BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Newcastle Utd (h) - FA Cup R5 - 27/2/24, k/o 19:45

Oh I don't doubt it is going to be exciting. I mean, the Saudi-bank-rolled Toon Army, smarting from a proper slapping by the Arrogant Arse, a chance to progress into the meaningful stages of the longest running cup competition in football, the prestige and pleasure of playing at one of the North West's finest stadiums, and the chance to spank the downtrodden upstarts from that little place where Shearer used to ply his trade.... I mean, what's not to look forward to?

I'm not looking forward to it 😞

Sadly I think there will be no hiding place from the glare of the TV lights and incisive punditry. It's likely to be a painful watch for the committed faithful of Ewood. Best thing that could happen would be some sort of protest, some sort of show of dissent against the vile tenure of the chicken chokers, some sort of clear signal to the world that whilst Blackburn Rovers might be but a distant and fading memory for most in terms of any footballing milestones, our fans still feel strongly about the club because of our pedigree.

Dogs in!

Venky's OUT!!

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

Newcastle have so much quality and will be wanting to progress. Be great to see us under the spotlight and on TV. Great opportunity for our young team to have this experience 

Loving the glass half full perspective Neill! Might have to watch through beer goggles myself on Tuesday 🙂

• Like 2

Eustace MUST field his strongest 11 and give it a Bowyer 'right good go'.

The last thing we need is a compromised Rovers' team humiliated on national television - that might prove a final nail in the relegation coffin with what it would do to confidence and morale.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

newcastle are struggling with injuries and howe is the kind of modern day manager type who will rest players for the cup,i reckon we can do em,szmodics with a late winner

Is he? His selections in the last 2 rounds suggest otherwise.

• Like 1

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v Newcastle Utd (h) - FA Cup R5 - 27/2/24, k/o 19:45
  • Herbie6590 pinned this topic

Jack Walker looks ok. I imagine both the JW and BEnd Lower will look fairly full by KO, as will the Darwen End, so job done for Swag when it comes to camera facing areas.

End of the day with the club in this low ebb we are not suddenly going to see a massive turn out for a BBC1 midweek against a mid table PL side.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Jack Walker looks ok. I imagine both the JW and BEnd Lower will look fairly full by KO, as will the Darwen End, so job done for Swag when it comes to camera facing areas.

End of the day with the club in this low ebb we are not suddenly going to see a massive turn out for a BBC1 midweek against a mid table PL side.

........when we are struggling to beat Champonship clubs.

I really fear a couple of hours of torture, here, and we don't know what sought of team will be put out.

• Like 2

Imagine if we were to progress like in previous years under JDT. At some point there would be an upswing in interest, just in time for the hammer of reality from Waggot's master plan to swing down with crushing consequences for the underlying fan base. 

Talk about being set up to fail 

Rao family to Waggott, "So, Mr Stephen, vat is da plan to bring our baby brand back to prominence, so vee can get our money back?"

Waggott to Rao & Desai contingent, (fumbles flat cap nervously and licks lips like an edit), "Oh, erm, plan, oh, yeah, right, err, plan.. millions in the UK will tune in on Tuesday evening to see your mighty warriors compete once again most nobly against the cream of the Premier League, a team bankrolled by royalty with even deeper pockets than your own gracious and generous cashmere lined codpieces"

RAOs to Waggott, " Great work, Mr Stephen, to gain us such exposure for our only slightly delayed by 12 years campaign to invade the UK market with chemically induced chicka-beasty tasty product, much loved by the rotund and jolly ex playing fraternity. Any news on how our test market is going - has Mr Dunn emerged yet from that three ton order of chicka-beasty tasty wings we sent in 2015 yet, for his live on stream tasting session?"

Waggott to Rao Desai mob assembled around iPhone in a tax-investigation hostel somewhere north of Chandigarh, "Oh yes, I'd forgotten about Mr Dunn and his extended consumer research project.. well, he is much better now, and once he was able to move away from permanent residence at the sewage treatment facility at Martholme, he felt and smelled much better, thanks for asking. Yes, I have done an excellent job in gaining such widespread exposure for the VENKY brand on nationally prominent media. Why, only last week, your esteemed logo featured prominently in the front window of a high speed communications platform hurtling through the second and third most densely populated areas of the UK, albeit in the dead of night."

Rao Desai Rabble to Waggott, " Mr Stephen, what would we do without you?. Any news on that trip to Bockinghem Place you promised you could get us? Madame is looking fowwad so much to sharing lemon drizzle recipes with the British King concubine, do keep us in the loop. You may go, Mr Stephen."

Sound of Bog Flushing...

Job done, chuckles the FWagoott, now let's just hope they can't get BBC iPlayer  in Pune next week as otherwise we will have to unplug the phones and fax machine again, like that time when Man you dicked us at theirs ..

This will be a «park the bus»-game isn’t it? Can’t see us holding out for long if that indeed is the tactic.

I think some of the reason we did well in the cups under JDT was that we didn’t roll over no matter the opposition. Made for some proud moments to be honest. Now I think the focus will be on avoiding relegation and nothing boost confidence like a heavy loss no matter who you’re facing. I always were of the opinion that a good run in the cup would be good for both the squad and the fans, but feel most clubs these days sees them as a nuisance the higher up they are.

Hope Eustace proves me wrong and goes for the juggular but won’t get my hopes up. Would be nice to have a good performance full of energy etc even if it should result in a loss. I’m guessing being a Rovers supporter these days means the bar for what we accept as ok is getting lower by the minute. What should be the absolute lowest bar at this club is «Arte et labore» like it was in the old days of Kenny, Souey and Hughes. Even in the cups. Give s our pride back!

• Like 2

Gut feel is we're going to get absolutely mullered. Think JDTs strength in the cups is that premier teams couldn't believe how attacking we were and we caught them out. 

While Eustace approach is the right thing in the league, I imagine we will really struggle to create much on Tuesday 

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 4

Prem teams although their passing is quicker and more accurate it tends to leave more spaces and be more open as they look to let the ball do the work. So that suited JDTs style and our young players coped with the pace better than a more senior side imo.

That's out the window now though so if it were me i'd still start a young team with many changes and go down the JDT route of be brave, have a real go, make a statement this is your chance.

Personally i see no point in risking all the key older players just to try and hold on for 95 mins then getting beat anyway. 

Just have a real go with young legs and take what comes that's what the cup is all about.

• Like 2

Under JDT, I was quietly confident that we'd do well in this one. 

Can't see the same hope under Eustace with the style he employs.

It'll be 1 way traffic and we'll have no chance of holding out for long. 

I think we'll be incredibly lucky to lose this by any less than 4-0.

Edited by davulsukur
  • Like 3

Expect nothing from the game itself, but would like to see plenty of Rao’s out banners around the ground. Show on National TV how much we want them gone. Singing it too.

This is an ideal opportunity for something to happen. What, I don’t know, but something.

• Like 2

Not happening, the tide has turned again judging on yesterday. The odd anti-Waggott chant which was either joined in with or ignored by the folk around me the other week was this time met with ‘shut the fuck up and get behind the team!’

So as a few of us predicted a timely managerial change has nipped a burgeoning groundswell in the bud - Swag and Suhail do the exact job these owners pay them for.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Personally i see no point in risking all the key older players just to try and hold on for 95 mins then getting beat anyway. 

You really don’t fancy us in extra time or penalties then.

6 hours ago, ElTwis said:

Naive I know but I thought we'd be looking at a decent crowd for this one, doesn't seem it on the seat map at the moment. 

I won't be going that's for sure.

I'd put out the kids / anyone that didn't get on against Norwich. Hell I'd even play Markanday. 

We need to focus on the league and rest our starting XI. 

• Like 1