/had and get him up to speed. Obviously, there is a potential risk to that.

His latest injury was an impact one he received during the Hull game wasn't it? So not a recurrence of his original injury.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Can only assume Ennis was signed with the expectation that they could resolve whatever injury issues he has/had and get him up to speed. Obviously, there is a potential risk to that.

His latest injury was an impact one he received during the Hull game wasn't it? So not a recurrence of his original injury.

Some players get injured a lot because they're never fully fit.

And they're never fully fit,because they get injured all the time.

I suspect that Ennis is in this category.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I'm sure Andy Proctor and Chris Dalton would do these medicals properly as always. 

You tell me Dr Mercer seems you seem to know? 

As I posted Chaddy, in all professions and vocations there are those who are poor at their job, those who are average at their job and those who excel in their job.  Most roles in life include a degree of subjective judgement and those who excel in their jobs get most of those judgement calls right.

I am sure messrs Proctor and Dalton perform their roles to the best of their ability but that does not mean they make all the right subjective judgements.

I am sure Owen Coyle performed his role as Rovers' manager to the best of his ability but, IMO, he was found sadly wanting.

Just because an individual holds a certain position, it does not mean they excel at their job nor does it mean they are infallible in their judgement and decision making - IMO, our CEO, Waggott is a prime example.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mercer said:

As I posted Chaddy, in all professions and vocations there are those who are poor at their job, those who are average at their job and those who excel in their job.  Most roles in life include a degree of subjective judgement and those who excel in their jobs get most of those judgement calls right.

I am sure messrs Proctor and Dalton perform their roles to the best of their ability but that does not mean they make all the right subjective judgements.

I am sure Owen Coyle performed his role as Rovers' manager to the best of his ability but, IMO, he was found sadly wanting.

Just because an individual holds a certain position, it does not mean they excel at their job nor does it mean they are infallible in their judgement and decision making - IMO, our CEO, Waggott is a prime example.

I have nothing to add to my already posted comments made on medicals and Proctor/Dalton roles and job performance at Rovers. 

I think I have made my thoughts on Waggott more than clear on here and what I want like to see Rovers owners or any new owners do. 

back to the game, I think we will win 2-1 with Szmodics scoring. 

3 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Maybe it was and then the results reflected in the terms he was offered. 

We gave a guy with a poor history of being fit enough to play full or even 45 mins a 4 year contract so that kind of security to that kind of player is a no brainer for him.

I'd suggest that is why he jumped at the chance we can only hope his weekly wage reflects his fitness history. No doubt he's a decent forward with some goals in him but as it is we've just swapped a quality but expensive luxury guy in Dack for a cheaper alternative.

Who also can't cope with the JDT demands.

Edited by tomphil

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

Not ideal having a striker prone to impact injuries mind.

1 hour ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Some players get injured a lot because they're never fully fit.

And they're never fully fit,because they get injured all the time.

I suspect that Ennis is in this category.

He's got it all to prove, for sure. There is just the small ray of hope that because his current injury isn't related to his original one, we might just have that one sorted 🤞 

But at the minute, it looks like he's just going to be consistently injured. You could be right and he's just one of those players. 

2 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Not ideal having a striker prone to impact injuries mind.

Definitely not ideal.

• Like 1

Tough game tonight, mid-week away from home after a run of losses in a close space of time and a big injury list.

We're rightly decent underdogs, but a win would be massive ahead of a very winnable trip to QPR to get the season rolling.

Nothing to fear with Coventry, if we're playing as open as we have we just have to pray someone sticks a few in the net in the 1st half!

4 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Tomasson himself questioned the state of Ennis' fitness on arrival.

A simple V02 type test would have show this up, if indeed they bothered to do one.

So you think the medical team is now cutting corners?

Do you think the owners are instructing them to do so?

The reaction to some things on here is often mind-boggling.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Eddie said:

So you think the medical team is now cutting corners?

Do you think the owners are instructing them to do so?

The reaction to some things on here is often mind-boggling.

The head coach did question the state of him on arrival i'm not sure what is mind boggling about that.

• Like 1