BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Newcastle Utd (h) - FA Cup R5 - 27/2/24, k/o 19:45

1 hour ago, M_B said:

He rested Hedges against Cardiff and the inevitable happened on Saturday. 

I'll be there and I'm hoping he goes with a strong team, I'd say getting a good result/performance tomorrow night would be more beneficial going into the Swansea game than resting players and accepting defeat. 

With Hedges or anyone who has been played post injury to the point of serious risk of injury, in general, then obviously dont play them. But not specifically tomorrow because its seen as less of a priority. Agree with your last paragraph completely.

1 hour ago, DuffsLeftPeg said:

14th minute…have you got the balls? 🎾 

IMG_5666.jpeg

I'll be watching from afar and hoping to see the banners of protest proudly displayed for the whole world to see.

This game is live everywhere and will have an enormous audience, even though the ko time is awful in the Far East.

Great work, many of us are proud of you and your efforts.

Another shout out to the work done on the site. I note that the "dislike" option has returned but more importantly, imo, it now takes 2 decisions to like or dislike making accidents in selection nigh impossible, a great improvement especially for those on phones. I often pressed the previous icon by mistake and probably only noticed that half the time.

Whilst I do not expect to use the "dislike" option much if at all, on the basis of freedom of opinion, the double tap will hopefully make people think about what they are disliking and if they are reading a post in it's true context and not just jumping to unjust conclusions. It happens, and I know it does.

Good work by the backroom team.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 2
  • Downvote 2

6 hours ago, DeeCee said:

Come on you blues, I'll be in my chair screaming from 330 miles away 🤞

I get it on ESPN+ here in Texas. 
I will be enjoying a pork tenderloin, bbq beans, potato salad, & beer pregame. 
I do not expect a win, but I have been looking forward to this one. COYB!!!

Oh yes, I look forward to seeing the banners & proud Rovers fans, too! 

Edited by WacoRover
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I'll be watching from afar and hoping to see the banners of protest proudly displayed for the whole world to see.

This game is live everywhere and will have an enormous audience, even though the ko time is awful in the Far East.

Great work, many of us are proud of you and your efforts.

Another shout out to the work done on the site. I note that the "dislike" option has returned but more importantly, imo, it now takes 2 decisions to like or dislike making accidents in selection nigh impossible, a great improvement especially for those on phones. I often pressed the previous icon by mistake and probably only noticed that half the time.

Whilst I do not expect to use the "dislike" option much if at all, on the basis of freedom of opinion, the double tap will hopefully make people think about what they are disliking and if they are reading a post in it's true context and not just jumping to unjust conclusions. It happens, and I know it does.

Good work by the backroom team.

I just disliked your post for the fun of it. 😆

I like it really though 😘

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

- Eustace chance to become a hero and step out of JDT considerable shadow

- Newcastle frail and wobbly 

- Newcastle can thrash us so needs tightness at the back and taking our chances when they come. In short Gally and Dolan need to be sharp.

- I hope we are practicing penalties like we did before West Ham

• Like 3

I've said on many occasions that the FA Cup tie last season away to Sheff Utd really stirred something inside of me and the wider fanbase, it proved this club still has the support and in big numbers if we can get the off field stuff right.

Sadly with Wharton being sold and JDT being forced out, in my eyes I feel like we are back to square one, we are always one bad decision away from disaster under these rats, but in this case 2!

I have no interest in tonight's game, I've given my tickets away, but as always I hope we win for the superb downtrodden supporters, they deserve better, much better.

VENKYS OUT - NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

Edited by Gav
  • Like 5
  • Downvote 1

11 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

we can`t play a weakened side,mainly because we`ve hardly got a side to rotate,i suppose tronstadt,smzodics and gallagher could be given a night off but who do you replace them with🙄

We could easily make a load of changes, so yes, we absolutely could make a weak side even weaker.

Would be dangerous to risk Gallagher, McFadzean and Szmodics with 3 huge games coming up in the league. Getting to a quarter final would be brilliant for the 2nd year running, but not if it means our key players are knackered for Swansea on Saturday.

My predicted team, and probably way off. Please don't dislike my post 😂.

Pears

Hyam    Wharton    Pickering

Brittain     Tronstad    Garrett    Chrisene

Moran

Dolan     Sigurdsson

19 minutes ago, sharpysharps86 said:

Would be dangerous to risk Gallagher, McFadzean and Szmodics with 3 huge games coming up in the league. Getting to a quarter final would be brilliant for the 2nd year running, but not if it means our key players are knackered for Swansea on Saturday.

Pears

Moran

Dolan     Sigurdsson

Any professional player could play today and be fine for Saturday to be fair, it's just if any are feeling a tight groin or anything from the Norwich game. I strongly suspect none of the players want to sit tonight out though regardless....I'd say Szmodics especially will want to show he can cut it against premier league opposition with half an eye on his next career move...

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, sharpysharps86 said:

Pears

Moran

Dolan     Sigurdsson

Our best XI isn't great but putting out that team would be an insult to Rovers fans and the competition

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Wouldn't surprise me if Gallagher is rested for this and on the bench. 

Quoting what Jackson wrote in LT an hour or so ago!!!

Resting players!?  It's shite. 

Unless they are carrying an injury, the strongest 11 should be selected.  They are professional athletes.  Players could quite as easily get injured in the next training session!!!

Don't molly coddle the buggers - feckin man-up!

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

It’s a tool to help mods early identify posts which may prove problematic 👍

Ah !! Nice! 

Cheers mods. Anything to do that helps you we can get behind.

Back to the game, any early news on the lineup? Anyone spotted anything interesting at training yesterday?

• Downvote 1