Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Newcastle Utd (h) - FA Cup R5 - 27/2/24, k/o 19:45

controversial but... 

Wahlstedt
Brittain O'Riordan Wharton Pickering

Buckley Tronstad  Garrett

Moran Sigurdsson 

Telalovic

only to give some of our players (Sammie, Gally, Hyam, McFadz etc) a rest because we need them (and dont want them getting injured) for the more vital championship games. 

also Pears on TV worries me, as the attention may be taken away from the owners if he is calamitous. 

Edited by NeilInBristol
typo

15 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I won't be going that's for sure.

I'd put out the kids / anyone that didn't get on against Norwich. Hell I'd even play Markanday. 

We need to focus on the league and rest our starting XI. 

markanday didnt even make the bench yesterday but he was at the ground as he was on the video when the players arrived, maybe hes carrying an injury or he was being rested for newcastle??

16 hours ago, Old Codger said:

and the chance to spank the downtrodden upstarts from that little place where Shearer used to ply his trade...the only place where Shearer won anything. I mean, what's not to look forward to.

Just to remind the barcodes !

Edited by Ianrally
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

Wahlstedt

Moran Sigurdsson 

Telalovic

McFadzean(I think after being on the bench for Coventry in the third round but not playing) and O'Riordan is cup tied 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

telalovic up against a premier league side🤣

Why not haha

We have to rest Sammie and Gally only just returned from injury so he should be rested.. we have no options apart from McG...oh wait. Ennis? Oh wait. Harry Leo.. oh wait 

• Like 1

We know JDT would have given this everything.

Over to JE to match his enthusiasm for Cup games.

Have to take our chance when it comes along. Worry about Newcastle pace against McFadzean. Fear Bruno will give Bucko a footballing lesson and Dolan will be little boy lost. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, philipl said:

Have to take our chance when it comes along. Worry about Newcastle pace against McFadzean. Fear Bruno will give Bucko a footballing lesson and Dolan will be little boy lost. 

Mcfadz may not(and should not )be able to play

44 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

McFadzean(I think after being on the bench for Coventry in the third round but not playing) and O'Riordan is cup tied 

Well spotted 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

telalovic up against a premier league side🤣

I think that could be a masterstroke, after 10 mins the Newcastle players will assume it's a make a wish foundation situation and might let him score a goal.

I wonder would he be averse to shaving his head? 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, NeilInBristol said:

controversial but... 

Wahlstedt

Moran Sigurdsson 

Telalovic

only to give some of our players (Sammie, Gally, Hyam, McFadz etc) a rest because we need them (and dont want them getting injured) for the more vital championship games. 

also Pears on TV worries me, as the attention may be taken away from the owners if he is calamitous. 

You worry that Pears' incompetence may distract so youd play Wahlstedt instead?! Not to mention Telalovic etc.

Totally disagree with the idea of resting everyone too, lets treat this as a bit of excitement in a boring season, theres an FA cup quarter final on the line.

• Like 2

Surely the only way to approach this is 'nothing to lose / no pressure / go and play your game' rather than any kind of parking the bus tactic.

We're almost certainly going to lose either way, so we might as well give it a go.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, philipl said:

Not sure the pop at Dolan is justified at the current time. There’s a few in the queue in front of him. 

• Like 2

Home Tickets sold so far (via the ticket map SVG);

Jack Walker - 6,390
BBE Lower - 3,647
Riverside - 1,961
Total - 11,998

Factoring in the Newcastle fans, who I believe have sold out the Darwen End - there should be at least 20k at Ewood tomorrow.

• Like 2

There's always the casual fan interested in a game like this. There's 4 going from my work who, despite all being Rovers fans and having a history of attending previously, haven't paid to go to a game all season.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Wonder who Shearer will be supporting?

Newcastle United of course

59 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

Alls I'm hoping is they get jdt in the studio and ply him with booze and get him blabbing

No chance. It will Lineker, Shearer and probably Jermaine Jenas

14 minutes ago, Hasta said:

There's always the casual fan interested in a game like this. There's 4 going from my work who, despite all being Rovers fans and having a history of attending previously, haven't paid to go to a game all season.

That's why getting back to PL wouldn't just increase revenue but also increase the number of people attending games. 

4 minutes ago, lraC said:

I could be wrong, but think being on the bench and not actually coming on, does not actually count as being cup tied.

I think you are correct actually.

Page 17 of this document 

https://www.thefa.com/-/media/thefacom-new/files/competitions/2022-23/emirates-fa-cup/rules-of-the-fa-challenge-cup-2022-23.ashx

• Like 2

I would rest McFadzean for this game and play Koumetio. Move Hyam to the middle of the back 3. Wouldn't play Chrisene at left centre with Wharton in the middle of the back. 

Plus I would play Garrett in place Buckley with him being a sub. 

Pickering starts at left back. 

So my team would be 

Pears

Koumetio Hyam Wharton

Brittain Tronstad Garrett Pickering 

Dolan Szmodics 

Gallagher 

Subs:- Wahlstedt McFadzean Chrisene Moran Buckley Telalovic Sigurdsson Glisenan Ayari