BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

38 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

gally is`nt worth anything like what brereton was worth before we let him walk away,we`ll be lucky to get half a million for him

Leonard is twice the player of Gally. Getting his wages off the books likely worth more than we’d get in a transfer fee 

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Being in discussions with Fadz and Fleck pretty.much confirms we have 0 budget to play with.

As good as Fadz was, he was a short term sticking plaster and we won't move on if we are retaining players of his age. 

Signing Fleck back up is beyond barrell scraping and comfortably one of the biggest waste of wages/budget we could do.

Terrifying, isn't it?

It's going to be another awful summer. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I'm really surprised Saadi has been offered a new deal. He is 22 and has spent time in loan at the likes of Marine. If he accepts I think he will be on peanuts but given our financial situation I think it's money wasted. Isaac Whitehall has been offered a new deal but I think he has something to offer despite spending nigh on two seasons injured. Similarly Alex Baker has been out injured for a long time and like Whitehall is clearly being offered a deal to prove his fitness. In light of these two I really don't understand letting Sam Barnes go. Surely he too should be given a chance to prove his fitness. Frankly I'm amazed that Fleck has been offered a deal.

The only deal that should be offered to Fleck should come from Stephen Mulhern

2 minutes ago, yankfan said:

Leonard is twice the player of Gally. Getting his wages off the books likely worth more than we’d get in a transfer fee 

shows our ambition when he are giving another year to a striker who does`nt score many,can`t head a football despite being 6"4 ,has the first touch of a sunday league player and is injured a lot

• Like 4

Don't understand offering Fleck a new deal with his previous injury record.  It was a gamble that didn't pay off.  

Interesting that Saadi has been offered a new deal.  I think he was on the way out last summer and has only featured in one Under-23 game this season.  I always thought he had potential but having been frozen out for a year it seems a strange one.  Also very surprised that Charlie Weston has been released - he looked very goods earlier this year.

No surprises with the rest.  Gally and Dolan were always going to have their options taken up and I'm sure they are keen to do a deal with McFadzean.  Feel very sorry for Barnes and Fyles but injuries really have hit them hard.  Sadly, Lenni seemed to lose his way once he got on the fringe of the first team.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

The meeting did take place in March and was promptly adjourned until August. Rovers then released a statement that as a result of that meeting that there remained only ‘technical and procedural’ matters remaining that ‘should’ have no impact on the funding of Rovers going forward. 

people can choose what to believe

If the word should was replaced with has, then that would make sense. The statement from the club reading like this would make me believe they could still send funds. 

Following on from the adjournment of the court hearing again and a postponement until August, the owners have confirmed that there are only technical and procedural matters to now be resolved. This has now resulted in the owners being immediately able to commence funding and once the hearing takes place in August, this WILL be rubber stamped. 
That would be nice and clear, but as we stand right now, with the statement released by the club, the word should being used and no owner funding having been made since November, I still have serious doubts. 
You are quite right though, people can choose to believe what they like. 

• Like 1

Think this is another indicator that suggests that Fleck was indeed Maggot's signing. If Fleck had any decency, he would walk away and retire or agree a very low pay-as-you-play deal. Anything else and it is more than suspicious. I'm not a fan of McFadzean and wouldn't re-sign him, but I can at least see the argument for it.  

Offering Fleck a new deal, and also tells us what aisle we'll be shopping in - the quick-sale and rejects row. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Don't understand offering Fleck a new deal with his previous injury record.  It was a gamble that didn't pay off.  

Interesting that Saadi has been offered a new deal.  I think he was on the way out last summer and has only featured in one Under-23 game this season.  I always thought he had potential but having been frozen out for a year it seems a strange one.  Also very surprised that Charlie Weston has been released - he looked very goods earlier this year.

No surprises with the rest.  Gally and Dolan were always going to have their options taken up and I'm sure they are keen to do a deal with McFadzean.  Feel very sorry for Barnes and Fyles but injuries really have hit them hard.  Sadly, Lenni seemed to lose his way once he got on the fringe of the first team.

I agree about Saadi, I have never seen anything special about him.

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Absolutely gutted for Sam Barnes. He was the best defender we had in the preseason that JDT joined. Not sure what’s happened for him to end up leaving…

Being injured for 2 years is something to do with it I'm guessing.

Lad isn't far off 22 and has played 1 senior game, needs to go and get his career going.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Barnes out Fleck in (maybe). This club! 

I don’t understand, why offer Fleck maybe offered a contract, yet getting rid of Barnes.

Guess you have to be waggotts mate to get a contract. 

Next meeting, please ask the question and if he says, fitness that needs to be challenged.

Edited by Moptop1

17 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Lad isn't far off 22 and has played 1 senior game, needs to go and get his career going.

think those injuries have finished him off as player at this level,not even this bunch of ****heads would have released him if he was the player he was before

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

Alex Baker and Isaac Whitehall both have similar injury records and have both been offered new deals although Whitehall did come back and play a few under 21 games towards the end of the season. I don't know how much each of them earn but it seems strange that Sam Barnes is being released yet two others aren't. Throw Fleck into that equation and once again questions are being asked.

16 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Alex Baker and Isaac Whitehall both have similar injury records and have both been offered new deals although Whitehall did come back and play a few under 21 games towards the end of the season. I don't know how much each of them earn but it seems strange that Sam Barnes is being released yet two others aren't. Throw Fleck into that equation and once again questions are being asked.

Has Barnes played since his injury ?

19 minutes ago, Neal said:

I mentioned Ricardo Santos a few times... Might back track on that one... Deflected one for the first, awful positioning for the 2nd. 

This Bolton side wouldn't win a pub league.

I'd be livid if I was a Wanderers fan today, the season coming down to this 90 minutes and they have been appalling and showed no desire at all.

Posted (edited)

Paris magoma was the stand out player for spurs u21s when they played our kids at leyland a few years back to the point I have actively kept an eye on his career . I’ve told countless people about him he was that impressive and he was appalling today, especially for the second goal

Edited by Oldgregg86

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, arbitro said:

The decisions are that baffling i would be asking people who care more than I do to check who there agents are

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

There’s only ever been a few players in the whole time I’ve been watching youth football that made me take notice (for the opposition). Rashford , Hudson odoi, solanke,  a lad called jordi hiwula , (for city) whose career never went anywhere near where I thought  and Paris maghoma. In about 15 years (not including rovers players) these are the only ones who have stood out as something better than you would expect.  I can’t believe how poor maghoma looked today

Edited by Oldgregg86

Remember seeing Daniel Sturridge and Micah Richards play at Ewood (in separate games) and thinking they both had something. Unfortunately both largely succumbed to injury

• Like 1