BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Wrexham (h) - FA Cup - 29/1/24, 7:30pm

1 minute ago, neophox said:

Agreed....Venkys could had used Rovers better in India as it has the biggest population in the World.....poor business there.

Depends, if you're running some dodgy money laundering operation or whatever then that sort of attention is the last thing you want.

All speculation of course.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, yankfan said:

Wrexham prove that with just a little bit of marketing to make a club seems cool, even a shite side like that can sell kits, generate sponsorships and sell tickets. Do you know how much more drama and interest there would be if there was a documentary following the shot show that’s BRFC?   

Having a megastar Hollywood owner and another fairly famous Hollywood owner helps all that though. They don't have to put much in because their owners already have profile and understand showmanship. It would take much more effort here, and of course we also lack the competence.

I'm really, really fucking glad there isn't a documentary following BRFC, it would be highly embarassing under this lot. It wouldn't sell tickets and shirts, probably the opposite. Although with the conceivable advantage that the humiliation might shame Venkys into selling, which would make it worthwhile.

• Like 2

Tronstad's joy when the 4th went in was worth the two hours in the pub on its own.

Very good performance and if those final balls come good we are going to murder a much better opposition than Wrexham.

Pears has come back as a real keeper by the look 9f things so far. Ok a PL level keeper stops the Wrexham goal but Pears looks to have used his lay off to good effect.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Depends, if you're running some dodgy money laundering operation or whatever then that sort of attention is the last thing you want.

All speculation of course.

Wolf of wall street made Belfort a pretty sum. 

38 minutes ago, benhben said:

He's begging for a goal. A worrying thing watching him is that he never seems to be in the right place at the right time. Desperate for some confidence. 

I don't watch him and think he's absolute gash though, which I got watching Hirst last year..and Leonard/Ennis this year. 

He needs to be more selfish and shoot more often. 

• Like 1

Love Tronstad 

Proper old school centre midfielder

Telavovic looked to have quality when he came on, seems a clever player

Szmodics is a real Rovers players that represents everything the club stands for hope he's here for many years to come. 

(i also now think it would be suicide to sell gallagher in this window) 

• Like 3

Very good interview from JDT at the end, you wonder what he might be able to do if he'd received the same sort of backing Mowbray had. It would be nice to think he could survive until after the financial issues are resolved, Waggott is potted or retires and we get a decent DOF in.

Sadly I doubt he will see any of the above.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Szmodics is a real Rovers players that represents everything the club stands for hope he's here for many years to come. 

When swag/the egg are at the helm it’ll be a good few days before they sell. 

Dolan like a breath of fresh air, The work rate and how he finds those pockets of space. For me the link up play between Gally and Sammi was a joy to watch. Definitely been worked on and a great first goal. Another few nearly come off too

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, neophox said:

After watching this .... cant believe how poor Maidstone may be and the won at Ipswich...

Did you watch the highlights? Ipswich were unlucky tbh. They hit the woodwork I think three times, their keeper played a blinder, and Maidstone only had two shots all game, which they put away (one of them was a very good finish). Just one of those once in a half a century convergences of factors and fortune. Literally once in a half century, a team from that level hasn't progressed to the 5th round since the 70s.

• Like 3

Great result, hopefully a confidence boost now going into the league games. Saturdays game against QPR is massive. I thought Moran at the start of the season looked really good, dipped the last month or so but can see there is a player in there. Need to keep Gally and JRC fit now for the rest of season, huge performances from them tonight. 

52 minutes ago, deanives said:

Has anyone mentioned about what sigurdsson actually brings to the team? He doesn't seem to bring anything that we actually need, like he did when he first came into the team

i saw him a few times totally unmarked and nobody passed to him. I agree with those who feel he is a better #10

Really enjoyable evening tonight, glad I went - and over 18k on the gate is pretty exceptional for a wet Monday evening cup game, against League 2 opposition.

I'd be repeating what most have already said about who performed well, but I did think Dolan looked very good in the first half in particular.
Good to see Sonny get his first for the club also.

Into the last 16 we go.

• Like 2