BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry City (a) - 4/10/2023

8 minutes ago, Ricky said:

That team is very weak. Not a tackle to be seen in that midfield. Needed one of Garratt, Trav or even Tronstad in there to get a foot in. Can see us getting hammered here unfortunately 😞

JRC is a better tackler than Travis. A better football player too.

• Like 4

Only thing that concerns me is JRC in midfield seemingly, with Wharton, whilst Brittain plays at RB again. We've struggled defensively since JRC stopped playing there. Plus Brittain is injury prone and it was probably a good time to rest him for a match.

We also have Garrett and Tronstad more directly suited to replacing Travis.

3 hours ago, tomphil said:

We gave a guy with a poor history of being fit enough to play full or even 45 mins a 4 year contract so that kind of security to that kind of player is a no brainer for him.

I'd suggest that is why he jumped at the chance we can only hope his weekly wage reflects his fitness history. No doubt he's a decent forward with some goals in him but as it is we've just swapped a quality but expensive luxury guy in Dack for a cheaper alternative.

Who also can't cope with the JDT demands.

I suspect "low"* wages but long term were the contract terms that finally became ok with all the parties.

I'm sure he knows his fitness levels and injury concerns and that 4 years was a career saver to him.

I wish him well, but for our sake as I'm pig sick with Rovers being a rehab unit.

13 minutes ago, dallydally said:

Agreed. How the hell does Dolan make the squad never mind the starting lineup??

I'm still up as usual for this 1.45 am ko but seeing that name as a starter makes me consider fucking off to bed. I may still have a nightmare but at least I'll be asleep.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Only thing that concerns me is JRC in midfield seemingly, with Wharton, whilst Brittain plays at RB again. We've struggled defensively since JRC stopped playing there. Plus Brittain is injury prone and it was probably a good time to rest him for a match.

We also have Garrett and Tronstad more directly suited to replacing Travis.

Brittains been our best player this season. Has to start at either left or right back. 

It looks as if JDT has gone slightly more cautious although I wasn't expecting that lineup. Is it Hill in cm or JRC?

5 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I'm still up as usual for this 1.45 am ko but seeing that name as a starter makes me consider fucking off to bed. I may still have a nightmare but at least I'll be asleep.

Night night. Sleep tight.

1 minute ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Brittains been our best player this season. Has to start at either left or right back. 

It looks as if JDT has gone slightly more cautious although I wasn't expecting that lineup. Is it Hill in cm or JRC?

I think Szmodics has been easily our best player this season. Brittain has played well though since he came in. but it's a fact we've conceded more since then, by quite a lot I believe. Probably resulting in the team being stretched, or could be coincidence, but either way he is also no good to us if he gets injured due to playing too much. Not sure JRC and Wharton is the right combo in midfield either, or at least not to try for the first time when we're away, but we'll see.

• Backroom

A bit disappointing that Telelovic is rated below an AMC in the striker position. Oh well. Let's see what this team can do. I've seen ridiculous starting lineups many a time from old Tone and been surprised by the outcome. Hopefully tonight the same happens. 

Edited by DE.

20 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I suspect "low"* wages but long term were the contract terms that finally became ok with all the parties.

I'm sure he knows his fitness levels and injury concerns and that 4 years was a career saver to him.

I wish him well, but for our sake as I'm pig sick with Rovers being a rehab unit.

He had a deal on offer at Plymouth and from his interview he turned down other interest to come here

Edited by islander200

3 minutes ago, Spankus Munky said:

How about we see how the game goes before decrying a bloody starting lineup.

It’s a forum revolving on opinions. Otherwise just shut the thread completely.

Some people think the line up is odd. Some don’t.  But if you don’t say what you think when it’s announced what’s the point of this board? 

Edited by Hasta