BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Watford (h) 23/12/23

• Backroom
3 hours ago, Mike Graham said:

Whilst dropping off our stuff in the Fanzone yesterday Duncan and I asked about corporate and were told it is “very full”.  I don’t know how that equates to numbers.

I sat in corporate for the Leeds game and the compere said we had just under 1500 across the Premier Suite and Jack’s Kitchen, if that’s any reference?

11 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

Yes, very well .... lovely man, he was my first Coach at u16's at Blackburn, together with John Whitney, who went on to work for Rovers for years, after retiring from the police. John passed away in July of last year ...

He was my teacher in the eighties was Ted. Rugby mad too and I know he played at Blackburn RUFC.

Very brave too, as I know he carried on working after his MND diagnosis.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, lraC said:

He was my teacher in the eighties was Ted. Rugby mad too and I know he played at Blackburn RUFC.

Very brave too, as I know he carried on working after his MND diagnosis.

He asked me to run with a rugby ball across the field but I'd no idea he was using me to demonstrate how to bring a player down in a game. It was a clean tackle.

Great teacher.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Liverpool and Man Utd have been the clubs of choice with Asian lads long before Mo Salah. Football is very, very popular with the Asian community of Blackburn, just not Blackburn Rovers. That has to change, but it’s going to be a slow road.

Remember nipping to Ewood one morning years ago to get some tickets about 11 am and seeing 4 car loads of Asian lads heading out of town with Liverpool scarves out the windows and them all kitted up inside.

They were at home in an early kick off, sickening stuff but it's too ingrained in this area to go away.  Plenty scruffy looking white lads troop around the boro in various red rag shirts as well. Mainly stems back to the 80's glory hunting and 90's SKY hype era despite us being good as well.

Got to work hard on future generations from all communities but pricing them out has bad consequences down the line when the only attraction to supporting the club is because it's local.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

Yep! But I'm going for a 1 nil win. Siggy to do the business and celebrate his new contract!

All the favorable results we’ve had against Watford recently, I’d love to say win; but most of those Rovers who scored in those games are out injured. 

COYB! Do the improbable! 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, tomphil said:

Swings and roundabouts if they were more successful then they'd obviously have a bigger active fanbase, didnt they have top flight spells in the 70's and 80's unlike us ?

Where did they all fook off to when they were struggling later on ?

So not “never” then. They averaged around 20,000 for three consecutive seasons in Div 2 when they were pushing for promotion under Ian Greaves, at a time when crowds were much lower, because they have a bigger latent support which turns up in good times than do we, which for them is right now again.

• Like 1

Mad how many injuries we have. Even a decent squad would feel this many never mind our threadbare. You could make a full starting line up of injured players. 

Wonder if he'll be forced to 3 at the back. 

Leo

Carter Hyam Wharton

Hill                                       Moran

Siggy   Wharton  Tronstadt

Ennis  Leonard

2 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto Mk2 said:

So not “never” then. They averaged around 20,000 for three consecutive seasons in Div 2 when they were pushing for promotion under Ian Greaves, at a time when crowds were much lower, because they have a bigger latent support which turns up in good times than do we, which for them is right now again.

Right about turning up when winning but wrong about bigger latent support as cherry picking a few seasons in the 80's aside that doesn't stack up.

Cheap season tickets combined with fresh hands on ownership and a team that should be winning promotion is what has given them the shot in the arm to get what they are getting now.  If they hadn't done cheap STs they'd be averaging thousands less and if at some point in recent times we'd done a similar deal we'd be averaging thousands more.

There is nothing more to it than that except a denser immediate catchment area which obviously helps a bit.

16 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

.... BBE so!d out btw.

Yep, there will be a few walk-ups surprised they have to settle for the Riverside...

For me, the Riverside is the best viewing experience in the ground...

Estimated crowd? 

20,000? 

Need our creative boys to turn up today...

C O Y B  !

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, garnersfags said:

Yep, there will be a few walk-ups surprised they have to settle for the Riverside...

For me, the Riverside is the best viewing experience in the ground...

Estimated crowd? 

20,000? 

Need our creative boys to turn up today...

C O Y B  !

Is that because of you are in it you can't see it? 😜

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Prerty mad selection, I think it must be 343 with Travis and Garrett playing wing backs?

Leo

Carter.    Hyam.    S Wharton

Travis.    Tronstad.   Wharton.   Garrett

Moran.      Ennis.   Sigurdsson 

Makes more sense than the Beeb's 4-2-3-1 with Hyam left back and Garrett number 10.

Beyond Hill, looking at Markanday and Leonard as the seasoned old heads available off the bench. 🙃

Going to have to be clinical in front of goal.