BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v West Bromwich Albion (a) - 13/1/24

2 minutes ago, Hasta said:

West Brom had a guy go clean through near the end of that half then and Wharton was just jogging back behind him. He could see the danger right in front of him and just watched him, then hardly bust a gut to get to him. How the hell can you watch that and think Wharton is better than Travis in defensive midfield off the ball?

Still thinks he playing down the LFA....Academy kids mate , none playing for their mortgages 

Fucking joke

16 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Iv'e been biting my lip on this for a while but HYam has been absolute gash this season he is way overrated here on the back of a handful of good performances over a season and a half.

The thing you need from a centre half is consistency and organisation and he's never delivered either.

Agreed. He showed at the business end of last season that he hasn't got what it takes. Crumbled when the pressure was on. Trying to calm the Blackburn End down as he couldn't handle a bit of stick.

Captain material? Not a chance. We've looked even worse at the back since his return to the side.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

I guess when the players found out Szmodics was being left out in the transfer window, they just thought "fuck it, we're done".

Szmodics is out through Illness 

2 minutes ago, Mars Rover said:

I refuse to believe Travis asked to go out on loan, just as I refuse to believe JDT asked for him to be shipped out.

This is 100% a cost-cutting exercise of the kind that has been biting the club firmly on the arse all season.

JDT has said Travis asked to leave in the summer and in October 

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Wahstedt not good enough for the 3rd goal, should be holding onto the ball 

why would he signed off? GB and JDT signed transfers off

what a load of rubbish that comment is. JDT hasn't lost the dressing room but the squad need signings and a boast to the squad. 

JDT is going nowhere. This squad need signings. Simple as

Go on gonna bite .

How do you know the dressing ain't lost . ..

14 minutes ago, BigBar said:

I rate him, put him in a decent side with a solid keeper and you have a top championship CB. 

Yes when you have everything around him to protect him.

He's not a bad player but like i said he rated by some a lot higher than he should be he is a one great game in 10 defender with the rest being average or piss poor.

Not good enough but a general reflection on the whole set up.

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

really? Mowbray and Bowyer couldn't do any better despite having proven goalscorers like Rhodes and Gestede or Graham, Dack, Armstrong and BBD. 

Those 2 were shit as well. As was that Voldemort character. Plus all the other shit managers we’ve had under this Indian mob. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Agreed. He showed at the business end of last season that he hasn't got what it takes. Crumbled when the pressure was on. Trying to calm the Blackburn End down as he couldn't handle a bit of stick.

Captain material? Not a chance. We've looked even worse at the back since his return to the side.

He's had a few digs at fans and he strikes me as one who is here because his club sold him and he is being paid well to be here.

I don't think it was a move by much choice on his part but he isn't my cup of tea as a player or character.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, roversinmyblood said:

It’s because they can’t trust the goalkeeper. 

..I wish ! If the keeper was our only problem that’s solvable…but the lack of leadership , direction and an inability  to set up a defence is not solvable with Mr Tommason . 

22 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Iv'e been biting my lip on this for a while but HYam has been absolute gash this season he is way overrated here on the back of a handful of good performances over a season and a half.

The thing you need from a centre half is consistency and organisation and he's never delivered either.

Absolutely.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, booth said:

Wanting Travis in the team and solve our problems is like expecting Gallagher is going to come back and start knocking them in regularly.

They both needed replacing long before this manager came along.

As for the formation, I've seen Travis play as one of 2 holding mids and we were shit then too. I think the only answer is to have owners who actually give a shit. Actually, we had owners who couldn't give a shit before Venkys, but they had the decency to employ people who did give a shit in their absence. And that's the difference.

Exactly, people fucking wank on and on about how the taps have been turned off with these shihouses but the Walkers Trust had turned them off for years before they sold it and the club was still.a top 10 Premier League outfit. 

Within a couple of years our losses went from 3-5m to 15-20m and people don't think there's anything suspicious about that?

They're up to summat dodgy and only cunts in the mould of maggot can be trusted to keep quiet about it whilst collecting their pay cheques

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, booth said:

Wanting Travis in the team and solve our problems is like expecting Gallagher is going to come back and start knocking them in regularly.

They both needed replacing long before this manager came along.

As for the formation, I've seen Travis play as one of 2 holding mids and we were shit then too. I think the only answer is to have owners who actually give a shit. Actually, we had owners who couldn't give a shit before Venkys, but they had the decency to employ people who did give a shit in their absence. And that's the difference.

No offence but your fix might take a while to implement. Changing formation takes a week. I agree the owners are shit and the transfer windows have been shit. But JDT is not even rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic he is sitting on them saying "the band are still playing" 

25 minutes ago, sharpysharps86 said:

JDT has imploded as Rovers head coach at this point. We all know that he has been dealt a really bad hand with recruitment, and injuries haven't helped, but at this point we just seem to be playing kamikaze football without a goalkeeper.

I'm afraid this is only going to get worse. Many will point to the fact that Rovers have one of the lowest wage budgets, lowest transfer budgets and most inexperienced squads.....and they're right to do so. BUT these tactics are not helping.

We all know that this starts and ends with the owners, but right now its about staying in the league. JDT doesn't appear to be the man to do it.

What you are all missing the point of is he’s been instructed to get these kids to learn to play this way. That is his only remit and the next guy will do the same and I’m guessing worse 

26 minutes ago, waynerovers said:

Can we stop with the relegation hyperbole. We're ten points above the relegation zone, closer in points to 6th than we are 22nd. We've had a bad string of results, it happens to most teams throughout the season but talk of relegation is extremely premature, so give your heads a wobble.

There is nothing Hyperbole about conceding the most goals in the league and expecting to be nearer the bottom of the table than anywhere else.

Without sounding like a massive aftertimer (it will though)…I’ve never really bought into the Hyam hype that he gets from Rovers fans. 
Weak as piss, not vocal, doesn’t seem like a leader (could be wrong), absolutely horrendous at dealing with anything slung into the box or if it gets scrappy in the box.

Having said all that, we didn’t particularly look any better at the back when he was out, and it can’t be easy with whatever you want to call the person in the nets (he’s certainly not a goalkeeper) behind you. 

Playing for safety now and I guess the hope of an FA Cup run if we continue to get lower league opponents. 

3 minutes ago, J*B said:

Perma banned. One of the strangest accounts I’ve seen on here in years and my patience is at an all time low. 

In fairness it explains why Moran was doing naff all on the pitch, he was posting into brfcs under the username of gazza1981!

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

Go on gonna bite .

How do you know the dressing ain't lost . ..

my opinion based on what I have seen all season and the problem is this squad need help in terms of new signings 

6 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Has Travis confirmed this?

does he have to for you believe? 

5 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Those 2 were shit as well. As was that Voldemort character. Plus all the other shit managers we’ve had under this Indian mob. 

baffling comment but I bite tho, lets say JDT is gone tonight who you replacing him with?