BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Wrexham (h) - FA Cup - 29/1/24, 7:30pm

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

Wrexhams keeper is a perfect example of what’s below us 

When people slag Leo off, who hasn’t played well, they should look at this guy to know just how many leagues above both our keepers are

When you go down the football pyramid the standard of keeping shows the biggest skill gap

We're not playing in League Two though, people are judging him by Championship standards. 

1 minute ago, bazza said:

That double save by Pears was crucial. All playing well except Sigurdsson. He is not the same quality as the rest.

He was good after injury but something is hindering him maybe tactics...

7 minutes ago, superniko said:

A bit slow and weak to start but responded  well to the goal (with thanks to their keeper)

That's literally the opposite of how it went? We started well, could have been 2 or 3 up before we let them score a sloppy goal from our end. Then we looked awful for ages, until about a minute before scoring. Although we did well since then, if that's the goal you meant we responded well to?

1 minute ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I’d like to see Siggy in a number 10 role. I personally don’t think he’s a winger and he certainly isn’t a LB.

Misses a yard of pace for this level and forces him inside.  Until we have an overlapping left back you're then left with a repetitive and easy issue to deal with as a full back 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I’d like to see Siggy in a number 10 role. I personally don’t think he’s a winger and he certainly isn’t a LB.

He isn't a winger. I don't know what he is, except he's not very good. 

• Like 2

At least Sigurdsson is getting involved even if not everything is coming off. I can’t remember Moran doing anything in this match. Heard so many good things about him but I can’t see what all the fuss is about. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Roverthechimp said:

Sigurdsson playing LB or?

LWB. Think we are

Pears

JRC.     Hyam.  Wharton

Dolan.  Garret.   Moran.  Tronstad.  Sigurdsson

Gallagher.  Szmodics

352 with Dolan and Sigurdsson playing wing back is pretty punchy. But its working!

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tugay-is-God said:

Fair play to the pundits pointing out that Pears should've done better for their goal

I wouldn't even say that myself, and I'd have to be counted as a Pears critic. I'd say a better keeper like Kaminski might save it, probably about 30% of the time. Mostly from having a longer reach though.