BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry City (a) - 4/10/2023

15 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

coventry are their for the taking,a shadow of the side they were,without hamer and gyokeres,with a measured approach we`ll be winning here

They're not looking very potent but are a solid side that's difficult to break down. We have to stay patient and try and expose McFadzean on the break.

18 hours ago, Penwortham Blue said:

I would like to see Tronstad get a game. I’m not a great fan of Travis, he is far too inconsistent, and I can’t understand why he plays the more advanced role. I realise he can’t take it on the half turn but what is he ever going to give us further forward, he just doesn’t have the creativity or goals in his locker.

He still has 2 assists in the league, there are only 6 players in the Championship with more assists (none of them play for us).

I think most of you have highlighted our glaring problems at the back. 

All the more astonishing as JDT had a very illustrious career with A,C,Milan reaching the absolute pinnacles of European competition. Catenaccio football was far more the order of the day.

He MUST understand how to set up a team so that the opponents dont get 2 dozen chances every game. 

We know how the Owen Coyle style of defending ends. This is baffling to me??

2 hours ago, Torgeir said:

They're not looking very potent but are a solid side that's difficult to break down. We have to stay patient and try and expose McFadzean on the break.

They've scored 10 and conceded 9 in their last 5. 

We've scored 12 and conceded 14 in our last 5. 

Neither side have failed to score or managed to keep a clean sheet in those.

Coventry to win and BTTS is 13/5. 

Guaranteed if I put that on Coventry will win 3-0. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I think both of the centre backs look really poor but my point is that both were very good last year when they were being adequately protected and I feel like any of the 4 would struggle in the current tactics.

Agree with this. The issue is with gaping hole in our midfield because our third midfielder Szmodics is playing so high up the field then at best one of our defenders is playing midfield, usually two of them so we are outnumbered at the back. So with the two at the back overloaded mistakes will happen.

Even with the world's best defender and keeper will struggle playing effectively 4-3-3 but in reality that formation is 3-2-1-4 or even at times 2-2-2-4 or even against Sunderland in the 2nd half 2-1-3-4.

It would be great if we had forwards who could take chances but we haven't.

31 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

They've scored 10 and conceded 9 in their last 5. 

We've scored 12 and conceded 14 in our last 5. 

Neither side have failed to score or managed to keep a clean sheet in those.

Coventry to win and BTTS is 13/5. 

Guaranteed if I put that on Coventry will win 3-0. 

BTTS FH has been a good one for us lately...

• Like 2

Taking him after just one training session

JDT at the presser: “"[Niall] Ennis trained for first time with the group today. Normally we wouldn’t bring him but he will travel to Coventry because we are stretched. I think he’s very happy with it, but a little surprised. He did really well before he got injured."

Just shows just how thin the squad is. What a dreadful window example #45.

5 hours ago, harryhealless1928 said:

I think most of you have highlighted our glaring problems at the back. 

All the more astonishing as JDT had a very illustrious career with A,C,Milan reaching the absolute pinnacles of European competition. Catenaccio football was far more the order of the day.

He MUST understand how to set up a team so that the opponents dont get 2 dozen chances every game. 

We know how the Owen Coyle style of defending ends. This is baffling to me??

he could be trying to get himself sacked????his obvious dislike of waggot could be a deciding factor in the next few weeks

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

he could be trying to get himself sacked????his obvious dislike of waggot could be a deciding factor in the next few weeks

Or less of a wild theory. He has been working towards how he (or Broughton, a problem with having this structure is it can mean a manager is expected to play a certain style) wants to play and is reluctant/too stubborn to change that idea in any way even if it works better in theory than in practice.

• Backroom

If we do batter someone I think it'll be at Ewood, like Cardiff in the cup, not an away game. I know we beat Harrogate 8-0 away, but it was Harrogate.

All I want from this game is proof that we're working to address our defensive problems. I'd very happily take a 0-0 as a sign of progress in that area. A scrappy 1-0 win, even better. 

• Like 1

We have to start tightening up things at the back. I'm not bothered if that comes at the expense of creating chances, because we always have a chance of nicking a goal. But if we leak more than we score, as has become the Championship custom, we are destined for a League One reunion rather sooner than any of us would care to contemplate.

Gimme a run of three or four solid no goal bore draws, and then it might at least feel like we know how to defend. I'm starting to get all Dr. Who* when we give the ball away

COYB

JDT - sort it out man!

* hiding behind the sofa with my eyes covered.

37 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

We've lost 4 out of the last 5, conceding 15 goals in the process.

I dread to think what playing poorly would look like.

Whilst you're not wrong, I don't think there's any disputing that we've played well in the vast majority of those games.

Results are the important bit, but we can't ignore the performances.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Andy said:

Whilst you're not wrong, I don't think there's any disputing that we've played well in the vast majority of those games.

11 minutes ago, Andy said:

We have played well going forward, but atrocious in defence, the second part also cannot be ignored. And when I say defence I mean the entire team.

Edited by rigger

46 minutes ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

I'm starting to get all Dr. Who* when we give the ball away

* hiding behind the sofa with my eyes covered.

How young you are. In my day I hid behind the sofa during "The Quatermass Experiment".  😱